Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Teddy Kennedy and I.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teddy Kennedy and I.
    Posted: 02-Jul-2013 at 11:59
Once a frequent visitor to New England, I haven't been there now for about five years. However, that hasn't stopped the Nantucket Tourist people from keeping me on their mailing list.

I received a bunch of brochures from them this morning . One in particular caught my eye, if only for its
garish heading of " Well, slam my clam and call me spunky ".   It's hardly up there with " Paris City of Light " , or " See Rome and Die ! ", but it does have a certain catchiness to it.......if you like that sort of thing.

Speaking of Nantucket, I am reminded of the last time I was there. On a very hot day I was sat at a bar on the harbour whilst waiting for a ferry. A pal and I had gone there since we had rented a old WW2 Stearman bi-plane for the day. Jack had gone off somewhere whilst I got the beers in.   The bar service being bloody slow I had ordered six pints of very cold Sam Adams - three each, in order to keep waiting time to a minimum.  The ferry booking office was across the road and I heard raised voices from within.

An elderly chap came storming out smacking his clenched fist into the palm of his other hand. Crossing the road he then stood only a few feet from where I sat. I could almost hear the grinding of his teeth. After a few moments he seemed to calm down and remember where he was. He turned and my tray of six ice cold glasses of beer caught his eye. Looking at me he said " Now that's what I call a fine tray of cocktails ! ".   Without a word I slid one across the table towards him. He downed it in seconds. I slid another one towards him. He damn nearly picked that one up too, but evidently decided not to. Smiling and slapping me on the shoulder, he turned and strode back to the booking office. It was Teddy Kennedy !
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2013 at 18:19
A moment to remember...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2013 at 18:54
Of the three. He was the biggest fraud.

But he served in uniform once..so I give him one up on 'slick willy'.

Back in 88 or 89. We got a mission to go support a ROTC/NG event (NCO academy graduation at a school there, Commissioning ceremony etc.) at Camp JT Robinson, N. Little Rock; with a bird.

We went and there saw the 'slick meister' and the 'she bitch of cicero' standing on the reviewing stand. Protocol requires at least feigned attentiveness.

Not those two...yucking it up, with their sycophantic staff and supporters; as the kids passed in review.

Didn't even bother to look.

The AG of Arkie land had to take the salute which should have been Clinton's job as GUV and state CIC.

What a pompous ass. When elected I knew what was coming.

Black hawk down.

And if we aint careful....the she bitch rides in...in 16.

Amen.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2013 at 01:06
Amigo, being an avowed Republican ( or I would be if I was an American.........an honour I regrettably had to turn down many years ago when I was offered nationality.............pay taxes in two countries ? risk getting drafted in the US military ? being the first one in line for a neck shot when Black September hijacked my plane and did a passport check ?.........Nah, I'll pass, thanks all the same ! ). Anyway, as I was saying, I ain't no Democrat, but Hillary sure has done this boy some good !

Years ago when everyone from the Department of Defense to the Smithsonian Museum were slamming doors in my face ( I needed access to sensitive material for a book I was writing ) and I was getting the bums rush from a trillion publishers, I had morning coffee with Hillary and Elenor Guggenheim at Elenors 
Penthouse in Manhattan.

Despite my small daughter getting chocolate ice cream all over Hillarys beautiful
cream  silk Givenchy trouser suit, Hillary listened carefully to my problems whilst an assistant took notes. She asked me at what hotel I was staying ( it was the " Henry James " in the Village ) and said she'd get back to me.
At this point Elenor cut in to say " My Dear, you surely can't be staying in Greenwich Village ? Not with your beautiful wife and daughter !   Nobody takes a hotel south of 42nd. street !  I'll ring the Waldorf Astoria and get you a suite ! "......she did !

When we got back to our hotel, there was a message from a Mr. A.J. Schultz of Schliffer Publishers asking me to ring him back, and a fax on the Presidents notepaper stating that ( and I paraphrase ) :-

" To whom it may concern.  The gentleman shown below is, upon production of his current British passport, to be given access to any and all material normally available to a Class B 2 officer of the State Department. Any queries to be referred to Ms. R.T. Stuyvesant aide to Ms. H.R. Clinton ".

Did that open doors, or what !
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2013 at 13:58
Ya caught the 'she bitch' in a patronizing moment. What she was doing... was her monthly required exhibition of dealing with little people (no offense intended mind ya) for propo purposes. Did it as a Guv's wife and as 'First bitch'.

And while they all do it.. she, in particular, demonstrated, and still does, an aloofness and feigned air of superiority, general haughtiness and façade of concern that would shame good Queen Bess.

After ya left she informed her aids never to bother her with trivial bullshit again...and then went to wash her hands.

My ex was a nurse in LR....after thank god I was released from purgatory (another story). Ntl, she loved intimating her details of the 'slick couple's behavior at bars and resturants when they were holding court there.

Never ferget Vince Foster or Rose Law or brother Roger's pardon for drug trafficking.

I don't.

The she bitch remains what she has always been.

Bet.

Amen.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2013 at 17:57
Once a scheming politician, always a scheming politician ; we can be in no doubt about that. And in my case I was writing a book about an American military unit drafted almost exclusively from New Yorkers, both State and City, although very quickly relocated to Bradford, Penn., for reasons I have yet to ascertain. 

At the time of writing my book about New Yorkers, Hillary was either campaigning for the Governorship of NYS, or had just been elected ( I can't recall exactly which of the two ) and prior to our meeting I had spent months schlepping through the wilds of upper New York State researching material.

This is no doubt what gave Hillary the hots to meet me, although there can be little doubt as to the fact that my being a strikingly handsome, extremely sophisticated and remarkably urbane Englishman cannot have been a hindrance, as was clearly evidenced by the passionate attachment her aide, Ms. 
Stuyvesant formed for me !  Speaking of which, whilst having a plumptious White House aide bouncing up and down on one in the back of a U.S. government limo pulled up at the side of Pennsylvania Avenue whilst the driver is sent off to have a fag or ten may not be exactly the height of my ambitions thus far, it'll do quite nicely until that particular special day comes along ! 

Still, c'est la vie, only can only play with the hand one is dealt with ! Is that not so ?
 Post Reply Post Reply