Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Western Iranians vs. Eastern Iranians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Western Iranians vs. Eastern Iranians
    Posted: 30-Jan-2012 at 10:55
Thing is Cyrus those maps you posted are based on one study and do not represent maybe the true presence of R1a1a in Iran as it is found

R1a1a comes in different subclades and those maps are very misleading because the R1a1a found in Central Asia and Iran is different to the one found in Europe.  Most of all the R1a1a in Iran and Central Asia is R1a1a1h(Z93)  where as the one found in Eastern Europe is  R1a1a1g (Z283).  It is two different subclades that have age difference of thousands of years and before the Indo-European languages.

East Iranians also experienced mixture from South Asia due to moving south and mixing with natives.  Like I had mentioned I believe the Turkmenistan was the home of Iranians before their expantion south and west.   Central Asia thousands of years ago was different to today, it has experienced heavy mixture from Turks and Mongols.

Haplogroup G is the same, my own Haplogroup is G2a(L31) is mostly found in Anatolia,Caucasus and North Iran. Where as other subclades of G such as G2a3,G1,G2..ect is also found around Iran.  G among Tajiks could of  been carried by Persian speakers from Iran to the region which increased the frequancey, but G is very common in the Caucasus as it is believed to originated there.

My family origins are North Iran, which is why even Mcdonald placed me in North Iran.  My family are Alevis(formely known as Kizilbash) who migrated from Urmia>Khorasan>Turkey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_G_%28Y-DNA%29

Edited by Ince - 30-Jan-2012 at 11:40
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2012 at 11:53
Turkmenistan, Karakum dessert

Kara Kum desert of Turkmenistan that set the cat once more among the pigeons. In this area, known to the ancients as Margiana, the Russians uncovered a number of sites of monumental architecture dating from the second millennium BC. One of these sites, Gonur South, consists of a fortified complex of buildings, a number of private dwellings and a fort. Within this complex there is also a large shrine (known to have been used as a sacred fire temple) consisting of two parts: one clearly used for public worship and the other, hidden from the gaze of the multitude, an inner sanctum of the priesthood. In one of these private rooms were found three ceramic bowls. Analysis of samples found in these vessels by Professor Mayer-Melikyan revealed the traces of both cannabis and Ephedra. Clearly both these psychoactive substances had been used in conjunction in the making of hallucinogenic drinks. In the adjoining room of the same inner sanctum were found ten ceramic pot-stands which appear to have been used in conjunction with strainers designed to separate the juices from the twigs, stems and leaves of the plants. In another room at the other end of the shrine a basin containing remains of a considerable quantity of cannabis was discovered, as well as a number of pottery stands and strainers that have also been associated with making psychoactive beverages.

http://huxley.net/soma/

Here is a video on the discovery, it looks like it was the home Iranians before Iran.  Interesting video, it goes with what Genetics says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hugCJ9tuq-g
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2012 at 15:20

As I mentioned in other threads, the original land of Iranians (Airyana Vaeja) was somewhere in the remote north where as we read in Avesta "There are ten winter months there, two summer months; and those are cold for the waters, cold for the earth, cold for the trees."

I think it can't be denied that Iranians entered to the Iranian plateau from both the east and the west of Caspian sea, the culture of the eastern Iranians was similar to the Indian culture and the western one could be related to the European culture, especially the Germanic culture.

The important point is that both the Caucasus and the Central Asia were the passages of ancient Iranian people, not their original lands, of course we know some Iranian-speaking people have lived in these regions from the ancient times but it can't be said that one of them was the original one.

For thousands years, people of the eastern Europe were Iranian-speaking people, such as Scythians, Sarmatians, Alans, Iazyges, Ossetians, ... in fact Iranians have a longer history in the Eastern Europe than Iran and the Central Asia, so if you find some similarites between the peoples of Iran and Central Asia and differences between them and the people of the Eastern Europe, then you can be sure that those are a non-Iranian people, probably a Turkic people.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 30-Jan-2012 at 15:23
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2012 at 20:07
But the thing is people who inhabit Eastern Europe are Slavs, and Iranians do not show any genetic ties to them but Slavs are not descendants of the Scythians.  

So far every ever Kurd and Iranian have had a cline towards Central Asia.  You might think it is because of the Turks but Turkish people themselves do not have the same cline, they cline more towards Siberia then Central Asia.   Their is no doubt that the Iranians who entered Iran came from Central Asia, this is what Automosal DNA says.  

