Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Islam Is Gaining a Foothold in Chiapas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islam Is Gaining a Foothold in Chiapas
    Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 10:45
This seems to be causing grave concern for the leaders of Mexico, a Catholic dominated nation. Is it???

Long a bastion of Catholicism, southern Mexico is quickly turning into a battleground for soul-savers. Islam, too, is gaining a foothold and the indigenous Mayans are converting by the hundreds. The Mexican government is worried about a culture clash in their own backyard.... see link for story

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/spiegel/0,1518 ,358223,00.html

other source:

http://goldwater.mideastreality.com/2005/jun/06_07.html
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 11:38
300 muslims on a population of 4 million Chiapanecs? I bet there are even more jedi's than muslims in Chiapas.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 13:16
Yeah, but that is enough to light an Eaglecap fire.
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 13:26

Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 13:31

Thanks God we are a Tolerant country and not a nation full of a bunch of paranoic morons.

Being concerned about the spread of the Islam in Mexico is pathetic and idiotic.

There has been muslims in Mexico since the Colonial Era when muslims and jewish moved from the Old World to America.

In more recent muslim / middle eastern inmigrations towards Mexico, during the 1920's thousands of lebaneses and syrians settled in Mexico.
Eventually, they were assymilated and became Catholics.

We, as Mexicans should be more concerned about Hare Krishna and other Christian denominations opposed to the donation of blood, or show respect to the National Flag or sing the National Anthem, or that one that spread the believe that the native americans are some kind of lost jewish tribe, that was punished by crucifing to Christ by second time.
Those are dangerous, not the Muslims.

Just so you know, there are already religious motivated clashes between the Catholics and other Christians groups in Chiapas.

Muslims are not a danger, at least for us.

Despites, I'm pro religious freedom, I firmly believe that the Catholic Church should be specially supported.
I'm not a conservative and I'm far away of being one, but the Catholic Church has been always a Cathalyzer in Mexico. The Indepence war started and was organized by Catholic Priests as Hidalgo, Morelos , Matamoros among others. Our first banner was the image of our Lady of Guadalupe.

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 22:31
It only takes a spark to start a forest fire!! At its very beginning Islam exploded across three continents in a very short period. I agree with freedom of religion as long as any particular religion respects other views.
According to the article above the Mexican government is concerned. Whether their concern is justified or not will be revealed in time. I am glad Mexico respects freedom of religion but what would happen if Islam became dominate.

read:
About 300 Tzozil-Indians have converted to Islam in recent years and it's a development that is beginning to worry the Mexican government. Indeed, the government even suspects the new converts of subversive activity and has already set the secret service onto the track of the Mayan Muslims.

Mexican President Vincente Fox has even gone so far as to say he fears the influence of the radical fundamentalists of al-Qaida.

Edited by eaglecap
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote strategos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 23:35
Islam seems to grow in alot of poor nations, (not saying it does not do the same in wealthy nations), but especially if u look at Indonesia and such. Perhaps it might catch on in Mexico, and soon enough American boys will be learning Arabic instead of Spanish in classes!(kidding Jalisco)
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 00:15

Strategos and eaglecap, you boys are such paranoics ( kidding Strategos ). I would not mind to have muslims.
How about you ?

Fox has nevr made such statements, E.
You should start reading real news paper and get a cultural point of view by your own instead of reading coast to coast kind of crap, Pal

Edited by Jalisco Lancer
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 00:24
Of course I believe in freedom of religion and someone is free to convert to Islam in Mexico or the U.S. I do not care but I do fear the extreme Muslims.

Look at the post by phallanx about the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul and then you will see my concerns. Under Greek minorities in modern
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 00:28

E:

I do not care about your perjudice.

You are posting something in a light way about my country and the " danger " about the Islam.

Wellcome to the sunnies or chiies if they wanna come.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 00:44
Originally posted by Jalisco Lancer

E:

I do not care about your perjudice.

You are posting something in a light way about my country and the " danger " about the Islam.

Wellcome to the sunnies or chiies if they wanna come.

Are you afraid to learn what the Greeks experienced for 500 years? But, that is your right!!
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 04:26
Originally posted by eaglecap

It only takes a spark to start a forest fire!! At its very beginning Islam exploded across three continents in a very short period. I agree with freedom of religion as long as any particular religion respects other views.

Mexican President Vincente Fox has even gone so far as to say he fears the influence of the radical fundamentalists of al-Qaida.

