Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did Jesus Christ really exist?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did Jesus Christ really exist?
    Posted: 08-Nov-2005 at 12:30
Agreed Graham. I think the phrase 'Son' may have been used prior to Jesus too. He did not claim himself as Son of God. In fact he rebuked those who called him that. (Luke 4:11, 9:20-21) Idolizing any other than God is a sin against monotheistic creed.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2005 at 12:36
Originally posted by spartan1138

Whoa. I didn't realize all my
grammar and spelling mistakes in that last post.
Sorry :'( . My views on the Passion of the Christ
where positive. The movie was great and lead alot
of people to God. All the critisism it got from the
Jews (don't get me wrong here I have nothing
against the Jews) were stupid. They critisised it
because it was true and it made them look bad. I
don't think the Jews did anything bad back in the
time when they crucified Jesus. They where all part
of Gods' plan to forgive are sins.

I can see your point.

I believe in the existence of Jesus, perhaps not as
such a divine person, but as one with answers. I
believe his miracles are true events, though perhaps
not by his "divinity". The Son of God is a strong
statement, which offended the Jews much, as there
is no God but God, and to be the son of god, makes
you a semi-god. Jews always deny that they
crucified Christ, and to an extent it is true, and to
another extent it is false. They did not personally
crucify him. They persisted on Pilate having it done,
who was against it, but to avoid a "confrontation" with
Caeser let them have their wish. He washed his
hands, signifying if he was indeed innocent, it was
their fault. The ROMANS then took Jesus and
flogged him beat him, so on and so forth, and then
they crucified him. The crucifixion itself would not
have happened, but the Jews persisted until it did.

Jesus is a man who earns my respect, though i am
not a Christian. I believe that his intentions are pure,
and as does any legend, his image has been
tainted, changed, sometimes shamed. He was an
extreme pacifist, and the wars fought in his name do
not do him justice, for he never would have done it.
Let us recall that he said instead of an eye for and
eye, turn the other cheek. Love your enemy.

As for his existence, I think it could easily be
assumed he did exist, but when you say his
existence you talk about more his divinity. it is
different to believe his divinity than his existence, as
was posted above.

And no, word never reached Caeser about Jesus,
because to the Empire, he was just another looney,
who was crucified. To put it into perspective,
crucifixion was then what hanging and burning
would be in the middle ages. Thats just how people
were punished. So of course word never reached
Augustus that we know of, and if it did, Augustus
wouldnt have made note of it, because a lot of
people were claiming things of such magnitude at
the time. Its called blasphemy. That is what Christ
was crucified for. Blasphemy. Not the claim to being
the son of God, but they called it blasphemy,
because that is what it is to Jews
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2005 at 13:04
Hello Jeruselam, nice to hear from you. I rspect your beliefs and I guess the question I wanted to ask was that if you believe his miracles as you have previously stated, then do also believe that he rose again after three days of his crucifixtion. If he is not the son of God then how could he come back from the dead? Just wanted to know your opinion
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2005 at 14:04

Originally posted by arch.buff

Hello Jeruselam, nice to hear from you. I rspect your beliefs and I guess the question I wanted to ask was that if you believe his miracles as you have previously stated, then do also believe that he rose again after three days of his crucifixtion. If he is not the son of God then how could he come back from the dead? Just wanted to know your opinion

Yes I believe that he rose from the dead.  What mustnt be done is to keep what we believe as being the only things possible.  It could have been something other-wordly.  There are many things that remain as mysteries to us.  There are debates as to the existence of extra-terrestrial beings, or even other intelligent beings.  Perhaps Jesus was helped by other-wordly beings

Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2005 at 15:22

Who cares? The religion "he" gave birth works. If anyone could come out with solid proofs that he didn't exist would the christians believe him/her?

It's too late to think now that it is important if He was what He was supposed to be. Better think of what He was supposed to teach and what has became of it!

I'M AGNOSTIC!

Edited by Cezar
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2005 at 17:46

"Yes I believe that he rose from the dead.  What mustnt be done is to keep what we believe as being the only things possible.  It could have been something other-wordly.  There are many things that remain as mysteries to us.  There are debates as to the existence of extra-terrestrial beings, or even other intelligent beings.  Perhaps Jesus was helped by other-wordly beings"

-Again I do respect your opinions but with your above statement being said....then basicallly anythings possible. The "what if" comes into play and then its all scatter brained. For instance "what if" what we know as life today is just a dream and when we die we wake up but when we wake we are 100 feet tall and are slaves to aliens on a planet that is 10 times hotter than the sun...........see where Im goin with this. I mean if we play the "what if" game then what if everything we can see and touch isnt real. What if it is just a manifestation of our minds. I believe we should build off the things we already know and try to gain more knowledge by aggresive yet open minded investigation. 

