Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gobekli Tepe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gobekli Tepe
    Posted: 04-Mar-2012 at 20:05
That's got me thinking of the Aztec pyramids and Sumerian ziggurats. A new temple was built on top of the existing one so the priests could get closer to the gods
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2012 at 20:23
That's right, there are many such examples in many cultures.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2012 at 19:41
When was it abandoned, and are there any clues as to the reasons for this?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2012 at 19:53
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2012 at 04:11
Originally posted by Nick1986

When was it abandoned, and are there any clues as to the reasons for this?

Maybe we won't learn because of archaeological thefts. One head figure which was 11.000 years old, was stolen in Göbeklitepe. 

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/archaeologist-pays-for-stolen-statues-head.aspx?pageID=238&nID=17554&NewsCatID=375

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
ds_baker View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ds_baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 00:58
I am so very happy to have found this forum.-Extremely well thought out replies and considered opinions. I am very new to topics such as this. So I am begging your indulgence. This site in Turkey points to the fact however inconvenient, that humans and ordered society existed a lot longer or father back than previously thought. 

It is the slow grinding defeat of hypothesis that is at stake. Universally colleges and universities have taught theory X and now with the internet and such sites as this, a growing preponderance of evidence is mounting to challenge or even overthrow the basic principals that early human beings were brutal knuckle dragging idiots. It is often the hubris of the modern man to think that somehow our collective shared ancestors were less intelligent than we are today.

The main difference today is that we have the collective knowledge of ages to draw upon. That doesn't mean our ancient ancestors were less than intelligent, in fact owing to this site and sites such as Newgrange point to the fact that in certain venues they were smarter than we are today.

I have read theories that state Humans as we can easily recognize today walking the streets of the world have been on this planet for at least 100,000 years. Since the Bronze age (Approximate Dating) started some where around 3300 BCE or what ever term your comfortable using, we are now into the second millennium of the Current Era. If I am doing the math correct, that is roughly 5,312 years... In that time we have gone from smelting copper, then adding tin to make bronze. Later we learned how to make iron and then steel.-You can see the progression of technology.

My question to this august forum, What the heck did we do before we learned to smelt copper or make bronze? How many times have humans risen only to fall back? Let's just round it out-we went from learning how to domesticate animals to walking on the moon in less than 10,000 years. This is a teasing question I ask archaeologist friends: "How many times have we been to the Moon?"

Please if this reply and questions are out of place re-post them someplace else.
Thank you  
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
-Marcus Aurelius
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 11:03

Technology, and other evolutionary systems grow exponentially as complexity increases. Each technological era, as it becomes more complex, accelerates in the speed of development. 

http://www.kurzweilai.net/kurzweils-law-aka-the-law-of-accelerating-returns

http://www.michaelturner.us/2008/04/06/exponential-acceleration-of-evolution/

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2012 at 15:37
I hope this is useful Sharwina
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2012 at 00:35
We live our cycle of civilization's rise.According Plato there were many of them.SmileWe are winners we do not live the fall of civilization.The Start of Fall?Who knows?
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2013 at 11:44

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2013 at 11:42
Actually, they have found a section of the site that is dated to 15,000 bce.  The question here is, how long were they in the area before they built this?  Where did they come from?  They had to have considerable engineering abilities. I don't believe this was their first and only project.  They had to have had previous experience. 

I think the dating on these folks can be pushed back to 20,000 bce. ????

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2013 at 23:11
Just for balance, the Fomenko Group considers this site as being from the 13th century CE or later. It is considered as a Cossack fortress.

Ron

Edited by opuslola - 11-Dec-2013 at 23:24
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2013 at 23:48

If that's true, then it's a sure thing none of them has visited the site,  or considered the region as a whole.

Might also find out what they are smoking, must be dynomite stuff.Big smile

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2013 at 00:19
Actually Red, if you ever got off of your high horse, and actually read the Fomenko material, you might well change your tune?

Regards to you and your championship tomatoes!

Ron
ds_baker View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ds_baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2013 at 09:45
I know this is off topic, but I wonder if and when we get to the moon again... will we find remnants of an earlier civilization? Sometimes I think we go so far forward we eventually meet our beginnings.  
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
-Marcus Aurelius
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2013 at 10:11
Originally posted by opuslola

Actually Red, if you ever got off of your high horse, and actually read the Fomenko material, you might well change your tune?

Regards to you and your championship tomatoes!

Ron

I have read enough to know I don't need to read the rest.  I put Fomenko in the same catagory as "Ancient Aliens".
My kids used to play "what if".  They were much better at it.

Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2013 at 10:39
Originally posted by ds_baker

I know this is off topic, but I wonder if and when we get to the moon again... will we find remnants of an earlier civilization? Sometimes I think we go so far forward we eventually meet our beginnings.  

I'm one of those folks who believes we were to the moon before the Apollo missions.  Sometime in our past, prior to the Mt Toba eruption,  there was a civilization that was as advanced as we are now, possibly more so.
There's evidence in many places, it's been misinterpreted or flat out ignored as it doesn't fit with the "religous timelines".

The expression "Ooparts", out of place artifacts, was invented to describe some of this evidence.

Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2013 at 12:32

Plato's Atlantis came from it?It is hard to believe Plato was extra futurist?At least time travaler,who knows?!?Smile

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2013 at 18:26
Med. there's considerable evidence for an Ice Age civ. as well.  Considering that our civ. developed in roughly 10,000 years, there is no reason that another could have developed.  There is also enough time for it to have nearly vanished.  20,000 ybp the ocean levels were about 300 ft lower than now.  Recent discoveries in India and elsewhere indicate there is much we don't know.

But to assign Gobekli to the 13th Cent. is just nuts.  It's antiquity is obvious.

Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2013 at 20:18
Originally posted by red clay

Originally posted by ds_baker

I'm one of those folks who believes we were to the moon before the Apollo missions.  Sometime in our past, prior to the Mt Toba eruption,  there was a civilization that was as advanced as we are now, possibly more so.

There's evidence in many places, it's been misinterpreted or flat out ignored as it doesn't fit with the "religous timelines".

The expression "Ooparts", out of place artifacts, was invented to describe some of this evidence.

You say the above and call Fomenko and me, goofy? Maybe you should write Sci-Fi for a living? Smile!

Thanks for the good words, however!

Regards, Ron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>