Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTemujin The GREAT

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Temujin/Genghis Khan
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [50.00%]
1 [25.00%]
1 [25.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Fula View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temujin The GREAT
    Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 08:25

Was the founder and Great Khan (emperor) of the Mongol Empire, which became the largest contiguous empire in history after his death.

His Empire makes Alexander's look like childs play lol

TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 09:40
Though a great achievement it did split into pieces in the time of his grandchildren on a dispute as to who show succeed in the position as the ruler of the whole thing. 
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Fula View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 15:05
lol yeah it split when he died...I think thats understandable. Either way he conquered much of the known world. Crazy how few people know of him.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 15:10
Originally posted by Fula

lol yeah it split when he died...I think thats understandable. Either way he conquered much of the known world. Crazy how few people know of him.
That's nothing to the lack of knowledge people have about Tamerlane, who could be classed as the greatest self made men.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 16:50
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

That's nothing to the lack of knowledge people have about Tamerlane, who could be classed as the greatest self made men.

I myself don't know too much about Timur Leng. I know that he was born in Khorasan and was originally Asiatic, then he went to create the Timurid empire which extends from Iran to Afghanistan. Seems hardly the match of what Genghis Khan accomplished, unless I'm missing something?
Timidi mater non flet
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 17:12
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

I myself don't know too much about Timur Leng. I know that he was born in Khorasan and was originally Asiatic, then he went to create the Timurid empire which extends from Iran to Afghanistan. Seems hardly the match of what Genghis Khan accomplished, unless I'm missing something?
I think that Tamerlane(Timur) in his lifetime conquered a larger landmass than Genghis Khan in his lifetime, even though not as much as the Mongols did as a whole. Also Tamerlane's Grandson founded the Mughal Empire, so his legacy lasted much longer too.
Fula View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 18:39

I think that Tamerlane(Timur) in his lifetime conquered a larger landmass than Genghis Khan in his lifetime, even though not as much as the Mongols did as a whole. Also Tamerlane's Grandson founded the Mughal Empire, so his legacy lasted much longer too.

I disagree Temujin had a greater landmass than Timur and Temujins Legacy is Far Greater then Timur. He started what was to be the second largest Empire in the world. The British is number one only because of the "New World" territory. I dont see how its even close
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 18:43

He claimed to be grandson of Genghis. The Soviets exhumed his grave in 1941 and he was found to be a 5"8' (very tall for that time) Asiatic man with a broken hip.

He planned on conquering China but died of a fever I think on the way there.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2011 at 13:22
Originally posted by Arab

He claimed to be grandson of Genghis. The Soviets exhumed his grave in 1941 and he was found to be a 5"8' (very tall for that time) Asiatic man with a broken hip.

He planned on conquering China but died of a fever I think on the way there.
I think they were both red haired too.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2011 at 13:35

I disagree Temujin had a greater landmass than Timur and Temujins Legacy is Far Greater then Timur. He started what was to be the second largest Empire in the world. The British is number one only because of the "New World" territory. I dont see how its even close
I'll let you decide. In the first map the darker pink is the lands Temujin conquered in his life time. The second is the lands under the control of Temur.

Fula View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2011 at 14:15
Good stuff. I still think Temujin was substantially bigger. The second map is zoomed in and only the green was his Empire. This is at his death...It even continued growing after he died

File:Genghis khan empire at his death.png
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2011 at 17:21

Good stuff. I still think Temujin was substantially bigger. The second map is zoomed in and only the green was his Empire. This is at his death...It even continued growing after he died
Yes I know it is zoomed in somewhat, and I agree if you consider the extension later then that would be bigger. However I was comparing the two maps by the lakes common on both and using them to help with a comparison. 
Arab View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2011 at 18:10

Though he was ruthless (like many in his time), Temujin was able to keep what he conquered, he established government, created roads and kept the peace.

Timur on the other hand was more of a raider and marauder, he plundered many places such as India and the Near East (as you can see in the map), and was probably the more destructive of the two.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2011 at 18:26
Originally posted by Arab

Though he was ruthless (like many in his time), Temujin was able to keep what he conquered, he established government, created roads and kept the peace.

Temujin ran a better democracy than most countries do today.

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2011 at 19:25
For some reason i can't vote in polls, but Temujin deserves at least 4 stars
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
 Post Reply Post Reply