Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Western Iranians vs. Eastern Iranians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Western Iranians vs. Eastern Iranians
    Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 20:33
Originally posted by EN-SZE

Dear guests of a site, uzer   TheAlaniDragonRising obviously doesn't understand English if mixed the ordinary Internet user and the journalist by name of Robert Sepehr with the serious researcher of history and the author of books by name of Lloyd Pye.
How embarrassing, EN-SZE, my apologies sir. By the way, EN-SZE, what is Lloyd Pye's qualifications in the field he is talking about, or even any of the subjects he talks about? What are the subjects Lloyd Pye talks about, EN-SZE? 
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
EN-SZE View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote EN-SZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 21:21
In the sarcastic reasoning on presented video, you passed to discussion of the identity of the commentator - the announcer by name of Robert_Sepehr.But... I meant Lloyd Paya's words which directly argues that all civilizations on Earth rely on achievements of Sumer in all areas of a science and technologies. I only note that Lloyd Pay told and I think: "In comparison with Sumerian any tribes were barbarians."This my statement doesn't need confirmation or a denial because it is an axiom.
 It is much more important for me absolutely other questions: Why Sumerian were disappointed in technological social development? why Sumerian forever left megalopolises? Why in Sumerian society there came disappointment from highly technological development? 

Edited by EN-SZE - 23-Jan-2013 at 21:31
In search of Truth we are limited to knowledge tools and consequently our idea of Truth includes also a certain mistake.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 21:23
That's much better EN-SZEThumbs Up
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
EN-SZE View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote EN-SZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 21:37
Originally posted by Nick1986

That's much better EN-SZEThumbs Up
I don't accept present translation quality of the PROMT. I am compelled to write, then to check transfer, then to correct transfer mistakes, then again to check...then check the sense. It exhausts, perhaps I will pass on other translator

Edited by EN-SZE - 23-Jan-2013 at 21:51
In search of Truth we are limited to knowledge tools and consequently our idea of Truth includes also a certain mistake.
Yekta View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Yekta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 21:55

Originally posted by Yekta

EN-SZE

Fragments of your posts appear in other web-pages and forums which makes me wonder if you are partly paste:coping and partly using online translator for your own words and this combination makes everything come out very wrong and frustrating.

The way you are continuing, you are making your own people look like bloodthirsty Romeos and killer casanovas, which is not cool. I'm interested in what you have to say and hope you reconsider your strategy so I can understand you better. Thanks!
You're right. That PROMT which I used earlier was much more clear to me and it is simpler. Now PROMT translates such English words which I don't learn. I don't understand, why style of English changed, it seems, it is the same PROMT Translator.(?)
Earlier I wrote in Russian, translated into English, and then CHECKED return transfer. Everything was good. And now return transfer gives out such muddy HRENOTENь that I don't know what to do. Probably I will pass to other online translator.

I thought that would be the case, maybe you also translate other people's comments to your own language which make everything even more confusing. Shocked Just a thought, I can see you are a strong minded and opinionated person but the subject you are debating is a very touchy one and demands a lot of historical facts/knowledge and last but not least a very good understanding of English language. Smile
The fire that never dies burns in our hearts.
EN-SZE View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote EN-SZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2013 at 21:59
Now once again I checked that I wrote in former posts by means of a back translation...- I am depressed and upset that quality of transfers such low.
Perhaps, I need to find the best online translator for now I should leave this site for some days.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2013 at 00:14

In the sarcastic reasoning on presented video, you passed to discussion of the identity of the commentator - the announcer by name of Robert_Sepehr.But... I meant Lloyd Paya's words which directly argues that all civilizations on Earth rely on achievements of Sumer in all areas of a science and technologies. I only note that Lloyd Pay told and I think: "In comparison with Sumerian any tribes were barbarians."This my statement doesn't need confirmation or a denial because it is an axiom.
 It is much more important for me absolutely other questions: Why Sumerian were disappointed in technological social development? why Sumerian forever left megalopolises? Why in Sumerian society there came disappointment from highly technological development? 
Again, EN-SZE, I would ask you, as you set such importance to the work Lloyd Pye, what qualifies him as being an authority to speak on the subject, including academic qualifications? What works is he generally known for, so we can gauge his credibility? If you're asking why such a miserable end for the Sumerians, EN-SZE, I would have to say in the end they were found to be inferior under the circumstances they found themselves under, and paid the price for it.  
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Venkytalks View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Venkytalks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2013 at 07:25

Inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed Supreme, and nobody will dare to challenge HIS correctness. 

