Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hearts of Iron 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hearts of Iron 2
    Posted: 24-Apr-2005 at 16:08

I'm surprised no-one has opened a topic yet...probably i'm the only oen that has/plays it..?

anyways, here soem screenshots from a MP game i'm playign at the moment:

europe in 1940. i'm Romania and my freidn is Germany

Germany sucessfully drops airborne troops in Dover

the british fleet tries to stop the German invasion by sea but is defeated

europe in 1941, before the invasion of the Soviet Union

Army Group North takes Leningrad...

...Army Group Centre takes Moscow...

..and my Romanian tank-corps takes Stalingrad without resisstance

the Soviets however did not wish to surrender yet...

most of the eastern front is now held by my Romanian divisions as China and the USA have entered the war as japan ahs declared war upon them, Germany needs the troops at other fronts...

...as our invasion of Africa...by means of invading Greece and Turkey, Italy has almost lost all of their colonies.

a German-Romanian tank-army udner Guderian fights in Kirgizistan, the gate to China is open...

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 14:41

I can't believe that with so many EU2 fans no one plays this magnificent game?

anyways, the war continues...

the battle for India begins, Britains biggest land-army so far. Eisenhower's there too.

the pocket around Mumbai closes, the remaining British troops are commanded by Turkish generals.

the battle for India is over, 2 great allied generals have met with death.

the battle for Indochina ends with the death of macArthur and his expeditionary army.

the battle for Malaysia is over, General Pattons army is gone (he died already in a previous fight) and the last allied troops have been expelled of the Eurasian continent.

the Invasion of America begins, the Axis beachhead in Eastern Canada is almost entirely secured by Romanian troops.

after hard defensive actions, the turn tides after 2 German A-bombs are beign dropped on Manitoba and Quebec, over 50 American, Canadian and mexican divisions are anihilated. on a sidenote, my Romanian ariborne troops were able to open a second beachhead by capturing Halifax.

after New York was captured by German airborne Divisions, my Romanian army who landed there was able to march directly into washington without much resistance.

frontline at the end of the last online session.

Texan front. after the nukes wiped out the majority of allied troops, the only resistance left are few mexican troops.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2005 at 22:54
I love HOI and all paradox games, they give good attention to history.
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2005 at 17:50
What are Inonu or Cakmak doing there?
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2005 at 18:58
I have no idea, I assume they somehow escaped the annihilation of their armies before the annexation of Turkey and so were able to continue fighting for the Allied cause. I think that's commonplace, especially for ships, now after the annexation of Britain and the US, Australia (only ally left) has a bigger navy than Germany....I can also remember seeing some Russian generals fighting for China.
Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 09:14
I blame myself for small thinking, in entire our history we took a small part of Dobruja from Bulgaria in 1913 but we lost it in 1940.
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 15:57
well, during ww2 you first had to cede Bessarabia to the Soviet union, Transsylvania to Hungary and Dobruja to Bulgaria and got nothing in return, but provided germany with the best axis army after germany herself!
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 02:59
I know, and a part from Bukovina to the soviet union, now is in Ukrayne and Romanians are minorities without rights, schools, newspapers ....
Bessarabya is now independent and they invented a "language" - moldovian and gave us 7 points at Eurovision contest but 10 to Russya
Transsylvania is our but Trianon treaty is alive in the Hungarians mind.
The part of Dobruja is Bulgarian - a right thing
Romanians from Serbia - no rights
The remaining Romanians minorities from Balkans are dying.
A beautiful story very similar with others from Balkans.

Albert Einstein
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 18:28

http://www.worldwar2.ro/

very nice website i found when i did some research on Romania for the game. i especially like the answer to the British ultimatum when Romania had joined the axis:

http://www.worldwar2.ro/operatii/?article=8

Colonel
Colonel

Quote Richard XIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 07:21
yes, very nice, thank you, and the british answer was the war, when we lost Transsylvania there is no British ultimatum

Albert Einstein
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 09:30
It looks good. Is Canada in it?
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 16:05

yes Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South-africa are in (as well as Yemen, Iraq and Oman)

Bhutan and Nepal too

Edited by Temujin
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 23:24
Um was this a real MP game (human UK/US/SU and so on) or was it just Romania and Germany vs. AI? You clearly need to select a harder opponent because even against a newbie, invading USA is nearly impossible. They can just pump out inf faster then you can transport them, and the US navy can easily sink German transports. And in order to reach Moscow/Stalingrad by sep 1941 you would have to be playing against a terrible SU. Even normal AI can hold usually hold Germany off for good 9 months.

Oh and you should take advantage of the combined arms bonus (+15) instead of using all tanks. just use a combination of soft and hard divisions such as tank-mot tank-mech tank-inf at a 1:3 or 3:1 ratio.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2005 at 16:00
no, it was Germany and Romania vs AI. I didn't knew you get a bonus when mixing tanks with other troops, i always separate troops to have fast armies like all tanks or cavalry.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2005 at 16:42
BTW, the Soviet AI is really bad programmed, once their armies are close to being encircled they do a strategic redeploy, that way they lose a lot of active units really fast, so you can defeat them easily. this is also what had occured in our game.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2005 at 02:00
I tried the demo a while back but was never able to get into it, maybe i should give it another go.
Is it more or less complex than Victoria?
Arrrgh!!"
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2005 at 17:24
haven't played victoria, and yes, when first playing it its very complex, best thing is somebody explaining it to you who knows the game, thats how i got into it, you'll eventually learn the rest by yourself. and its definately worth it.
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2005 at 18:09

Originally posted by Temujin

well, during ww2 you first had to cede Bessarabia to the Soviet union, Transsylvania to Hungary and Dobruja to Bulgaria and got nothing in return, but provided germany with the best axis army after germany herself!

But Romanian army didnt really perform well in the war. It was an important threat for Yugoslavia and had to join axis because of Soviet danger but lost a huge amount of soil during the war. Some claim that it was Romanian army's lax attitude that made Axis lose the war in Stalingrad.

by the way, I am also a great fan of HOI but cant take any pleasure after invading the whole world

We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2005 at 19:36
I disagree, Finnish army gets a lot more attention but i think the Romanians were the most important eastern front ally, Finns have not prooven themselves in offenses just defensive action. Romanians acted very bravely at Stalingrad, just look at the link I've posted above.
 Post Reply Post Reply