Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Change Bike Gears with Your Mind

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change Bike Gears with Your Mind
    Posted: 12-Mar-2012 at 19:13

Change bike gears with your mind on the Prius bike

Written By Francie Diep-Published March 12, 2012-TechMediaNetwork

AUSTIN –  There were about fifteen minutes before his presentation started, and Patrick Miller was worried about wireless interference. That's because he was about to demonstrate a bike whose gears he could change with his mind.

In 2011, Toyota commissioned the high-tech marketing firm Deeplocal to create an unusual Prius campaign. The firm came up with a mind-controlled bike. As Deeplocal's senior creative engineer, Miller was responsible for developing the wireless helmet system that brought brain waves to bike gears. Parlee Cycles, a company that makes carbon-fiber racing bicycles, crafted the bike's frame. They finished the project, called the Prius Project Concept Bike, in July 2011 and on March 9, 2012, showed it at the South by Southwest music, film and interactive conference.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/03/12/change-bike-gears-with-your-mind-on-prius-bike/#ixzz1ox244GtK

TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2012 at 20:08
Sounds very interesting, but I've thought of a possible problem. I now take my life in my hands when shooting down the hill into town a few times a week, and wonder if the odd lorry behind me might brake my spine as it crushes me into the road, so if I'm thinking brake will this bike not suddenly put the brakes on.LOL
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2012 at 01:58
Some things are just best left manual.

Edited by Toltec - 13-Mar-2012 at 02:00
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2012 at 13:40
Thats not a bike, no lights, and where do you put the shopping?
Arrrgh!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply