Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Could Musa of Parthia be Mary (mother of Jesus)?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Could Musa of Parthia be Mary (mother of Jesus)?
    Posted: 06-May-2014 at 04:57
You can read about Musa here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_of_Parthia

Originally posted by Wikipedia

Musa was Queen of the Parthian Empire from ca. 2 BC to 4 AD. She is called as Thermusa by Josephus and is also known as Thea Urania (Astarte). She was a concubine given by the Roman Emperor Augustus (27 BC – 14) to King Phraates IV of Parthia (37–2 BC). Around the same time, Augustus recovered the eagle standards (Aquilae) lost by Marcus Licinius Crassus in the Battle of Carrhae in 53 BC.

Phraates IV made her his favored wife; her son Phraates V (2 BC – 4), commonly called Phraataces (a diminutive form), he appointed successor. She persuaded Phraates IV to send his other sons to Rome as hostages. With all rivals out of the way, she and Phraataces poisoned the king and assumed the throne in 2 BC. They appear together on their coins, and were apparently co-rulers.

Josephus alleges that Musa then married Phraates V, and, this being unacceptable to the Parthians, they rose up and overthrew them, offering the crown to Orodes III (who ruled briefly in 6).

First about the name, there was no "z" sound in the Old Persian language, so in the loanwords this sound was usually changed to another sound.

We can compare the name of Musa to the name of Egypt:

Hebrew Mitzrayim, Phoenician Msrym, Egyptian Aramaic Msryn, Syriac Mesrem, Akkadian Musur/Musru/Misri, Arabic Misr and Old Persian Mudraya.

Therefore it seems to be possible that the name of Musa was changed to Madrya and then Maryam/Maria.

The story could be that Musa/Maria married her son Phraates V (Phraataces) and one year later Jesus was born, it was certainly unacceptable to the Parthians, so Phraates V was killed and Musa and her son fled to the Roman territory with the help of three Magis.

Bust of Musa/Maria

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 06-May-2014 at 05:00
Billy1956 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Billy1956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2015 at 18:02
Musa translated into Arabic is موسى and the Arabic موسى translated into English is Moses.

https://translate.google.com/

Edited by Billy1956 - 12-Jul-2015 at 18:18
Billy1956 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Billy1956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2015 at 18:07
Musa of Parthia translated into Arabic then the Arabic translated into english is Moses so Musa of Parthia is Moses of Parthia.

Edited by Billy1956 - 12-Jul-2015 at 18:17
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2015 at 04:57
Your user name is in violation of the Coc reference spam bots

See: ''Amended: ''to include single word-names and numbers or letters. Or a variation of the same.''

eg. Mary123.

As most of these combinations are also well known search engine bots; origination from known hazardous IP locations..or also well known for spambots-trolling and id theft.

These include IP's being used by violators of the Coc ref above...from the PRC and or UK..and elsewhere.''

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6512&PID=709860#709860

Your Ip/account has been locked. Subject to Admin approval it will be opened.

If you repost..using another IP... prior to this action...you will be banned. Tha Admin has the authority to change your user name as appropriate.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 13-Jul-2015 at 04:57
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2015 at 09:34
The Admin has made an exception and has approved the use of your user name.

Your IP has been unblocked and your post privileges restored.

Welcome to AE.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Billy1956 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Billy1956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2015 at 12:54
Here is a list of some of my relitives this was sent to my family by a cousin at the church of nativity in Bethlaham. I thought this might be of interest to people looking into my distant relative Musa of Parthia. And I also think Musa of Parthia was Mary (mother of Jesus).

