Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trump elected

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trump elected
    Posted: 09-Nov-2016 at 03:12
I don't know what will come..never did. But that was true of Hillary had she got the nod.

I will not mouth platitudes of unity etc...et.al. This country remains divided... but in a sense it always has been. if you don't believe me then review your American history..as a professional historian I can verify this. Very few periods in American history can claim unity and usually only during national crisis that involved war...but even this was not always true.

But this isn't about Trump or Clinton. This is about the American people making a decision. Right or wrong. It will be questioned by his opposition... as his policies develop... and allies who know him only for his bombast.

But this isn't the first time we have had a leader of the free world that displayed bombast...the question remains what will we be in 4 years. I don't know.

Trump may not have a mandate but he has achieved a clear victory. What he does with it we must wait to see.

God bless America.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2016 at 03:28
You have administration and intelligence services that can control any situation i hope.Now it is going on history channel story about "schism=divisions" in White House during Obama's last year as president.
I am very concerned about World wide trend of establishments that practice "populism".Experiences from those trends for history have never been good.
Good bless us all C.V.!

Edited by medenaywe - 09-Nov-2016 at 04:37
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2016 at 09:08
I very much respect the Office of President of the US. There is nothing that says I must respect the person who holds that office.

Indeed, God Bless us all.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2016 at 15:23
Originally posted by red clay

I very much respect the Office of President of the US. There is nothing that says I must respect the person who holds that office.

Ole dog truer words were never spoken...I have said the same myself in the past. We may not like the person but we must love the republic.

Now I'm tired..watched all night...going to bed. All I'll say is conclusion is that the 'winds' shifted..ideologic-politic-out on the high lonesome lonesome. As I noted what they bring...is unknown.

But they haven't shifted between you and me you still my pard.

amen.

S. T. Friedman

Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2016 at 04:39

No, you don't. You can't act like disrespectful, but you don't have to show respect. 

Example: You shouldn't have to stand up when you hear national anthem. It is your choice, but you can't shout or make noise. 

"Confederate States of America" lost the civil war, but took the elections 
Your detailed election by demographic

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2016 at 07:46
Aeoli, I can and will show disrespect to mr. Trump. But to me the National Anthem is sacred. That has nothing to do with Trump. He ran on a bunch of BS promises that he could never deliver on.

He can be impeached, and we must remember that.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2016 at 14:30
You have anti Trump protests now Red.Hope you will stay calm in your divided world.You need stateman now, real one.
Who knows maybe we were wrong... 

Edited by medenaywe - 10-Nov-2016 at 14:36
Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2016 at 15:47

Aeoli, I can and will show disrespect to mr. Trump. But to me the National Anthem is sacred. 

LOLLOLLOL 

I am wondering, what you will do when a guy like Trump or Trump will elect in next three elections as in Turkey Wink

How much nationalism will left in your mind?

Will you care nation, flag or national anthem? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What says US legal system about CAEXIT ? 

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2016 at 18:17
did respect is variable...if ya don't like that term then consider 'virulent ideological opposition' that's demonstrated in varying forms as an alternative. it might come in many forms....

a.disagreement over policy-ideology-theology-agendas etc. that's fine. that's Americanism.

b. rejection of the mainstream liberal news pundits who were blatantly in the bag for Clinton. that's fine too. tho that's nothing new as both sides of the press have been vociferous and even libelous in opposition to the individual or party they cant find agreement with.. innumerous examples at various points in the nation's history resound.

do your own research and prove me wrong. you wont be able too.

c. character/flaws...defined as you will. etc etc. 

d. cultural and ethnic identifications and backgrounds..tho 'there' one must be objective and attempt to understand the contextual; and respect them as best as able...and NOT devolve into the bigotry of racism-sexism-anti theological-xenophobia-ultra nationalism...discrimination of any sort.

Those be just a few...but as I'm still tired. I'll close with this....don't ever assume that the individual or party might not be able to improve the social-economic-international-defense posture of the nation.

They might..and we collectively can not determine that in the first 90 days their in the power seat...for often times the 'rhetoric 'gives way to the 'reality' of national and international realpolitik.

And if you cant do that then your as gawdamn blind as when the opposition did it to your side.

Give credit when due and shout like hell when it 's not for that too is Americanism

Judge on their actions and results not on the political bullshit. Because in the end..that too is subjective. And the key... is to be as objective in subjectivity as one can be...now leave me the hell alone for a few days.

amen.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 10-Nov-2016 at 18:21

S. T. Friedman

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2016 at 00:51
C.V. you missed the momentum in which You live now!You blame Obama for heritage of Bushes!?!It was a suicidal mission that he accepted:Dept,unemployment world recession,war in middle east ...Were a Hilary and Trump best choices of USA in this moment?If they are best choice from 300 millions state i am speech less....But i am not surprised...Parliamentary system crises are all around the world.We missed one element in social systems development: change in production tools pulls change in social system!We need self adoptable systems that are capable to avoid violent changes and dominance of disorder=chaos=anarchy.We are organized=structured=constituted-civilized and above all sanctified----
we are not animals.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2016 at 09:19
There is a very old saying, that remains true, "The Job makes the man, not the other way round".
I can only hope this remains true.
The job can also break the man, Nixon and Carter are 2 good examples.

Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2016 at 02:22
We use old proverb: Wolf changes hair,it's caprice=character never!LOL

Edited by medenaywe - 12-Nov-2016 at 09:32
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2016 at 14:17
Let us honestly admit : We lost a bid.I have tought soccer is unpredictable game till now!What was ratio Trump : Hillary in USA before elections?

Edited by medenaywe - 13-Nov-2016 at 14:49
 Post Reply Post Reply