OT:

I both challenge and condemn the above and even Lots wife turning into a pillar of salt just for looking back. Wrong is wrong, even if done by Jehovah, seen by Christians and Jews as their God.

Many of the things written in both New and Old Testament - when seen in isolation and away from context and good sense - have emboldened terrible evil like the Spanish inquisition, forced conversions by the conquistadores and many such historical events.

I find many such problems about my own religious scriptures as well. I am a fairly religious person, but that doesnt mean I will blindly follow whatever is written in Veda. Doe example caste system is given religious sanction in our scriptures, I neither believe nor follow it and neither does the constitution of India.

Coming back to the topic, now it has become clear that translation and back translation can have a very deleterious effect on the discussion. I kept wondering why EN-SZE kept talking about his own good English - and others lack of understanding of English - which was on the face of it a ludicrous comment to make !!

Now I understand why.

It also emphasises to me that relying on English translations of Veda can only go so far. I do so without having any other option, but the limitations might be even more than I had supposed earlier.

Edited by Venkytalks - 24-Jan-2013 at 07:32
Venky
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2013 at 08:23

Now once again I checked that I wrote in former posts by means of a back translation...- I am depressed and upset that quality of transfers such low.
Perhaps, I need to find the best online translator for now I should leave this site for some days.

So you didn't intend to be rude, but were using a bad online translator? Why didn't you tell us that in the first place?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2013 at 20:07
Originally posted by Tekesh Hwarazmshah

nothing enables you to condemn the punishment of Lot’s nation, this is same to condemn God for that He created heroin, drugs and etc. If heroin would be  freely sold and many people will die from it , you will condemn God for that He created opium?  According to your view for example  then we should annihilate totally all wolves for that they kill weak beings, because it’s really ruthless that wolves killing beings who live peacefully, am I right? This is law of universe -- life dominates above everything in universe, war is manifestation of life, after all you should at last understand that struggle is father of all things.

Personally, Tekesh Hwarazmshah, I'm a little uneasy with discrimination, and the treating of one being above or below another, as beings. So if I find a person acting in a manner which suggests petulance, then they are seen by me as being petulant, and this is the measure I use when looking at all beings. I find it very easy to question the concept of omnipotence for instance when a being meant to be so feels the need to become angry, or can't control those things they are meant to have so much control over. As for struggle being father of all things, I would call that "to strive", the meaning of life. Also I'm not too sure that struggle is the father of thought, even though the brain may strive in the process of thinking.  
Tekesh Hwarazmshah View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Tekesh Hwarazmshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2013 at 06:09

Wrong!  You cannot separate thought and existence, I mean thought and striving, struggling. The following sentence belongs to great thinker Rene Descartes as “Cogito ergo sum. (I think; therefore I am.) ----by this  Rene Descartes remind us that thought and existence are inseparable! Also reminded me legendary warlord Nādir Shāh, his only interests were war and conquest. Once, when he was informed that there was no warfare in paradise, he remarked: “What is the use of paradise then, if there will be no warfare?”

Tekesh Hwarazmshah View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Tekesh Hwarazmshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2013 at 06:24
there are some technical problem at your forum, i cannot answer to questions sent in private messages
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2013 at 07:30
Originally posted by Tekesh Hwarazmshah

