Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ancestors of ancient baloch people..?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Alyazia View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alyazia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ancestors of ancient baloch people..?
    Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 01:59

Who were the ancestors of baloch people during ancient. I read that they were the medes, but i also read at the same time that the medes are the ancestors of kurds..

I'm confused Confused someone help me in this please Smile
(:
Alyazia View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Alyazia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 02:00
Who were the ancestors of baloch people during ancient times**
forgot to write times** :$
(:
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 13:05
Apparently the Medes, Kurds, Turks, Huns and Tatars share common ancestors: the mongoloid Scythians of central Asia, some of whom went west and intermarried with the ancestors of the Celts, and others who remained in the East and produced the Huns and Tatars
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 15:17
The ancestors of Baloch people were ancient Baluchis, the ancestors of Kurdish people were ancient Kurds, and Medes are an extinct people, there is no reason to consider an ancient people as the ancestors of another people because we don't have much recorded history about the ancestors of the second people.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 19:14
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

The ancestors of Baloch people were ancient Baluchis, the ancestors of Kurdish people were ancient Kurds, and Medes are an extinct people, there is no reason to consider an ancient people as the ancestors of another people because we don't have much recorded history about the ancestors of the second people.

But who were the ancestors of the ancient Balochis, Kurds and Medes?
- View Drop Down
  Quote - Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 20:02
i always thought that balochis and kurds both were descended from the medes :P
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 20:09
Originally posted by -

i always thought that balochis and kurds both were descended from the medes :P

My friend, you should register with us as we have many topics we'd like to hear your opinion on:
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31381
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28973
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31931
Alyazia View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Alyazia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 20:13

it was me i forgot to login before replying :D

(:
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2012 at 00:23
Originally posted by Nick1986

Were Romans the the ancestors of the ancient Greeks? These people have different ethnicity and culture.
TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2012 at 15:11

Were Romans the the ancestors of the ancient Greeks? These people have different ethnicity and culture.

No. The Romans and the Greeks were distinct ethnic groups until the conquest of Greece by Rome. Roman identity and language was lost during the Byzantine era. Greek identity and language survived till now.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2012 at 19:10

No. It's thought the Romans were descended from Trojan refugees led by Aenas
Alyazia View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Alyazia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2012 at 21:20
The medes are the ancestors of kurds and balochs i was just reading that on wikipedia.
(:
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2012 at 19:41
The Medes are a very ancient race. They are mentioned in the bible: the Medai descended from Japeth who lived among the Semites
PakistaniShield View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2012 at 22:14
I believe the medes separated into various ethnicities including Kurds, Baloch. etc. Both mentioned peoples speak Iranic languages belonging to the northwestern branch, so it's a good guess that they are closely related. Balochi language is northwestern Iranic like Kurdish and if not mistaken lori
oxydracae View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oxydracae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2012 at 14:31
How can Baluch and Kurds be descendants of Medes... as far as I know, Medes had urban civilization way back 2500 years ago whereas Kurds and Baluchs have till date tribal culture.

Edited by oxydracae - 12-Jul-2012 at 14:32
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2012 at 19:06
Civilisations can decline as well as advance. Take Europe after the Romans left: the tribes soon reverted to barbarism while their former masters became increasingly weak and decadent
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2013 at 13:06

Apparently the Medes, Kurds, Turks, Huns and Tatars share common ancestors: the mongoloid Scythians of central Asia, some of whom went west and intermarried with the ancestors of the Celts, and others who remained in the East and produced the Huns and Tatars

I don't think that's correct. The Scythians did mix with the Mongoloids of the Altai, but pure Scythians were Caucasoid peoples as per skull and bone classification. The Scythians were an Iranic people and so were the Medes.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2013 at 20:51
Generically baloch seem to be very ancient people, they seem to be the descendants of the farmers that arrived to south asia from the middle east, sometime 9000-12000 years ago
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2013 at 00:46
Originally posted by balochii

Generically baloch seem to be very ancient people, they seem to be the descendants of the farmers that arrived to south asia from the middle east, sometime 9000-12000 years ago

I don't think that's accurate either. The Baloch are an off-shoot of the Medes who arrived around 5 centuries ago in South-Central Asia presumably from the Caspian basin. Balochi is a northwestern Iranic language.

mojobadshah View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote mojobadshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2013 at 20:19
Originally posted by PakistaniShield

Originally posted by balochii

I don't think that's accurate either. The Baloch are an off-shoot of the Medes who arrived around 5 centuries ago in South-Central Asia presumably from the Caspian basin. Balochi is a northwestern Iranic language.

The Medes were East Iranian speakers, and if that's the case, how can they be the ancestors of the Baloch if they're northwestern Iranic speakers?  Is the epyonym Baloch related to Skr. Bahlika Pash. Balkh, present day Bactria?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>