Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rome Total War Expansion: The Barbarian Invasions announced

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rome Total War Expansion: The Barbarian Invasions announced
    Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 14:26
Apparently look for an Oct release.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/rometotalwarexpansion/pr eview_6125812.html

Screenshots
http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/744/744459/imgs_1.html

From the information I've seen, it will span from 364AD to 476AD and you can play any of 10 factions, including either the Western and Eastern Roman Empire, the Saxons, Goths, Vandals, and the Sassanian Persians.

As I posted elsewhere here, I was hoping that the next game of the Total War series to be a late Antiquity/Dark Age game from 350AD to about 800  including the entire Vlkerwanderung, the Sassanian Persians, the fall of the Western Roman Empire, the arrival of the Avars, and the rise of Islam etc.  You could have had the Islamic armies appear out of Arabia in the middle of the campaign in a way similar to how the Mongols appreared in 1230 in the MTW game....
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 11:18
Well we knew it was coming, can't wait to see it. Though i havn't played RTW in ages, maybe its time for that reinstall.
The Arabia thing would seem logical, i'm sure you could always make a mod that does that if the actual expansion doesn't.
I'm wondering if the expansion will introduce new maps like MTW did with the Viking Invasions.
Arrrgh!!"
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 20:58
Awesome. Wonder where TW will go next, Dark Ages or New world perhaps. I looked through the computer games shop today, since Rome TW came out I just snub most other strategy games.
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jun-2005 at 23:19
Having just gotten into RTW two weeks ago, I'm greatly looking forward to the expansion! The late empire is my favorate period in Roman history!

I think the next total war will go to the Napoleonic age.  I don't think Arabia is logical because they've already done MTW and they need something western which is their main market.

Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 02:46
Interestingly enough - I still don't have RTW yet...

When I play, I'll still play MTW:VI with that XL mod I wrote about in another thread ( http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3525& ;PN=1.

But with this announced exp pack, I'll get it sometime soon....
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 17:59
if it significantly improves gameplay i may get it, otherwise i won't spent more money on that game...i got the game when it came out in november and haven't played it since december...
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 16:04

http://www.totalwar.com/community/rtwbi.htm

10 playable factions (there are more minor ones apparently), one of it my very own people the Allemanni, damn now if have to get it...plus Huns, Sarmatians and Sasanids = *drools*

but Goths as a single nation? i would have prefered them split in Visigoths and Ostrogoths...

Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 20:43
Originally posted by Temujin

http://www.totalwar.com/community/rtwbi.htm

10 playable factions (there are more minor ones apparently), one of it my very own people the Allemanni, damn now if have to get it...plus Huns, Sarmatians and Sasanids = *drools*

but Goths as a single nation? i would have prefered them split in Visigoths and Ostrogoths...

Agreed - they had separated into their different tribes (such as the Greuthungi etc) before this.  It was about 370 that Ermanarach's Ostrogothic steppe realm was overrun by the Huns....
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 22:29
Whenever RTW expansion will be it will doubless be better than Imperial Glory, a game I like but, nonetheless, a game which leaves a lot to be desired when considering RTW and some of the others.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2005 at 20:58

You could have had the Islamic armies appear out of Arabia in the middle of the campaign in a way similar to how the Mongols appreared in 1230 in the MTW game....

That would be awesome.

Raider View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2005 at 06:03

I suppose the huns will be the main villain, not the arab armies. I am looking forward to capture Rome and Constantinople with them. I hope they will be playable.

Post Reply Post Reply