Wrong!  You cannot separate thought and existence, I mean thought and striving, struggling. The following sentence belongs to great thinker Rene Descartes as “Cogito ergo sum. (I think; therefore I am.) ----by this  Rene Descartes remind us that thought and existence are inseparable! Also reminded me legendary warlord Nādir Shāh, his only interests were war and conquest. Once, when he was informed that there was no warfare in paradise, he remarked: “What is the use of paradise then, if there will be no warfare?”
Who was trying to separate thought from existence, Tekesh Hwarazmshah? I would have thought that to be practically a logical impossibility. What I was trying to put over is the capacity of the brain to think without a person struggling to have so, and yet at the same time the brain strive to do it. 
Rene Descartes was trying to discover what he could prove to be real, and came up with, "I noticed that while I was trying to think everything false, it was necessary that I, who was thinking this, was something. And observing that this truth, "I am thinking, therefore I exist "[cogito ergo sum] was so firm and sure that all the most extravagant suppositions of the sceptics were incapable of shaking it, I decided that I could accept it without scruple as the first principle of philosophy I was seeking", which of course may not be logically so exactly, well not in the way envisaged anyway. It would have been more accurate to say that a thought process occurred, so at the time of its occurrence, the thought had to be made by something, which in turn had to exist at that precise juncture in time. As long as Descartes by stating "I exist" as the thought process, and not the whole physical being, then I guess, "I am thinking, therefore I exist "[cogito ergo sum] is reasonably close. Was Descartes able to state more than one thing as logically so, Tekesh Hwarazmshah?
benzin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote benzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2013 at 06:16
Tekesh : about history of hwarezm ? answer it here. could hwarezm be a compound name of the 2 etnics lives there, var and az (alan) ?
mojobadshah View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote mojobadshah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2013 at 15:47
I noticed some posts on the genetic makeup of the Iranians and I'm still trying to decipher it.  I assume its based on haplogroup tests which are more specific than other tests.  But I have an Afghan friend who did one of these more general tests and I'm trying to make heads and tails of it.  He got a large percentage of South Asian, a smaller percentage of Central Asian, and an even smaller percentage of Persian/Turkish/Caucasian.  So my question is what does this mean in terms of linguistics.  I would assume that Central Asian refers to the aboriginal inhabitants of Central Asia and is not an Indo-European gene, but could it be?  I'm also confused about South Asian.  Does that mean Indic like Indo-Iranian or would it be the genes that the Southern Indians bear like the Tamil people.  I'm a little bit more certain of Persian/Turkish/Caucasian.  I would assume that this is an Indo-European gene.  Considering the Indo-Europeans are thought to have originated in Anatolia I would assume that's where the Turkish comes from.  Persian must be an Indo-European, and Caucasian is probably Dene Caucasian. Does anyone have a better idea as to what all of this means?
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2013 at 22:04
^ i know several afghan people who have tested from both pashtun and tajik (dari speaking) background and indeed they show more affinity with northern south asia than any other place, this is surprising since afghans are Iranic people and even look more Iranian/persian than Indians, however it seems they have a lot ancient south asian genetic component in them

south asian generally means (ancestral south indian) who are among the oldest people who migrated to asia. I think though afghans have more recent west Eurasian influence, perhaps in the last 1000 years, and perhaps this gives them more Iranic look. Generally the Ydna of afghans, pakistanis and north indians is very similar, however afghans have more west asian/west eurasian in their mtdna compared to south asians
david View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2015 at 07:50
To EN-SZE :this topic is about "western and eastern iranian",not about orks(turks) that you fill this with irrelevant stories. you aren't from russia.you are a silly pan turk probably from azerbijan,sumerian not any relation to turk beber,origin of turk is  near mongolia. it's better for you that close your f**king mouth and don't say more bullshit.in panturkism opinion everyone is turk.sumerian,medes,scythian,parthian,urartu,...,even UFOs are turks.LOL

Edited by david - 04-Mar-2015 at 08:05
david View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2015 at 07:51
To EN-SZE :this topic is about "western and eastern iranian",not about orks(turks) that you fill this with irrelevant stories. you aren't from russia.you are a silly pan turk probably from azerbijan,sumerian not any relation to turk bebers,origin of turk is  near mongolia. it's better for you that close your f**king mouth and don't say more bullshit.in panturkism opinion everyone is turk.sumerian,medes,scythian,parthian,urartu,...,even UFOs are turks.LOL

Edited by david - 04-Mar-2015 at 08:11
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789