Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ld the legend of queen Amanirenas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ld the legend of queen Amanirenas
    Posted: 09-Nov-2015 at 06:47
Of courese , before the rise of Islam, the Arabian had challenged the Roman Empire, Queen Amanirenas and her soldiers crushed the mighty Roman army for several times, she even occupied part of Egypt, but her kingdom was just a oasis state, finally she was defeated and captured by the Romans,

But would her legend live on , through the saga and poems, the descendants would still remember her legend, would the Prophet and his followers receive encouragement from her legend, so they would recognize themselves as her successors, to rebuild the Arabian empire, to take a political revenge for her, so her legend would have a positive influence on the rise of the great Arabian empire. just like in the chinese history, the legend of the Taiping rebellion would haVE a positive influence on Dr SUN, Marshall Cheung, and Chairman mao, they also believed that they would continue the revolution of the Taiping KingdOm?
leung
tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2015 at 07:00
Sorry I made a mistake

I would like to discuss about Queen Māwiyya , she was an Arabian queen

but Queen Amanirenas was a Nubian Queen, but her legend might also influence Prophet and his followers?
leung
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2015 at 14:07
Show me the nexus. Her's is primarily with the Romans.

Prior to that? Meroë....again problematic. Her gods were primarily Egyptian....and not the pre Islamist.

Iow... I Need a connection between the former and a possible transition to the latter; and certainly before the end of the 4th ce.

And most definitively between her and an influence on Islam nearly 5 centuries later.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply