Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the correct version of Saladins name?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
HulaguHan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HulaguHan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the correct version of Saladins name?
    Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 02:17

Divisions, regimens , Brigades, battelions

No it is not!!!!

Our army is composed of Alays (1000), Tugays (3 Alays for mountain commando groups), Tumens (10000), etc...

No ,there is no standardization in NATO.

For instance even our airforce is formed by decimal systems. 20 is one quadron and one squadron is formed by two wings (each ten . ).

But USAF squadrons are bigger, or Hellenic Airforce Squadrons are smaller than ours.

IDF/AF squadrons are again crowded.

Western Allied AF' s and other armies are different.

Our army is based on Tumens dude, get your facts straight.

ATTILA_KHAN View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ATTILA_KHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 11:49

Even though he is known as Kurdish, the truth is he is a Turk.

His brother names are Abubekr, Shahinshah, TuranShah, TugTekin, and Buri.

Especially TuranShah and TugTekin are Turkish names which are still popular in modern Turkish. For instance even a Swiss speaks Turkish they dont call his children in Turkish. It could be Christian or Islamic name (Arabic) but not Turkish. chemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />>>

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2005 at 17:20
TuranShah is a Persian name to call Turkic khans.
Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 00:01

Attila:

The truth is that he was a kurd.

Originally posted by ATTILA_KHAN

His brother names are Abubekr, Shahinshah, TuranShah, TugTekin, and Buri

Where did you got such meaningless informations? In histories names of two brothers have been recorded.
He had two brothers TurAnshAh and Seyfoddin Adel. First name is persian and second name is Arabic.

Tugh Takin is not name , Its a nickname.
Tugh-Tagin (G is pronounced as Good not as Genious) was a nickname that was used for Turkish slaves (Ghulams) like every other nicknames that ended with Tagin, AlpTagin , Nush-Tagin, Il-Tagin,..
Except TurAnshAh all the above names are fictious and have no relationship to SalAheddin , may be they are his soldiers names.

Originally posted by ATTILA_KHAN

]
Especially TuranShah and TugTekin are Turkish names which are still popular in modern Turkish

Realy!!!!!!!!! I have doubt you are living in turkey.

And one more thing:

There is no proof that Attila used title of Khan for himself. So even your name is wrong.
Of course this was a friendly reminding ,surely you are free to use every name for yourself!!!

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 00:03

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

TuranShah is a Persian name to call Turkic khans.

TurAnshAh has no relationship to Turkish khans. It was a factious title that had been used as name, like GilAnshAh, KermAnShah, IrAnshAh.,.These are just names.

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 00:04

Hulagu_han

Thank you for information about Turkish military system, BTW

Tuaman is the same as Division.
Tugay is the same as Brigade.
Alays is the same as battalion.

In your army just Turkish names have been used instead of western names.

What about company or battalion or corp?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 03:32

Tugh Takin is not name , Its a nickname.
Tugh-Tagin (G is pronounced as Good not as Genious) was a nickname that was used for Turkish slaves (Ghulams) like every other nicknames that ended with Tagin, AlpTagin , Nush-Tagin, Il-Tagin,..
Except TurAnshAh all the above names are fictious and have no relationship to SalAheddin , may be they are his soldiers names.

And Kul Tegin, the Gktrk kaghan was also a Ghulun right? Tegin is just a regular Turkish name, Turks used it like today we use the name "Ali", very genorously, it was one of the most popular second names. Turks usually had double names, so they used to define the title word "Tegin" with prenames such as "Alp", meaning brave. It had nothing to do with being Ghuluns.

And thank you for your attempt to teach our language to us, and how the "g" is spelled. You are very helpful...

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 15:39

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

And Kul Tegin, the Gktrk kaghan was also a Ghulun right?

In that time there was nothing as Ghulam.and that time has nothing to do with Islamic history.

Tegin is just a regular Turkish name, Turks used it like today we use the name "Ali", very genorously, it was one of the most popular second names. Turks usually had double names, so they used to define the title word "Tegin" with prenames such as "Alp", meaning brave. It had nothing to do with being Ghuluns

In 10 -12 century all of the Tagin names were used for Ghulams , you are not agree with that find the names in that specific period of time that were not used for Ghulams. Id be so thankfull if somebody teach me a new thing unlike some persons that consider it as insult.
And what is Ghuluns?!!?!!?!!every body knows Ghulam but what is Ghulun?

And thank you for your attempt to teach our language to us, and how the "g" is spelled

This is a general forum and there are some people in Earth that dont know your  valuable language, So for other ignorant  forumers like myself I clarified it. ( There are some people in earth namely 6 billion minus 120 million people that may dont know the true pronunciation of Tagin) 

You are very helpful...

No problem, your history is terrible (sorry hope you to improve it) , I hope your linguistics to be better.