Iranains do not show any tie to Eastern Europe, I do not know why this is but western europeans such as Germans and Irish seem to have some  Gedrosia component among them that is low among eastern europeans here for example, heres the latest K12b results for the components.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArJDEoCgzRKedEY4Y3lTUVBaaFp0bC1zZlBDcTZEYlE#gid=0

Iranian_D
Gedrosia 28.8
Caucasus 40.3

Kurds_D
Gedrosia 28.7
Caucasus 40.4

North Ossatiens_Y
Gedrosia 16.5
Caucasus 56.7

British_D 

Gedrosia 11.3
Caucasus 1.3

Dutch_D
Gedrosia 9.9
Caucasus 4.8

German_D
Gedrosia 7.3
Caucasus 9.8

Russian_D
Gedrosia 1.8
Caucasus 11.7

Polish_D
Gedrosia 0.5
Caucasus 12.1

Ossetians have suffered what might  be called genetic mixing, they have heavely mixed with cauacaisns.  On Y-dna they have around 1-5% of R1a1a.  Some believe that the Alans males were all killed by the invading Turks and that the males among Ossetians are the caucasian mixture.

As you know Kurdistan was settled by Scythians, like I had mentioned Kurds also have the same genetic pull towards Central Asia and do not differ much from Iranians, only a few Kurds show a genetic pull towards North Caucasians.

It could be that The Iranain speakings people moved towards the west and mixed with the germans and that the Slavs invasion drove many of them away or they were killed. 

Edited by Ince - 31-Jan-2012 at 20:08
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2012 at 20:13

Edited by Ince - 05-Feb-2012 at 08:09
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2012 at 05:11
But the thing is people who inhabit Eastern Europe are Slavs, and Iranians do not show any genetic ties to them but Slavs are not descendants of the Scythians.

People who inhabit Turkey are Turks, do you think they are the same as original Turks? Most of those Slavs are in fact Slavized Iranians.

So far every ever Kurd and Iranian have had a cline towards Central Asia.  You might think it is because of the Turks but Turkish people themselves do not have the same cline, they cline more towards Siberia then Central Asia.   Their is no doubt that the Iranians who entered Iran came from Central Asia, this is what Automosal DNA says. 

Who is an Iranian? For a long time, a large number of non-Iranian people, such as Elamites, Mannaeans, Urartians, Lullubis, ... lived in the Iranian plateau then there could be a migration of Iranian-speaking people from Eastern Europe and Central Asia, but then Greeks occupied Iran, and then Arabs, Turks, Monglos and etc. There were several other migrations from other regions, for example some hundred thousands Georgians from Georgia migrated to the north and central Iran, most of them mixed with other people and already consider themselves Persian or Mazandarani, but there is still a large Georgian city in the Isfahan province and people of this city and several villages around this city speak Georgian.

Iranains do not show any tie to Eastern Europe, I do not know why this is but western europeans such as Germans and Irish seem to have some  Gedrosia component among them that is low among eastern europeans here for example, heres the latest K12b results for the components.

You yourself show that Iranians are more related to the people of Caucasus but then you say they are related to Central Asians, Gedrosia was in the southeast of Iran, not the Central Asia.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2012 at 05:30
If you can stand above "national" inside you,truth stands in front of you:Syllables were ancient people's Egyptian,Cyrus!Someone have created billions of fractals from people we were in the beginning!Reason:To have been proved their ruling position on territories they lived.Achaemenides  spoke the same  language!That means that Hindu&Egyptian people have shared Persian territories as it is today!Sorry that this will hurt Your "national" feelings but that's not the point of my view here!We are searching our roots as you can see.SmileWe share same syllables!
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2012 at 06:53
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

People who inhabit Turkey are Turks, do you think they are the same as original Turks? Most of those Slavs are in fact Slavized Iranians.

Who is an Iranian? For a long time, a large number of non-Iranian people, such as Elamites, Mannaeans, Urartians, Lullubis, ... lived in the Iranian plateau then there could be a migration of Iranian-speaking people from Eastern Europe and Central Asia, but then Greeks occupied Iran, and then Arabs, Turks, Monglos and etc. There were several other migrations from other regions, for example some hundred thousands Georgians from Georgia migrated to the north and central Iran, most of them mixed with other people and already consider themselves Persian or Mazandarani, but there is still a large Georgian city in the Isfahan province and people of this city and several villages around this city speak Georgian.

