Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

garden hanging babylon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ClintonJMolina View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ClintonJMolina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: garden hanging babylon
    Posted: 06-Nov-2018 at 23:38
According to legend, the hanging garden of Babylon is a special gift of the king Nabuchadnezzar (605-562 BC) of the Chaldean dynasty of Babylon gave the queen of Princess Medes love. And now it has no trace. Is the garden hanging there?
Arthur-Robin View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Arthur-Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2018 at 08:44
I had a booklet of the  wonders of the world in which i think i remember it was said that there were some remains that some think may have been the hanging gardens, and that "hanging" might mean slightly different to what some think, though i don't have the booklet anymore to check. One book i have here says Koldewey unearthed a garden and a tower, and a picture caption says "arches which according to Koldewey probably held up the hanging gardens". Another book says "at the north eastern corner of the palace was a structure with thick brick walls and long narrow vaulted chambers.... the walls suggest this was a high building. The excavator proposed to identify it with the hanging gardens. .... the vaulted rooms could have supported terraces of brickwork for these gardens." Media was a more mountainous country so it is possible. ("Garden" is also used for female like in Song of Solomon.) Another legend as them built by Semiramis 5 generations earlier. The gardens might possibly have been on the ziggurat or tower of Babel/Babylon? In Peru the Akapana pyramid in Tiahuanaco/Tiwanaku also had gardens and water fed to various parts. Ancient middle east nations had sacred groves (as did Britons/Celts too). Garden of Fin in Persian. Palace garden of Ahasuerus in 'Esther' in bible. Compare modern botanic gardens and zoos. Some say Babylon is sight of garden of Eden, or of the land of Nod to east of Eden at Jerusalem. Could also check what wikipedia article on it says.

Edited by Arthur-Robin - 07-Nov-2018 at 08:53
NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.
 Post Reply Post Reply