Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zionism: racist ideology

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zionism: racist ideology
    Posted: 25-Nov-2012 at 12:02
Originally posted by red clay

Nick, I'm surprised.  Your knowledge of the history of the area should tell you  that the only thing that would bring peace is the destruction of Israel.  I don't believe that Hamas or Hezbollah give a monkey's nose about the Palestinians.  They use them as an excuse as it gives them some credibility, and an excuse for being there.  They are still Islamic fundy extremists, and as such the destruction of Israel is their only goal.
The Israelis have enemies because they are Jews, simple as that. A thousand years of history doesn't change because there is a Jewish state.   Any idea that a Palestinian State would change anything is naive at best.

So your logic is because some Palestinians support out of desperation some pretty repugnant organisation, it follows that you should say screw all Palestinians and their cause whether valid or not. I might as well say Fox News are arseholes so everything Obama does it wrong because he's an American too.
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2012 at 12:13
Real racists are those Arabs who claim the ancient land of Jews, I hope people can understand that that those are Arabs who talk about their blood and race but they are Jews who talk about their culture, it doesn't matter they are black or white, those who have preserved the Jewish culture are Jew.

Some days ago I wanted to rent a house and found a good one in an Armenian quarter in the east of Tehran but they said they rent this house to just Armenians, is it racist? Of course not, they just want to preserve their ancient Armenian culture in a very small part of this world, they have already their own schools, churches, cultural places and etc, we can say these Armenians who have gathered here and bought our houses, lived all around Iran in the last century, so what should we do? Should we scatter them to their previous places?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2012 at 12:53
Originally posted by Toltec

Nick, I'm surprised.  Your knowledge of the history of the area should tell you  that the only thing that would bring peace is the destruction of Israel.  I don't believe that Hamas or Hezbollah give a monkey's nose about the Palestinians.  They use them as an excuse as it gives them some credibility, and an excuse for being there.  They are still Islamic fundy extremists, and as such the destruction of Israel is their only goal.
The Israelis have enemies because they are Jews, simple as that. A thousand years of history doesn't change because there is a Jewish state.   Any idea that a Palestinian State would change anything is naive at best.

So your logic is because some Palestinians support out of desperation some pretty repugnant organisation, it follows that you should say screw all Palestinians and their cause whether valid or not. I might as well say Fox News are arseholes so everything Obama does it wrong because he's an American too.

Where did I imply any of that?  Your reply seems to indicate that I hit too close to the truth.
And as for Fox News and Obama, I seem to recall your saying that on several occasions.

I'm not against the Palestinians having their own State, what I'm saying is it won't do anything to calm the animosity toward Israel.  It could actually make things worse.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
BoPoMoFo View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote BoPoMoFo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2012 at 02:22
Originally posted by balochii

True, but which religion isn't racist and believes in superiority to others? 

Buddhism doesn't say it's superior to others.  And while Christianity teaches its doctrines to be superior, it doesn't teach its followers to be inherently better than other people.
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2012 at 04:41

Where did I imply any of that?  Your reply seems to indicate that I hit too close to the truth.
And as for Fox News and Obama, I seem to recall your saying that on several occasions.

I'm not against the Palestinians having their own State, what I'm saying is it won't do anything to calm the animosity toward Israel.  It could actually make things worse.

This isn't really about the Palestinians getting their own state or not, they have one internationally recognised, it's a done deal. It's about Israel not reneging on the deal, which by doing so they are breaking international law and the UN and most countries in the world regard it as a criminal act. I don't see the the position that Israel should obey international law and respect borders it agreed upon and signed a treaty to the respect of a few years ago in anyway an unreasonable demand to make. 

As for your comment, will it end hatred between the Palestinians and Isrealis? First, who knows, not having a state certainly won't, having one may in the long term or may not. However whether it does or not is not relevant to whether one should exist or not. 

Secondly the idea Israelis and Palestinians hate one another is a misrepresentation portrayed by the camp of the media supporting Israeli violations of international law to cloud the issue. Around 1/3 of Israeli's support the Palestinian cause, vote for political parties that support it, organise demonstrations and human rights groups to help the Palestinians and under the current Israeli government have come under attack themselves and had their liberties repressed. Do these people get one third of the media coverage in the US? Similarly Jews outside the US are largely sympathetic to the Palestinians, such as pointed out above, the next prime minister of Britain will be one such. 