You yourself show that Iranians are more related to the people of Caucasus but then you say they are related to Central Asians, Gedrosia was in the southeast of Iran, not the Central Asia.

You can believe in what  you want it is now a proven that Iranian have a genetic tie to Central Asia.  Gedrosia is called Gedrosia because it peaks in that region, but does not mean it originated there.   I do not believe Slavs Slaviced Scythians, they do not even carry the same linage as the Ossetians who actually speak a offshoot of Scythian. 

Turks of Anatolia have 3-8% East Asian and do not show a genetic tie to Central Asia but to Siberia.

Out of all the west asian people, Kurds and Iranians are the only ones who have  genetic pull towards Central Asia, why don't Armenians,Assyrians,Georgians all show this pull?   You just cannot explian this by saying that Iranians today are just all natives and not Iranic.   Dodecad and even a major company like 23andme all show this.

Maybe you do not want accept that the Indo-Iranain origins was Central Asia around BMAC.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 15:08
As I said in my first post, the origin of Indo-Iranians was probably from the east of the Caspian sea, namely Central Asia, but western Iranians, like Persians and Medes, came through the Caucasus.

It is really possible that moden Iranians have genetic pull towards Central Asia because:

1. The majority of the people of Central Asia are Turkic people
3. There were several migrations of Turkic people from Central Asia to Iran
2. About one third of Iranians are already Turkic-speaking people

As I said Iranian speaking people have a longer continuous history in the Eastern Europe than Iran and Central Asia, so it is not possible to talk about Iranians and ignore them, some Eastern European peoples, such Serbs, Croats, Bulgars and etc still consider themselves Iranian.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 17:38

As I said in my first post, the origin of Indo-Iranians was probably from the east of the Caspian sea, namely Central Asia, but western Iranians, like Persians and Medes, came through the Caucasus.

It is really possible that moden Iranians have genetic pull towards Central Asia because:

1. The majority of the people of Central Asia are Turkic people
3. There were several migrations of Turkic people from Central Asia to Iran
2. About one third of Iranians are already Turkic-speaking people

As I said Iranian speaking people have a longer continuous history in the Eastern Europe than Iran and Central Asia, so it is not possible to talk about Iranians and ignore them, some Eastern European peoples, such Serbs, Croats, Bulgars and etc still consider themselves Iranian.

I do not believe the Turkic impact can explain why Kurds have nearly the same genetic makeup as Iranians because it does not explain why Kurds have the same pull and there has not been much brothely love between Kurds and Persians for a long time to explain the similarities.   

I too believe that the eastern part of the caspien sea(Turkmenistan) was the homeland of Iranains before Iran, even the Parthian homeland was near that region.   Automosal DNA of Turkmenistan is very similar to Iran, only difference been is Turkmenistan has higher levels of East asian around 15% where as it's 1-3% among Iranians and Kurds.  Turkmenistan was a Iranian dominated region before the Turkic arrival from Siberia.  Even Tajikistan is similar to Iran, but Tajiks have higher East Asian, due to Turkic and Mongol invasion.

It could be that Medes and Persians took the Northern root from Central Asia and came to Iran, but like I mentioned there does not seem to be a genetic link between Eastern Europeans and Iranians.  It could be that in the ancient times, the region of Siberia and some parts of Eastern Europe were Iranian dominated, but maybe only by elites, many people were reffered to as Scythians and likely were not Iranian speaking.   Because Scythians were also present in west asia and were close to the Medes and yet no genetic link to Slavs at all can be found in North Iran or among Kurds.

Proto-Indo Iranians are rather a different story, was there a language replacement in Central Asia by the Proto Indo-Iranians or were they already a caucasian like people?  

I also recommend you follow the Dodecad project as it gets updated time to time when they get new samples from studies that improve the results more as each new update it is more accurate then the other but they always follow the same trend and minor changes most of the time.

Edited by Ince - 03-Feb-2012 at 06:36
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 19:18
Could the fair haired and light-skinned Iranians have been descendents of Alexander's Greek soldiers? 
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 19:38
Originally posted by Nick1986

Could the fair haired and light-skinned Iranians have been descendents of Alexander's Greek soldiers? 