Could anybody enlighten me how many Muslim citiziens the USA have? I'm sure there must be quite a few millions and it hasn't done you any harm, has it?
Why getting worked up about a few hundred Muslims in Mexico? .......
.......Because they're Muslims, if they had converted to Judaism or the Orthodox church, nobody would bat an eyelash.
It's just another symptom of American led Anti-Islamic paranoia, and it reminds of something.......what was his name, McCarthy or something......, that would be an excellent idea, a committee that investigates Islamic activities, or a doctrin that states that the USA wouldn't allow any Islamic missionary activities on the American continent, and a few CIA agents going to help the Mexican government to combat those activities, or military advisors, or a special Marine unit in the jungles of Mexico, the possibilities are endless......
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 08:03
Apparently, Isman was introduced to there by a Scotsman.
Arrrgh!!"
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 13:05
Originally posted by Komnenos

Originally posted by eaglecap

Could anybody enlighten me how many Muslim citiziens the USA have? I'm sure there must be quite a few millions and it hasn't done you any harm, has it?
Why getting worked up about a few hundred Muslims in Mexico? .......
.......Because they're Muslims, if they had converted to Judaism or the Orthodox church, nobody would bat an eyelash.
It's just another symptom of American led Anti-Islamic paranoia, and it reminds of something.......what was his name, McCarthy or something......, that would be an excellent idea, a committee that investigates Islamic activities, or a doctrin that states that the USA wouldn't allow any Islamic missionary activities on the American continent, and a few CIA agents going to help the Mexican government to combat those activities, or military advisors, or a special Marine unit in the jungles of Mexico, the possibilities are endless......

There are about seven million Muslims in our nation, mostly foreigners but some converts. We have very few in my area but they are here, maybe a few hundred. We have 300 million people in our nation, so they are still very much a minority. I do not think that most in America are violent or the threat to this nation but it only took a few to hi jack that plane. I really feel bad for the Muslim community in America if there is another 9/11. I often dialogue with an Egyptian Muslim friend and he understands I only have a problem with the few radicals.

All beliefs systems can have their extremist but currently it is the Muslims who are causing most of the conflicts in the world, who are the ones blowing themselves up. Isn't suicide a sure way to end up in Hell according to the Koran?
I cannot recall the exact figure but out of over 100 wars around the world most are being fought between Muslims and their neighbors. Look what is happening in Nigeria and you will see what I fear if the Muslim population should ever explode in Mexico or America. If they are peaceful and show respect to other beliefs then I will respect them. I dont see an explosion of Islam in Mexico in our life time and as long as they leave the Mexicans who remain faithful to the Catholic church alone then they have the right to believe what they want.

I dont care much for Mormons or JWs but I will respect their right to believe as well.
I have read almost half the Koran but I suppose I am misinterpreting it since I can't read Arabic.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 13:12
If you can't read Arabic, then how can you read the Koran?
I'm going to assume you are reading a translation.
Arrrgh!!"
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 14:29
I have a penguin version of the Koran. A British publisher!!

It is interesting how the Muslims can come to Mexico, the U.S. or Canada to make converts and build mosques, mostly funded by the wahabi sect in Saudi Arabia. A Mexican is free to change his religion but in Saudi Arabia and a few other Muslim countries it is the death penalty to convert to another faith. I am not saying it is like this in all Muslim nations.
I once asked an Arab at my university from the United Arab Emirates if this was true and he said it was true. Before 9/11 we had a number of Middle Eastern students. Funny, he had his table set up and he was trying to win converts to Islam but he had no converts from this mostly Catholic-Protestant area.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 15:04
A Mexican is free to change his religion but in Saudi Arabia and a few other Muslim countries it is the death penalty to convert to another faith. I am not saying it is like this in all Muslim nations.

So we should show we are morally superior, and not complain if people convert to another religion.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 15:19
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

A Mexican is free to change his religion but in Saudi Arabia and a few
other Muslim countries it is the death penalty to convert to another
faith. I am not saying it is like this in all Muslim nations.

So we should show we are morally superior, and not complain if people convert to another religion.

??????

Someone has the right to complain but the U.S. or Mexico does not execute people for changing their religion from Christian to Islamic. Like I said this is not the policy of all Muslim nations.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 17:03
sure, but what does that have to do with this topic. By mentioning it you give the impression that you are right to complain about people converting to Islam in the US and Mexico, because you still treat them better than some muslim countries treat christian converts.
Murtaza View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Murtaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 03:23

Are you afraid to learn what the Greeks experienced for 500 years? But, that is your right!!

chemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />>>

Infact They experience are not so  much bad. After all they lived in anatolia 800 year under the islamic rules.. If you realy want to learn bad experience ask it to araps, They will say you how crusaders threated them.They will explain you Spain Muslims too. how many year they lived under Christian rules? Or ask Spain jews why did they come stanbul? And you should ask yourself who helped Bin Laden at first? Saddam? they are mostly children of USA.

And Because some islamic country is moronic I dont  see any reason others should be moronic too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>