Now there will always be fanatical groups, Hamas and the current Israeli government but the actions of a these few are not reasons to tarnish a whole people, most Israeli's and Palestinians simply want to get on with life. 

Edited by Toltec - 26-Nov-2012 at 04:43

History Planet Website
<br /
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2012 at 09:17

Originally posted by Nick1986

Originally posted by Rocky

I agree with you that the Zionists carried out terror attacks during the time that the British were in charge of Palestine. I would also admit that the original seizure of Palestinian land would probably be called ethnic cleansing today. Nothing about today's situation reminds me of Nazi Germany. The Israelis are in a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation now. They are surrounded by enemies, and they are under attack from within. As an American, I somehow matured into a very pro-Israel position, I am not sure exactly why. I do support the Israelis, I think they are in between a rock and a hard place.

Just because ethnic cleansing hasn't yet happened on a large scale doesn't mean it's not serious: settlers often murder Palestinians without provocation and seize land they have no right to own. Palestinians are assaulted in the street, homes are demolished, and families are walled up in a concrete ghetto. The Israelis only have enemies because they oppress the Palestinians and respond disproportionately to provocations by an angry and desperate people (like the blacks in Apartheid-era South Africa). The missile defence might provide a short-term solution, but there will only be peace when the Palestinians are given land of their own. Even an independent Palestinian state in Gaza is better than nothing

Sorry Red, but i disagree. The Israelis are no longer defending themselves from Arab invasion, but attacking the few remaining refugees. Their response to the Islamists is grossly disproportionate and will do nothing but alienate the rest of the world. A Palestinian state would remove much of the legitimacy Islamists like Hamas, Hezbollah and Al Qaeda currently enjoy and improve relations between the Zionists and moderate Arab governments (most of whom now accept Israel's existence)
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2012 at 11:59

This is one of the most brazen anti-semite positions I've ever seen posted on a forum by a moderator. 

Why is the UK so full of such anti-semite nonsense? is it guilt over their colonial past? Are racist threads such as this encouraged on this forum? Shameful.

Edited by unclefred - 26-Nov-2012 at 12:02
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2012 at 12:20
You're wrong Unclefred. The Arabs and Palestinians are also Semites (descendents of Ismail and Isaac respectively) who have endured years of discrimination at the hands of the Israelis who cry "antisemitism" whenever anyone dares to criticise them. There's nothing racist or antisemitic about it: Israel is in the wrong here, and while i'm willing to accept their right to have a state, we can's sit by and tolerate their illegal occupation of land the UN set aside for Palestinians. I don't advocate violence from anyone, but the fact is the Muslim world is angry because Israel walks all over the Palestinians with impunity
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2012 at 12:23
I suppose there is a reason why the banned members from other forums are collecting here. 
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2012 at 12:35
Unclefred, if this thread does descend into racism, antisemitism, Islamism, Holocaust denial, Islamophobia, or any other type of hate speech, rest assured that i will lock it personally and recommend the other moderators punish the troublemakers involved (whether they are pro-Israel or pro-Palestine). Antisemitism is more complex than calling for the death of the Jews: it could also be interpreted as demanding the killing of Arabs. None of us here advocate violence or oppose Israel's existence, but in my view there are legitimate grounds to criticise Israel's conduct towards the Palestinians who are, after all, kin to both Jews and other Arabs

Edited by Nick1986 - 26-Nov-2012 at 12:44
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2012 at 15:25
I really don't know why some people are banned just because expressing their opinion! I believe among these different terrorist groups and savage Islamists in the Middle East, Zionism is like a savior, but there are some people, like Nick, who have different opinion. Of course sometimes it is very difficult to change the false beliefs of some people, like about those brainwashed Islamists who kill themselves to kill some other people, but we should try to do it, banning is not the solution.

I think in Europe, some people consider themselves as hero when they talk about these banned topics!
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2012 at 17:29
Originally posted by unclefred

This is one of the most brazen anti-semite positions I've ever seen posted on a forum by a moderator. 

Why is the UK so full of such anti-semite nonsense? is it guilt over their colonial past? Are racist threads such as this encouraged on this forum? Shameful.

