Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

.700 Dinosaur Killing Rifle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .700 Dinosaur Killing Rifle
    Posted: 30-Dec-2011 at 19:56

Want to See a Customized .700 Caliber ‘Dinosaur Hunting’ Rifle in Action?

Elephant guns have been around since the 19th century, but this hand-held Howitzer takes high caliber rifles to another level.

Introducing the .700 Caliber, “Dinosaur Hunting WTF” rifle.

A member of the Cast Boolits firearms forums posted photos and video of this weapon and cartridges he built from scratch.

Everything you see below is customized craftsmanship, except the barrel.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/want-to-see-a-customized-700-caliber-dinosaur-hunting-rifle-in-action/

If I knew how to insert YouTube videos, I would, but I don't. Click the link to see this thing

fireClap

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2011 at 20:00
I want oneCool I've never hunted before, but i've promised myself an African safari or hunting trip in the wilds of Alaska sometime after i retire
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2011 at 22:07

Originally posted by Nick1986

I want oneCool I've never hunted before, but i've promised myself an African safari or hunting trip in the wilds of Alaska sometime after i retire

There are some squirrels around my house I would love to remove with this.Embarrassed

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2011 at 19:31
LOL
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 14:35
There's an even larger caliber rifle out there: this .950 monster
That's not recoil, this is recoil
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2012 at 04:00

Would be much less cowardly to join the amry and hunt something that shoots back.
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2012 at 09:38
I once owned a Browning .406 lever action rifle.  If you weren't standing just right, the recoil would screw you into the ground. Big smile  What possible purpose would a .700 serve?  The kick would make it very inaccurate.

There is nothing cowardly about hunting.  I take it your a vegetarian.  Which is an old Indian word for lousy hunter.
I do not hunt.  I have the skills and the knowledge, I just choose not to.  It has nothing to do with concience or conservation.  If I could be certain that I was the only person out there carrying a rifle it might be different.  No the animals don't shoot back, it's the hunters with no skills that I worry about.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2012 at 10:08
If you have the skills, you don't need a cannon.  This 12 year old boy used a pistol for this wild hog, which weighed in at just over a thousand lbs.

The animal was shot in Alabama.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2012 at 19:15
Originally posted by Toltec

Would be much less cowardly to join the amry and hunt something that shoots back.

You've got to be joking. I'm (mostly) a pacifist (but would enlist if my country is invaded). There's no fun in murdering people in wars of aggression for the benefit of big business, and even if i wanted to, i can't display the skins or heads of dead enemies on my wall
 Post Reply Post Reply