Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Imperial Glory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote vulkan02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Imperial Glory
    Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 15:06

this game is supposed to be like Rome but its based on the Napoleonic wars like Cossacks... anyone played it yet?

The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 18:13
I can't say I am all that impressed with Imperial Glory. It is fun to play up to a certain point then, it tends to lag. One of the main reasons I can't say it is as good as RTW or MTW or, Empire Earth 1 and 2 is the lack of being able to recruit large armies and, only being able to send three armies at a time into a country you are invading. If I have ten superior armies setting outside a nation, what is the reasoning behind the game's not allowing me to go in and vanquish my foe? Another complaint is being unable to reinforce my armies when they have suffered enough losses to need reinforcements. I had an army with only 23 men left and the ominous red cross above it. I sent in one of my better equipped and healthy armies and sent this one back to the barracks for reinforcements. To my surprise and consternation, I could not reinforce this army, even though it would  be worthless in battle again as it was. I also find using naval power to be somewhat lacking. Why can I not link my vessels into a convoy and attack my enemy in force rather than with only one ship? I have noticed the AI which seems to be extremely good at winning, can hem you up and then team up on you. The map used in IG is also rather dark and this makes it difficult to know where you are going, when using sea travel. I read on another forum where someone was wanting cheat codes. I use these myself and, see nothing wrong with cheat codes but, I don't know if they would help this much in this game. I have a way of acquiring all of the money I need and, this seems to be adequate. I do wish the game had allowed modding, however. This is one of the reasons I like RTW so well. If you don't like something you can change or tailor it. Oh, well. I will continue to play the game. I paid forty bucks for it minus taxes and, I certainly donot intend to throw it away. Eventually, perhaps, someone will come up with some trainers, etc., to make up for the shortcomings IG now has.  Cheers,
 Post Reply Post Reply