69 - KING OF ENGLAND - JOHN PLANTAGENET (Isabelle - Countess of
Angouleme)
68 - Aimery - Count of Valence-Angouleme (Alice - Countess of De
Courtenay)
67 - Elizabeth - Countess De Courtenay (Peter- Prince of France- used De Courtenay name) 66 - KING OF FRANCE - Louis the Fat 
65 - KING OF FRANCE - Philippe I
64 - KING OF FRANCE - Henri I (Anna - Princess of Russia)
63 - KING OF RUSSIA - Yaroslav the Wise (Ingegerd - Princess of Sweden) 62 - KING OF RUSSIA - Saint Vladimir (Anna - Princess of Byzantium) 61 - ROMANUS II - EMPEROR OF BYZANTIUM 60 - CONSTANTINE VII - EMPEROR OF BYZANTIUM 
59 - LEO VI - EMPEROR OF BYZANTIUM 
58 - BASIL I - EMPEROR OF BYZANTIUM
57 - CONSTANTINE - PRINCE OF BYZANTIUM 
56 - MAIACTES- PRINCE OF ANATOLIA (married daughter of LEO V - Emperor of Byzantium) 
55 - ARTAVAZD-STRATEGUS OF ANATOLIA - FOR THE EMPEROR OF BYZANTIUM (direct descent) 54 - DAVID II - PRINCE OF MAMOKONIDS 53 - HRAHAT - PRINCE OF MAMOK0NIDS 52 - HAMAZASP II - PRINCE OF MAMOKONIDS 51 - DAVID I - PRINCE OF MAMOKONONIDS 50 - MUSHEL - PRINCE OF MAMOKNIDS 49 - HMAYEAK II - PRINCE OF MAMOKONIDS 48 - HMAYEAK I - PRINCE OF MAMOKONIDS 47 - HAMAZAPIAN - PRINCE OF MAMOKONIDS 46 - HAMAZASP I - PRINCE OF MAMKONIDS (Sahakanoysh- Princess of Armenia) 45 - ST. ISAAC "PRIMATE" OF ARMENIA 44 - ST. NARSES - "PRIMATE" OF ARMENIA (Sanduhkt, Princess, Maokonids, rulers of Armenia) 43 - ATHENOGENES- PRINCE OF ARMENIA (Parthia now Armenia) (Bambishen, Princess of Armenia) 42 - CHOSROES III - KING OF ARMENIA 
41 - TIRAN TIRIDATES - KING OF ARMENIA
40 - CHOSROES III - PARTHIAN KING OF ARMENIA
39 - VOLOGAESES V - KING OF PARTHIA 
38 - VOLOGAESES IV - KING OF PARTHIA (daughter of Pharasmenes- Royal Princess of Iberia) 37 - PHARASMENES III - KING OF IBERIA 36 - RADAMISTUS - KING OF IBERIA 35 - PHARASMENES I - KING OF IBERIA (Ghadana - Princess of Iberia) 34 - VOLOGAESES III - PARTHIAN KING OF ARMENIA 
33 - SANATURCES - PARTHIAN KING OF DOMINION OF ARMENIA
32 - MEHERDOTES - KING OF PARTHIA 
31 - VOLOGAESES II - KING OF PARTHIA
30 - VOLOGAESES I - KING OF PARTHIA
29 - TIRIDATES III - KING OF PARTHIA 
28 - VONONES I - KING OF PARTHIA
27 - PHRAOTES IV - KING OF PARTHIA "Phraates IV + Musa_of_Parthia Musa = Moses?"
26 - ORODES II - KING OF PARTHIA (Laodice - Princess of Commagene)
25 - ANTIOCHUS I - KING OF COMMAGENE 
24 - MITHRADATES I - KING OF COMMAGENE (Laodice Thea - Princess of Seleucia)
23 - *** CLEOPATRA V *** PRINCESS OF EGYPT (Antiochus VIII, King of Seleucia)
22 - *** CLEOPATRA III *** PRINCESS OF EGYPT (Demetrius II - King of Seleucia)
21 - *** CLEOPATRA II *** PRINCESS OF EGYPT (PTOLEMY IV - KING OF EGYPT)
20 - *** CLEOPATRA I *** PRINCESS OF SELEUCIA (Ptolemy V - Macedonian King of Egypt)
19 - ANTIOCHUS III - KING OF SELEUCIA (Laodice IV - Princess of Pontus)
18 - MITHRADATES III - KING OF PONTUS (Laodice III _ Princess of Seleucia)
17 - ANTIOCHUS III - KING OF SELEUCIA (Berenice I - Macedonian Princess of Ptolemaic Egypt)
16 - ANTIOCHUS I - KING OF SELEUCIA
15 - SELEUCUS I - MACEDONIAN KING OF OF SELEUCIA (Apama III, Princess of Bactria)
14 - APAMA II - PRINCESS OF PERSIA (SPITIMANES - PRINCE OF BACTRIA)
13 - APAMA I - PRINCESS OF PERSIA (PHARNABASUS II - PERSIAN GOVERNOR)
12 - ARTAXERXES II - KING OF PERSIA 
11 - DARIUS II - KING OF PERSIA 
10 - ARTAXERXES I - KING OF PERSIA 
9 -  XERXES I - KING OF PERSIA
8 -  DARIUS I (THE GREAT) KING OF PERSIA (IN THE BIBLE, BOOK OF DANIEL, OLD TESTAMENT)
7 -  HYTAPSES = PRINCE OF ANZAN (RHODOGUNE - PRINCESS OF ANZAN)
6 -  CAMBYSES - KING OF ANZAN (SON OF CYRUS THE GREAT) - ALSO, BIBLE, OLD TESTAMENT.\
OTHER LINEAGE FROM CAMBYSES - KING OF ANZAN RELATES TO BELSHAZZAR THE LAST KING OF BABYLONIA AND NEBUCHADNEZZAR II - KING OF BABYLONIA AND TRACES BACK TO HAIYIK I - HURRIAN LORD IN THE PLAIN OF SENAAR --- CIRCA      1050 - 1000 B.C. 
5 - ASYAGES - KING OF MEDIA (ARYENIS - PRINCESS OF LYDIA )
4 - ALYATTES - KING OF LYDIA
3 - SADYATTES - KING OF LYDIA
2 - ARDYS - KING OF LYDIA
1 - MERMNADA - QUEEN OF LYDIA (GYGES - GENERAL OF ARMY OF LYDIA)  714 B.C. - 645 B.C. 

Edited by Billy1956 - 13-Jul-2015 at 12:59
ives View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2015 at 13:41
Could the Avestan place-name Mouru ancient Marv or Mary be the root of the name Mary as in the Mother of Jesus Christ and Avestan Ashavat-Ereta (note Plato's myth of Er who died and rose again on the 12 day a corruption of the same myth involving Zarathushtra Gk. Zoroaster) be the root of the name Jesus Christ? Being that the anomaly Marsupial "mammal bearing animal" is an Avestan loan to Greek and the Avestan term Marz "boarder" is also akin to the Avestan Mouru?
ChildrenOfMala'Kak View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ChildrenOfMala'Kak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2016 at 17:42
I doubt it. Jesus or Yeshua is most likely of African etnicity 
 Post Reply Post Reply