Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lan Xang

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kangmingjie View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kangmingjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lan Xang
    Posted: 16-Aug-2015 at 00:36
Perfect! Exactly what I needed. 

Does any know where I can find illustrations, pictures or videos of Lao warriors from the mid-16th to early 17th centuries?
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2015 at 22:55
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote kangmingjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2015 at 13:26
Originally posted by medenaywe

yes that's a civilisation,data=civilisational host=no data no civilisation.Have a nice time here kangmingjie!Smile

I understand that's a civilization, but I'm not sure why that needs to be confirmed. Smile
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2015 at 04:59
yes that's a civilisation,data=civilisational host=no data no civilisation.Have a nice time here kangmingjie!Smile

Edited by medenaywe - 15-Aug-2015 at 05:05
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote kangmingjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2015 at 02:17
Hi, I'm new, so please forgive me if I've broken any etiquette or protocol. 

For a research project, I've been trying to scrounge up as much information as possible about the Lao kingdom of Lan Xang during the mid 16th century, but information regarding the kingdom during this time is scarce, other than a Wikipedia article stating that it was occupied by Taungoo forces for a brief time. 

Does anyone know of any sources I can look up to find more information? Illustrations of military uniforms armor, weapons and architecture would be fantastic too!

Thanks,
Ming Jie

Post Reply Post Reply