Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Easter Island Heads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Easter Island Heads
    Posted: 07-Jan-2012 at 15:14
Painters have been under payed,union of workers corrupted and paint color vanished.Let me be clear about
color people:Ancient people's life element in statues and buildings around them was color.Color shows them
they are alive,different than stones!Only modern sterile&lifeless human society could be admired by colorless blocks of stones(period!).But color do not last forever,believe me i colored my fence 3-4 months ago and...maintenance follows.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2012 at 20:37
Originally posted by lirelou

What makes the Olmec heads negroid?  Take a look at some of the sculptured heads of Angor wat.

A black person doesn't neccessarily have to be African. The Australian Aborigines and people of modern-day India both have dark skin and features typical of black Africans despite having lived in their respective countries centuries after leaving Africa and coming into contact other races. The Indians, Aborigines and Polynesians may have retained darker skin as protection from the hot sun, though this is pure speculation
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 12:19
Originally posted by medenaywe

Painters have been under payed,union of workers corrupted and paint color vanished.Let me be clear about
color people:Ancient people's life element in statues and buildings around them was color.Color shows them
they are alive,different than stones!Only modern sterile&lifeless human society could be admired by colorless blocks of stones(period!).But color do not last forever,believe me i colored my fence 3-4 months ago and...maintenance follows.

Color is particularly important in areas such as Egypt where the desert conditions limit natural colors to shades of beige.  A door painted red can be seen a long way off in a beige landscape.

When our son came back from Iraq in 03, he arrived just before Christmas.  We took him out shopping at the local mall and he became sick.  He said that the colors and lights were the cause. He had been in a beige landscape for nine months and the visual input created a vertigo like condition.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 12:29
Originally posted by red clay

Color is particularly important in areas such as Egypt where the desert conditions limit natural colors to shades of beige.  A door painted red can be seen a long way off in a beige landscape.

When our son came back from Iraq in 03, he arrived just before Christmas.  We took him out shopping at the local mall and he became sick.  He said that the colors and lights were the cause. He had been in a beige landscape for nine months and the visual input created a vertigo like condition.

Oh that sounds like hell, red, I hope you son has recovered now. My Mum suffers from migraines from time to time, and though not really the same, she has the same sort of reactions.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 12:42
Originally posted by lirelou

What makes the Olmec heads negroid?  Take a look at some of the sculptured heads of Angor wat.

Oh get real.  In the years I worked in the Landscape field I knew a lot of Mexicans, none of them looked like this.

Note that all of the heads show them as Helmed.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 12:47
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Oh that sounds like hell, red, I hope you son has recovered now. My Mum suffers from migraines from time to time, and though not really the same, she has the same sort of reactions.

It took him about a week to readjust.  With no residuals.

Unknown.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 12:52

Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

It took him about a week to readjust.  With no residuals.

Well that's the main thing, red. I hope it didn't spoil your Christmas too much.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 12:56

Oh get real.  In the years I worked in the Landscape field I knew a lot of Mexicans, none of them looked like this.

Note that all of the heads show them as Helmed.

The design of the helmet would also be important when investigating migration, as in were they common place elsewhere.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 12:59
 From Angor Wat, you be the judge.

Unknown.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 13:13

From Angor Wat, you be the judge.

They couldn't be any more different if they tried, IMO.
lirelou View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote lirelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 18:40
Red Clay, point made, though I wouldn't call the first photo in your Olmec heads helmeted. It looks more like a hairline, and definitely negroid.
Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá gì
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 19:53
The heads from Angkor War look nothing like the Olmecs. They are obviously Asian, while the South American heads have more "African" features
lirelou View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote lirelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2012 at 20:26
Nick. Mexico, to include the parts the Olmec heads were found in, is in North America.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2012 at 09:07
Actually the regions where the heads were found is considered Central America.
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2012 at 09:15
Those statues were painted once:(Eastern Island!)
http://www.eisp.org/

lirelou View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote lirelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2012 at 13:35
Red Clay, what makes it Central America? I'll grant you that you can hit the northern edge of Belize a few hundred miles to the east from La Venta, which itself lies on the eastern side of the Tehuantepec peninsula, but that is also the eastern limits of the Olmec area. From La Venta it spread west up the gulf coast past San Martin Pajapan as far as Alvarado. Geographically, Tabasco state is in North America, as is Oaxaca state, it's southern neighbor. One could certainly make a case that Mayan Chiapas is Central American. And all of them are obviously in "Meso America".

There is a body of opinion that the peoples who became the Olmecs came out of South America and across the Pacific Coast of Guatemala, obviously in Central America, to settle in the area described above.

("Los Olmecas," Lorenzo Ochoa, in Atlas historico de Mesoamerica, edited by Linda Manzanilla and Leonardo Lopez Lujan (Referencias Larousse, 1993) pp. 62-66)
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2012 at 19:12
Check out this excavated moai. Each statue has a body with unique markings representing tattoos:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2149846/Hidden-treat-The-Easter-Island-heads-BODIES.html
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2012 at 08:37
According to legend, the statues "walked" from the quarry to their final location. If there were no trees on Easter Island, perhaps they were dragged into place with ropes and winches?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2012 at 11:22
Or perhaps they had access to the same "Majic" that is claimed to have been used to build Nan Madol.  Remember that old saying, What you don't understand is Majic, [or magic] as soon as an understanding presents itsel, it becomes science. 

Unknown.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2012 at 12:44
Why does everyone persist in thinking that Olmec heads are "negroid"?  Why can't negroid heads be Olmec instead?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>