Perhaps you'de like to elaborate where the post was anti-semitic, I saw it as politically biased, advocating one side vs another, sure. But I saw no anti-semitism in an objective way. 

However I don't think you are using the term in an objective way, you are using it in the right wing extremist US media way of anything that disagrees with my extremist position I must blacken with irrational insults because I don't have the brains to defend it intelligently. 

As for Cyrus's post, the irony is not lost on me that it takes and Iranian to teach a far right wing American what freedom of speech is.

Edited by Toltec - 26-Nov-2012 at 19:35

History Planet Website
<br /
Challenger2 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Quote Challenger2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2012 at 08:14
Originally posted by Toltec

...As for Cyrus's post, the irony is not lost on me that it takes and Iranian to teach a far right wing American what freedom of speech is.

Bravo! ClapClapClapClapBig smile
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2012 at 09:27

I suppose there is a reason why the banned members from other forums are collecting here. 

Perhaps it's because we allow more freedom of expression here than other forums.

I responded to Nick's post in much the same attitude as it was written.  An opposing view, not nes. a popular one, but valid.   If I had perceived racism I would have stepped on it then.

And it's not surprising that an American far right winger needs an update on freedom of speech.  It's okay as long as it agrees with their deluded ideologies, but otherwise..........

Anyone who has been here over a period of time knows my stand on Racism, and anyone with half a brain who had read the entire thread would have known it wasn't racist.  Unless they just wanted to stir up trouble where there wasn't any.
Historum must be quiet right now or something.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2012 at 11:19

Fred, I should have said this before, if you can't handle straight forward valid views and opinions, maybe Fox News has a forum.  You might be more comfortable there.  You don't seem to contribute much, except for criticism of our forum.  Why do you bother?

Unknown.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2012 at 16:30
Originally posted by Nick1986

Uncle Fred, if this thread does descend into racism, antisemitism, Islamism, Holocaust denial, Islamophobia, or any other type of hate speech, rest assured that i will lock it personally and recommend the other moderators punish the troublemakers involved (whether they are pro-Israel or pro-Palestine). Antisemitism is more complex than calling for the death of the Jews: it could also be interpreted as demanding the killing of Arabs. None of us here advocate violence or oppose Israel's existence, but in my view there are legitimate grounds to criticise Israel's conduct towards the Palestinians who are, after all, kin to both Jews and other Arabs

Yup. Concur.

Unkie...you and I have been pard's a long time. And there was no anti-semitism here as defined by the Coc or based on the interp of the staff.

Ole Nick-san was expressing his views and opinions.

I don't agree with most of them reference this Palestinian question.

Fact tis.... I think almost diametrically opposite.

And especially towards that which I view as might being an Islamist terrorist, apologist, position. Which..... whether I like it or not they are still goddamn entitled too. And no.. I'm not suggesting Nick is such....tho truth is I should not have to state that.

Because if I believed it... I already would have told 'em that. Bet.

But there his and we both know he's entitled. Just as your entitled and expected to disagree.
And that's what's expected here. Commentary and opinion, dialogue, agreement and dis-agreement, within the Coc. 

iow. No fouls here.

I have fought against anti-semitism, anti-catholicism, anti-religionists-spiritualists, bigotry and racism, etc.. a very long time on innumerable venues. What separates the good venues from the bad ones is, as you know, the ability of expression up to a rules violation. Not that based on subjective determination necessarily by an already biased or predisposed member of the staff.

And Nick's right... if he See's it or any one else, especially me, I'll put the frickers off this site so fast, their heads spin. So will any other on this staff.

As for why the come here Unkie? Hell you already know.LOL

It's because they have seen what a non-objective, cliquist staff, in support of a admin-owner's political and or any other agenda, happens..if they differ from the owner/staff party line. That's not happening here.

Come to the Apache NF for the weekend.... we will look for et's and drink up my latest batch...eh.Big smile

Hq's in the Field
Vic: Black Jack Camp Ground
apache NF, AZ.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 27-Nov-2012 at 16:34
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Rocky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2012 at 19:01

Perhaps it's because we allow more freedom of expression here than other forums.

I responded to Nick's post in much the same attitude as it was written.  An opposing view, not nes. a popular one, but valid.   If I had perceived racism I would have stepped on it then.