No I doubt that.  Because many claimed the same thing about the Kalash where some of them have lite eyes and hair, but on genetics they show no ties to Greeks or Eastern Europeans.  
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 03:14

It seems it was the vice versa, the majority of Persians were fair haired and Greeks were among the first people who changed it.

As Kanas_Krumesis posted some pics titled "Persian soldiers from Achaemenid times through the eyes of the ancient Greeks", we usually see Persians were fair haired but Greek themselves had black hair.

Greek hero Achilles, Priam and Hector (bottom left):

Persian king Darius (seated on throne) and Xerxes:

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 03:16
If you use black&white TV picture looks black&white Cyrus!Smile
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 06:50

It seems it was the vice versa, the majority of Persians were fair haired and Greeks were among the first people who changed it.

As Kanas_Krumesis posted some pics titled "Persian soldiers from Achaemenid times through the eyes of the ancient Greeks", we usually see Persians were fair haired but Greek themselves had black hair.

The Kalash are the closest people to what the Ancient Indo-Iranians were, this is because they have been more isolated then any other group and do not seem to have had any influence from Mongols or Turks and they have lower South Asian compared to the Pathan and other Afghans and Pakistanis.    The Kalash are dominantly Euroasian in genetic makeup with some South Asian probably they got when they moved south where as the Ancient Iranians likely had no south asian, as it is low among Kurds and iranians(some have high, probably influence from the south)

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 07:09
It's more complicated Ince as it looks!Why did Kalashes stay in India then?(Pakistan now!)Why did the not come back with Alexander?Why did Hunza people also?I believe Alexander had helped them they turned back home!Now if I am right who had pushed this Big migration of people out of Hindu valley&Eastern Iran?
Let You help me about this cause you are living there.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 07:30
Originally posted by medenaywe

It's more complicated Ince as it looks!Why did Kalashes stay in India then?(Pakistan now!)Why did the not come back with Alexander?Why did Hunza people also?I believe Alexander had helped them they turned back home!Now if I am right who had pushed this Big migration of people out of Hindu valley&Eastern Iran?
Let You help me about this cause you are living there.

I do not know what you mean.  My point was the Kalash are genetically Euroasian with no ties to Greeks or Eastern Europeans.  Kalash like other Indo-Iranian people have their origins in Central Asia.  When I said they moved south, they like the Indo-Aryans moved South towards India and Pakistan.  But they probably are the closest to the ancient indo-iranians then anyother group because they seem to have less outside infleunce then anyother Indo-Iranian group.

I do not believe the Kalash are the descendants of Alexanders soldiers like some claim.

Edited by Ince - 03-Feb-2012 at 07:36
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 07:45
That's the point!How did they finish inside Alexander's army of mercenaries?As it looks now they did it cause they need return ticket for home!Who did push them in Euro-African areas?Ince i believe,here had started migration that was not written in history books.Cause those that did it had changed history as it is
today.Of course it is my hypothesis here. 
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 11:46
Fair hair doesn't relate to Iranians, Greeks, Central Asians or peoples of the Caucasus, but mostly to north European peoples, like Germanic people.

As I have said in other threads, original Iranians probably lived somehwere in the northeastern Europe, near the Germanic lands, from this original land they migrated to the regions in the east and the west of the Caspian sea and then Iran and other lands.

The reason of this migration has been mentioned in the ancient Iranian and Germanic sources, the important point is that Indian, Greek, Celtic and other Indo-European sources never talk about it, that is Fimbulvetr, three successive winters in the Germanic sources and ten winter months in the Iranian sources, which has been proved to be the extreme weather events which resulted in a notable drop in temperature across northern Europe.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2012 at 19:13
Originally posted by Ince

The Kalash are the closest people to what the Ancient Indo-Iranians were, this is because they have been more isolated then any other group and do not seem to have had any influence from Mongols or Turks and they have lower South Asian compared to the Pathan and other Afghans and Pakistanis.    The Kalash are dominantly Euroasian in genetic makeup with some South Asian probably they got when they moved south where as the Ancient Iranians likely had no south asian, as it is low among Kurds and iranians(some have high, probably influence from the south)

kalash yes, but I think isolated Tajik (pamiri) are even closer then Kalash to original indo iranians, some of them have totally european features, they can easily fit in places like Germany. Kalash I believe have roughly 22-25% north east European genetic component in them, while some tajik pamiri groups have 27-30% north east euro component, all these people in south central asia are clear descendants of indo Iranians, who were heavy mix of european and west asian
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>