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 09:29
[QUOTE=arch.buff]

"Yes I believe that he rose from the dead. What
mustnt be done is to keep what we believe as being the only things
possible. It could have been something other-wordly. There are many
things that remain as mysteries to us. There are debates as to the
existence of extra-terrestrial beings, or even other intelligent beings.
Perhaps Jesus was helped by other-wordly beings"

-Again I do respect your opinions but with your above statement being
said....then basicallly anythings possible. The "what if" comes into play
and then its all scatter brained.For instance"what if" what we know as
life todayis just a dream and when we die we wake up but when we wake
we are 100 feet tall and are slaves to aliens on aplanet that is10 times
hotter than the sun...........see where Im goin with this. I mean if we play
the "what if" game then what if everything wecan see and touch isnt real.
What if it is just a manifestation of our minds.I believe we should build
off the things we already know and try to gain more knowledge
byaggresive yet open mindedinvestigation.

<!-- Signature -->[/
QUOTE]

I see where you are with this, but Im not trying to play the what if game. I
am merely saying that we mustnt bound ourselves to our world, and the
truths WE know. There are many things we do not know, and it is hard to
imagine that as well. I understand that if we played the what if game we
could make some unbelievably stupid things, but I am saying that there
are just things we do not know.
Jhangora View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Jhangora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2005 at 11:59

Originally posted by arch.buff

I love Jesus bcoz he loved everyone.

Jai Badri Vishal
Fighter Darrwn Shan View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Fighter Darrwn Shan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 10:56
jesus is real becouse how did we get put on this planet named earth i love the bible it gives you info on what happened back then and god help me with my life so he must be real.

Edited by Fighter Darrwn Shan
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 11:05

Originally posted by Fighter Darrwn Shan

i love the bible it gives you info on what happened back then and god help me with my life so he must be real.

I'm sure the Bible provides a spritual support for the readers. Regarding that it gives us "info on what happened back then" it only narrate stories up to the creation of universe, which is (according to the bible) 5,000-10,000 years ago only.

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 19:16

........He did, and does, exist, and there is a God who created use and the universe and everything.

Edited by Keith
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 19:18

Originally posted by Dalsung Hwarang

There are deeper things than the mind and the evidence u need to see if something exists... its called presence which comes from faith!

i agree w/u...................go God !!!!!

Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 19:27

Prophet Jesus (or Isa) existed, as far as I'm concerned. The Qur'an speaks of him (not to mention the Gospels). It is a question of faith, I know.

But there is some historical evidence through Flavius Josephus (a Jewish historian) accounts. Some good works have been written on the historical Jesus more recently. I think there is reasonable historical evidence for his existence.

Edited by Infidel
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 17:19

Who cares?

Is it so important? Whether wether He was or not, we are faced with the fact that anyone who believes that He was, would never accept a "proof" that He was not'.

*I am Agnostic, I don't care about any God. I am not saying that I'm right

Dark Age View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Dark Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 13:53
It's a sign!

Just bumping with a little humor while going through the archives is all. 
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 17:18

Keith wrote

He did, and does, exist, and there is a God who created use and the universe and everything.

Question,  If a Creator-God made this universe, then where was he before that? Did he make our universe because he had to leave his old one? Lost his lease or something? And who created God, anyhoo?

Just wondering.    

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2006 at 17:39
Originally posted by Dark Age

It's a sign!

Just bumping with a little humor while going through the archives is all. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 20:08
Well who created the being that created God? This is who came first the chicken or the egg question. That is irrelevant. Many scientists who study long and hard of how we came to being actually have their faith to god strengthen because of the spectacular things that have happened. Nature for example is so perfect. Your body, my body, who else could have created a living being like that? I believe there is a plan. Nothing happens at random when it comes to nature
Antoninus View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Antoninus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2006 at 23:31
There is more documentary evidence that Jesus existed than any number of other famous historical personages. People would call you stupid if you posited that Alexander the Great was a fabrication.

It's considered intelligent to doubt that Jesus was God. It's considered sophisticated to sneer at Christians and mock their beliefs. It's now considered savvy to question whether He even existed.

Let me assure you. He not only existed--He lives.
In hoc signo, vinces.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2006 at 00:44

That is irrelevant. Many scientists who study long and hard of how we came to being actually have their faith to god strengthen because of the spectacular things that have happened.
Never heard that before. Today in the news they were talking about how excited scientist were since a probe in space gave more evidence of how the big bang works. I think either the scientist already believe in a god or don't, I don't think in science they'll gain or lose much in faith wise.

Nature for example is so perfect.
I believe scientists would see the opposite in that. In evolution many of the problems humans face that make us imperfect may die out over time through a evolutionary process. But thanks to modern medicine, all the imperfects stay and continue to be inherited. Not that I'm against medicine though, I'm all for it.

I believe there is a plan.
I don't believe in faith as plan, a big plan, luck, karma, or any outside influence. There really isn't any evidence for it. Though I do believe that Earth is destined to be destroyed. One sciencetist, after hours of calculations said that we are going to collide with Andromeda in 3 billion years. Odds are a asteroid will probably hit us first, or we kill ourselves.

Nothing happens at random when it comes to nature
The universe is pretty random if you ask me.

But I will say this, for all it's faults, imperfections, and randomness, it is beutiful. If a supreme being did it, he did a pretty good job and I doubt it would have built it for perfection but would have set out the things needed to create life and watched his creation grow.

Though, I don't believe in any supreme being because there is nothing to prove it and seems like another human hope and wish to have reason to life. Family and friends is all the reason I need. 

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>