Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Questions about Battle of Shanghai(Luodian)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Awesomeg View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Awesomeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions about Battle of Shanghai(Luodian)
    Posted: 26-Apr-2018 at 22:27
I have some questions about the Battle of Shanghai or more specifically the Battle for Luodian that took place during the Battle of Shanghai. This was during the Second Sino-Japanese war.
I used Google Translate to read this website
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_bed56c720102v3k2.html

8月26日上午7时,敌人两个联队对罗店再次发动攻击 = At 7 a.m. on August 26, the two enemy teams launched an attack on Luodian again.

到了9月4日,蒋介石大发雷霆,给他们冷冷地甩下一句话:“今天如果夺不回罗店,师以上军官统统就地处决!” = On September 4th, Chiang Kai-shek was furious and gave them a cold rejection: "If you can't return to Luodian today, you will be executed on the spot!"

I find the dates confusing cause this site https://ww2db.com/battle_spec.php?battle_id=85h states that the Battle for Luodian only took place between 11 to 15 September 1937 and not on August 26 or September 4th .  Can anyone help clear up the confusion?

Edited by Awesomeg - 26-Apr-2018 at 22:30
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2018 at 00:13
Between September 11th & 15th 1937 seems about right as it came at about the midpoint of the battle of Shanghai.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply