Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHolocaust - Truth.. Lie.. Denial .. ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vagos View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holocaust - Truth.. Lie.. Denial .. ??
    Posted: 02-Dec-2011 at 18:45
Hello to all ..   I wish to speak about the Holocaust..    I'm not a historian, but I believe historians must speak about all themes and don't have taboos..

Mainstraim history see the holocaust as truth just as like the ww2 ..  But some historians (maybe pseudohistorians) see the holocaust as a lie, because of this they deny  the historicity of the holocaust..

In Germany it's even forbidden to deny the holocaust in the public...    In my opinion, that's not good , because it  gives arguments to the holocaust-deniers...   If we will to  destoy all the ignorance and the denial of the holocaust,  we must speak free about with arguments  and not with prejudices..  

So everyone  is welcoming to write his argument...   I will try to refute the pro and contra arguments to see what comes at the end LOL

Greetings.... ( just as information, I respect the Germans and the Jews and I also respect the victims of the holocaust(from the mainstream historians as truth accepted) ..   This open debate is not an insult to the victims, but a defense of their honor  and a defense of the truth...    the truth don't need taboos and   laws who forbide something... that gives only arguments to the liers.. )  

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2011 at 19:02
Holocaust deniers aren't historians: they are lying charlatans seeking to justify the Nazi regime. Some of these nutjobs even claim the death camps were built by the Allies and the documents incriminating Hitler and Himmler were forgeries
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Vagos View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2011 at 16:42

You comment is very interesting.  Yes, most of the academic historians regard the holocaust deniers as pseudo-historians...

Some arguments(or maybe pseudo-arguments ?) that the holocaust deniers (they look themselves as revisionists of history) have is the opinion of Paul Rassinier..

Paul Rassinier was a pacifist  and he was from 1933 to 1943 a  historian professor  in College d'enseignement general in Belfort, Academie de Besancon.    The Germans took him prisoner in KZ Buchenwald and KZ Dora-Mittelbau  .   

He  was sceptic to accept the official opinion about the holocaust.  He said  the  Nazis made indeed crimes , but  not in this manner and he also said that many crimes in the KZs were commited not from the german guards but from some prisoners- supervisors  ...

Die Lüge des Odysseus, Die Wahrheit kommt ans Licht Priester, Wiesbaden 1957
Was nun Odysseus? Zur Bewältigung der Vergangenheit Priester, Wiesbaden 1960.

The ''soap argument'' is also very famous in the holocaust-deniers scene..    Even in the Nürnberger trials it's stated as a official decision, but the truth is that the Nazis never did this...   

more informations here http://www.history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/dachau/legends/soap.htm 

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2011 at 18:21
There was no "soap element" Vagos,WW2's eugenic theories killed the man&freedom in human brain.But also created image about what could be happened if...There are people in my country that talk about it freely from political parties and new fast bred owners,ex communists cause they have always been in power last 2000 years.Wars have always been cleanse of others and "cause of their superiority others have to die".Therefore let us leave millions that have died in WW2 to rest in peace!This topic insults their victim and revive vampires of humanity.In the beginning i thought this could have done insane animals.Now I
know they have been that,animals described inside their "insane" Darwin's "Origin of Species"(not humans,different than pit bulls or mastiffs).

Edited by medenaywe - 06-Dec-2011 at 05:38
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2011 at 19:05
While the Nazis never processed corpses into soap (a similar accusation was leveled against the Germans during WWI), they did commit many horrific acts on a large scale. There are cases of Germans photographing themselves in the act of shooting prisoners and (at Buchenwald) using tattooed skin to make lampshades
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2011 at 20:25
Originally posted by Vagos

I believe historians must speak about all themes and don't have taboos..

I agree

Originally posted by Vagos

In Germany it's even forbidden to deny the holocaust in the public...    In my opinion, that's not good , because it  gives arguments to the holocaust-deniers...   If we will to  destoy all the ignorance and the denial of the holocaust,  we must speak free about with arguments  and not with prejudices..  

I agree again Big smile. This rule has similar sick logic with some stick muslim countries'. It is bad and also not objective. France is a good example. there are genocide definations for Jew and Armenians, but there is nothing for Algerian.  

My perspective: it is real BUT

*Holocaust is seemed to be used by jews and it is not good. Jews perspective is like a big tree. Hence none of other plants can grow under it and also it was turned just a national symbol by Israel.

*What about other ethnic groups? total others victims are more then  jews
even many german were killed by nazis.
some famous non-jewish victims http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_victims_of_Nazism

*Other side's perspective is also important, there were many german victims(not because of nazis)
Allied war crimes during World War II
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II
Have you ever watched a movie about the german boy who had lived in Yugoslavia but forced to go back germany? Answer is NOOO

Edited by Ollios - 03-Dec-2011 at 20:26
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2011 at 21:11

I do appreciate that you bring up this topic even though it's quite controversial and somewhat taboo. Yet I think that you forget to mention something else which is that most of these so called 'Holocaust deniers' aren't actually denying that the holocaust happened, but that it didn't happen in what they believe is a propagandised and hyped up version. It is clear from historical proof that the holocaust (kind of a misnomer since no one got burned) did in fact happen and that many Jews were either detained or executed in the famous concentration camps in Auschwitz, Dachau...etc. Anyone denying that the holocaust happened is playing an agenda or simply biased in some way.