And dont be angry , needles are not pleasant for balloons , but help them to improve their shield , this is called mutual cooperation so there is no need to be hostile to each other.

Edited by Hushyar
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2005 at 01:40
Originally posted by Hushyar

You are very helpful...

No problem, your history is terrible (sorry hope you to improve it) , I hope your linguistics to be better.

i dont know what exactly you mean, but if you meant Turks History then you are clearly wrong about calling it terrible.

every Culture had its shares with Bad and Good history. so Tuks History is in No way to be considered Terrible in General.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2005 at 07:03

In that time there was nothing as Ghulam.and that time has nothing to do with Islamic history.

Thanks for the info. Have you ever heard about sarcasm?

And no, Tegin names werent specific for ghulams, I dont get it as an insult, why would I? But for example they call Turks as "Ali"s at Germany, and they call Germans "Hans" in Turkey. Does it mean Turkish immigranst are specifically named Ali?

And dont be angry , needles are not pleasant for balloons , but help them to improve their shield , this is called mutual cooperation so there is no need to be hostile to each other.

Maybe. But the relationship of needles with blinds cannot be considered as mutualism at all. If a blind tries to use needles for knitting a warm jacket, maybe he can get adventage of it, but if he uses them in the wrong way, then the needles stings his back. So it is all about being careful in using them, because they are very sharp.

So I agree, there is no time to waste becoming hostile to each other...

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2005 at 11:33

Azimuth:

My english is not very good and I try to improve it thats why It may cause some misundrestandings.

I'd better said oguzoglu's knowledge of history is terrible , I hope this will solve your problem.

Hushyar View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Hushyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2005 at 11:35

Originally posted by oguzoglu

Have you ever heard about sarcasm?

Yes and many of your statements follow  this way ,because you always want to cover your weakness in history (I mean knowledge in History science) by using two sided statements and insulting others.
If you mean me, certainly I always spoke directly and never insult others (there is no need , because when i don't know I simply say it)

And no, Tegin names werent specific for ghulams, I dont get it as an insult, why would I? But for example they call Turks as "Ali"s at Germany, and they call Germans "Hans" in Turkey. Does it mean Turkish immigranst are specifically named Ali?

Well I may be wrong , but it must be proved, so please show me a few names that ended with tagin in the 10-12 century and they were not ghulams.(ofcourse you must say who they were and what time they lived ,so I could get some informations from them)

But the relationship of needles with blinds cannot be considered as mutualism at all. If a blind tries to use needles for knitting a warm jacket, maybe he can get adventage of it, but if he uses them in the wrong way, then the needles stings his back. So it is all about being careful in using them, because they are very sharp.

So some persons dont like needles .well
But needles are every where and in the hand of every one blind or not, the problem is that every body must have some defense against it, If his theory is based on scientific data and objective knowledge its like a metallic solid sphere that even a bullet can not penetrate it, but if it is like a colorful hollow balloon that filled with nationalistic and political view ,it must expect a BIG BANG.
History is science not a tool for promotion of  nationalistic ideas, and like every scientific field it must expect criticism ,may be these critics are wrong , but it must be proved. Condemning every critics shows weakness.
And needles are sharp and cruel,but they are useless against science.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2005 at 03:23
Originally posted by Hushyar

Azimuth:

My english is not very good and I try to improve it thats why It may cause some misundrestandings.

I'd better said oguzoglu's knowledge of history is terrible , I hope this will solve your problem.

oh ok

no your english is much better than mine i thought you were talking more general.

also that wasn't a problem  so wont need solving

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2013 at 11:02
SaLaH AD DiN=Salah ad Din=Military&Militant profile is arrowed&hit by human gift of pleased
&admirable Mother.
Military&Militant profile hits&arrows human gift of pleased Mother.
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2013 at 06:26
Originally posted by medenaywe

SaLaH AD DiN=Salah ad Din=Military&Militant profile is arrowed&hit by human gift of pleased
&admirable Mother.
Military&Militant profile hits&arrows human gift of pleased Mother.
i got you master of meaning Big smile salah ad din don't mean any thing about military LOL look at this

سلاح means weapen
صلاح means good or goodness the one who do good things Wink both words write in same way only just have different S ص and س    are both S so salah addin means the man who do good things o guess
yomud are free people
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2013 at 08:49
Thanks on feed back Yomud!Regards.Smile
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2013 at 11:09
Yomud/med, is the term for good one of be good or a propensity for goodness?
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2013 at 15:37
My name is also peaceful one but means Militant&Military riddle&query in best case joke!Smile
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 04:46
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Yomud/med, is the term for good one of be good or a propensity for goodness?
im sry i just don't get it[bad english] Embarrassed are talking about my name or saladin ? Big smile
yomud are free people
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2013 at 20:29
Dear everyone! I have proposed, somewhere, sometime, the the name "KURD" is taken from their most famous foods, which is probably "Kurds?" Anyone else agree?

Regards, Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>