Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

American cult groups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American cult groups
    Posted: 12-Jul-2019 at 12:52
There are still isolated groups of folks who live "off the grid". Yes, there are some who are less connected than others, however they mainly want to be left alone.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
anh huu View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote anh huu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2019 at 02:49
<span style=": rgb232, 220, 208;">Some few years ago I spent the best part of a year touring North Dakota, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho.  I frequently came across groups of people who had bowed out of society to live and run their own alternative lifestyles. Amongst other things, they didn't pay taxes.  Generally speaking they were OK types, but some were clearly "away with the fairies" and disconnected from society in more ways than just a few.  Although at the time I never felt concerned for my safety, a lot of Americans have since told me that I was running great personal risk in involving myself with fringe groups such as these.  Do they still survive in significant numbers, or has the US national or state governments oppressed them out of existence ?</span>

Edited by red clay - 12-Jul-2019 at 12:47
 Post Reply Post Reply