Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Korea, Japan in Arab records.. Please help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shaquille_oneal View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote shaquille_oneal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Korea, Japan in Arab records.. Please help?
    Posted: 21-Aug-2016 at 23:56

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">I'm a person who's into Middle Age Arabian Records which is talking about Ancient Korean and Ancient Japan. A famous Korean Historian who studied the relationship between Ancient Korea and Arabian (and Persian) World says Ibn Khordadbeh's book "</span><i style="line-height: 16.8px;">Book of Roads and Kingdoms<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">" mentions The Ancient Korean Kingdom "Silla" was full of gold. But i doubt it because other sources say "Waqwaq" was the country with full of gold and </span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">magnificence. (</span><i style="line-height: 1.4;">Waqwaq <span style="line-height: 1.4;">was the Ancient Japan's name called by Middle age Arab Travelers.)</span><span style="line-height: 16.8px;"> As far i know, </span><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">"</span><i style="line-height: 16.8px;">Book of Roads and Kingdoms<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">" mentions both Korea and Japan. I faced the limit of my searching skill, I do not know which country was the country with numerous compliments in the record. Informations from Korean sources say Silla is the country with full of gold and it's recorded by Ibn Khordadbeh, on the other hand, information from Japan and others say Ancient Japan is the country with full of gold. You can google about "Al-Shilla", "Ba-Shilla" (Both are Silla's name called by Middle Age Arab travelers.) and Waqwaq both. Goggling shows about Waqwaq far more numerous than Ba-Silla. Actually English googling shows almost none about Al-Shilla or Ba-Shilla except English Wikipedia about Silla Kingdom. This result might indicates that Waqwaq is actually the country with full with gold in the record but i doubt this too because in a recent century, Japan has received attention from Western people way more than Korea. If i could, i would have a copy of </span><i style="line-height: 16.8px;">Book of Roads and Kingdoms <span style="line-height: 16.8px;">and want to search, translate it </span>on my own <span style="line-height: 16.8px;">but i don't know about Arab language so here i am begging for help. Now, let me show you some translation sources by Korean, England Historians.</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;"></span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">England Historian says ;</span>
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;"><i style="color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px;">East of China are the lands of Waqwaq, which are so rich in gold that the inhabitants make the chains for their dogs and the collars for their monkeys of this metal. They manufacture tunics woven with gold. Excellent ebony wood is found there.<span style="color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px;"> And again: </span><i style="color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px;">Gold and ebony are exported from Waqwaq.
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;"><i style="color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px;"><div style="line-height: 16.8px;">Contradictory, Korean Historian says ; <div style="line-height: 16.8px;">There are many mountains and kingdoms across the far end of China, and that is the land of Silla. This country has a lot of gold, and once Muslims enter it, it's splendor makes them settle down. I do not know what is beyond this country.<div style="line-height: 16.8px;"><div style="line-height: 16.8px;"><div style="line-height: 16.8px;">This is a short reference from <i style="line-height: 16.8px;">Book of Roads and Kingdoms <span style="line-height: 16.8px;">by</span><i style="line-height: 16.8px;"> <i style="line-height: 16.8px;">Ibn Khordadbeh<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">Anyone can translate this, please translate it.<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">
[I

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 22-Aug-2016 at 19:31
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2016 at 19:32
Link was removed..as you don't have permission to place them as a new poster.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2016 at 19:35
As for the question... seek out a reputable foreign areas affairs expert viz the Consular Services Division of the USSD or the appropriate Embassies in question. There are numerous links available and you need to continue your own research not depend on others.

This is what serious students/laymen and professionals do.

period.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

shaquille_oneal View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote shaquille_oneal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2016 at 20:41
Thanks. 

My post has broken down anyways.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code Load New Code
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.