And it's not surprising that an American far right winger needs an update on freedom of speech.  It's okay as long as it agrees with their deluded ideologies, but otherwise..........

Anyone who has been here over a period of time knows my stand on Racism, and anyone with half a brain who had read the entire thread would have known it wasn't racist.  Unless they just wanted to stir up trouble where there wasn't any.
Historum must be quiet right now or something.

As an American conservative, a Libertarian in fact, I grow weary of the far right label. I am liberal on certain issues, in a classical sense, but I am economically conservative, and I strongly support Israel. Calling conservatives "extremists" and "racists" are other effective tools used by the main stream media in the US. Maybe that is why I feel a bond with Israel, as I have seen our media turn on them in recent years.

I saw a funny cartoon on American Thinker a couple of days ago, a fake newspaper from 1943. Well, it would be funny I guess if the subject matter were not so dark. I will try to post it, but this is my first picture post to AE, so I am not sure it will work.

Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2012 at 20:11
Don't matter to me so much what anyone's political bent might be. I've crucified em all from the far right to the far left on occasion. Conservative to moderate to liberal. Republicans-Democrats-Socialists-Communists-Fascists. If I have seen ''stupid is as stupid does'', then political sub persuasion be damned..I love smacking em. And I particularly find the liberal, leftist, social justice minded, in American politics; delusional and or deluded. And enjoy intellectually bashing the shitt right out of em. 
I detest their ideas and attacks on faith based traditions and their support and propagation of abortion and attacks on traditional marriage. That's me. Other's are entitled to a difference.
What I am or believe in is no one else's business. But. You wanna label me? Then I am somewhere left of the far right and right of the far left on innumerable issues. Depends on the issue. Now figure that out eh....LOLLOL. Hell I don't even know 1/2 the time. And no that aint a damn moderate. Moderates are just pansy ass weaklings generally to cowardly to take a stand on what they really believe. But not state...to be PC.LOLLOLLOL

But what I do or don't is immaterial to the topic at hand.

And that's zionism. Is zionism a form of racism or not. If not a political expressionism. Then does that then get it off the hook for still at some point having had members or still does that avow racism? And can that be defined as racism in the current contextual definition. Can you equate the same with ethnic cleansing? etc. etc. The questions and pontifications are myriad.

I say no. Not always. Sometimes it's clearer then others.

Others disagree.

Fine.

But in the end...it's the language and the rhetoric of defense and or commendation used....that not only still inflames the issue in Palestine but here and elsewhere....in blog land. Long ago and now.

Btw.

Bottom line, labelling is a form of expressionism. Get used to it. It's rightness or wrongness can be debated on another thread. It's existence and use is universal. Period. Governments do it so why would I expect it's citizens not to...eh.Wink If you or I or anyone is smart enough to do it in a fashion that is not a violation that hopefully lends an air of conviction without disrespect or rudeness....then as we used to say when I rode under the glorious red and white:

''drive on boys....cuz we just started the goddamn mission."

If anyone here doesn't like it...then report it. A determination will then be made as to whether a coc violation has occurred or whether it's merely an example of speech in the common usage parlance of today.

But in this case the thread is zionism. And your use of the old  NYT post btw....was excellent in showing the 'then' differences compared today; let alone that the ongoing diverging opinions still exist.

Disproportionate? My ass .LOL

Now as it's going to get a little brisk out here in the Apache before 0200. I got to get some wood on the fire. That and tiswin and the Good Lord above will see me into the AM.

Hq's in the Field
Vic: Black Jack Camp Ground
Apache NF, AZ.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Rocky View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2012 at 20:24
The fake newspaper is a good parody of the NYT editors today. I swear the Times is portraying Israel today as the devil, and nobody really stands up to them. I strongly agree with you on the point of not being a moderate. I am all over the place in terms of right wing, left wing crap. But I believe what I believe, and I don't pussy foot around the issue if I care about it.
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2012 at 06:10
That New York times article isn't such a parody. The Conservative Party's staunchest supporting newspaper the Daily Mail did indeed support Hitler, Moseley and campaigned for the fascists. So a conservative newspaper did those above headlines for real.

History Planet Website
<br /
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>