Though, I personally believe that the image of the holocaust in the public mind is not very well defined and is exagerated. First of all, most people know of the atrocities committed by the Germans and what most people would reffer to is that Jews were executed in gas chambers. I do believe that it was the case for one main reason, there is no proof that the gas chambers (or furnaces) were used to execute people. As a matter of fact, no inmates were gassed in Dachau while they were alive as a lot of people may believe. The crematoriums were used to burn dead bodies which were infected with contagious diseases

A lot of people seem to forgo the initial objective of a concentration camp which is supposed to function like a jail. It seems to me that there would have been no point of making these camps if the Nazis wished to 'exterminate' the Jewish race which sounds like propaganda to me. The Nazis were a right wing conservative party who wished to take control of Germany and the Jews were working against Hitler's 'patriotic' interests. I do not argue that Jews didn't die in the holocaust, but I don't believe it amounted to 7 million (there aren't even that many Jews in the US atm, let alone in Germany 65 years ago!) and I don't believe that they were gassed. There is proof though that the Nazis allowed scientists to perform some pretty sick tests on them. Joseph Mengele was a leader in this type of research at Auschwitz where he burned some subjects, tore their limbs out and even crushed some skulls to test the resistance of human skulls!

Timidi mater non flet
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2011 at 05:02
Proving the Gas Chambers & Crematoria
© Copyright Skeptic Magazine

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2011 at 19:05
Other ethnic groups were killed by the Germans, but the Jews and Slavs suffered most. The 6 million includes not just German Jews, but also Jews from Poland, Russia and Western Europe
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2011 at 19:40
@CV

I read the link that you posted, apparently both this Broad fellow and Hoess make a sworn statement that the gassings happened and they both describe the methods in which this occured. The only digergence was in some minor details and the time it took the victims to die. Hoess might have been coerced by the allies but Broad seems to be quite neutral. So I must withdraw my earlier statement, it seems that Jews were gassed, I didn't use to think they did, I thought it was propaganda...

@ Nick

Idk, it seems to me that when Jews declared war on the Germans, already many of the Jews residing in Germany must have sensed some impemding tragedy and fled.

http://www.wintersonnenwende.com/scriptorium/english/archives/articles/jdecwar.html

That's why I think that although there were many Jews in the concentration camp from other countries as well, I still think that 6-7 million is a big exageration. Hell, even according to CV's link the biggest crematorium in Auschwitz could only gas 500,000 people a year and that was at its most improved prototype. The link also says that the Nazis had a lot of trouble with the crematorium because it would seldom break. The other camps had a much lower capacity and weren't used as much as the one in Auschwitz. I think 1.5 million may be truer, though I'm curious to know exactly how they came up with these numbers.
Timidi mater non flet
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2011 at 20:18
It is pure insane folly to state the Holocaust didn't happen
or to lessen the effect and impact on WWII.
Those who are adamant that the Holocaust didn't happen really need
to spend more time reading and less time preaching. 

Edited by tjadams - 05-Dec-2011 at 20:19
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2011 at 21:01
We never learn the real number of victims

min-max (from viki)
jews                    4.8  - 5.8 million
gypsies                0.13 - 0.5million
russian(civilian)     6.7  - 19 million
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2011 at 21:46
That's sadly true Oll.
"Official' numbers would in my best guesstimate, be low.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2011 at 05:19
My grandpa died after war,from typhus,cause here had missed antibiotics after the war!?!If we include victims after WW2,numbers will be higher.Victims were on all sides therefore I claim here:That was human cleanse and genocide different than anything have been seen&written before.Shocked

Edited by medenaywe - 06-Dec-2011 at 05:23
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2011 at 19:47
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

@CV

I read the link that you posted, apparently both this Broad fellow and Hoess make a sworn statement that the gassings happened and they both describe the methods in which this occured. The only digergence was in some minor details and the time it took the victims to die. Hoess might have been coerced by the allies but Broad seems to be quite neutral. So I must withdraw my earlier statement, it seems that Jews were gassed, I didn't use to think they did, I thought it was propaganda...

@ Nick

Idk, it seems to me that when Jews declared war on the Germans, already many of the Jews residing in Germany must have sensed some impemding tragedy and fled.

http://www.wintersonnenwende.com/scriptorium/english/archives/articles/jdecwar.html

That's why I think that although there were many Jews in the concentration camp from other countries as well, I still think that 6-7 million is a big exageration. Hell, even according to CV's link the biggest crematorium in Auschwitz could only gas 500,000 people a year and that was at its most improved prototype. The link also says that the Nazis had a lot of trouble with the crematorium because it would seldom break. The other camps had a much lower capacity and weren't used as much as the one in Auschwitz. I think 1.5 million may be truer, though I'm curious to know exactly how they came up with these numbers.

Since when did "the Jews" declare war on Germany? They didn't even have their own country in 1939
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2011 at 22:38
the word of war was just for making the meaning powerful. it was an economical protest against germany, not a military war.

but maybe this act pushed Hitler more and caused real jew victims of holocaust or maked it worse. because european jews don't look like too diffirent, so hitler could tolerated them as 2. class aryan
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2011 at 09:33
Originally posted by Nick1986

Originally posted by Baal Melqart

@CV

@ Nick

Since when did "the Jews" declare war on Germany? They didn't even have their own country in 1939

As Ollios said, it was a solely economic war which was actually quite successful in angering the Germans. The Jews managed to strangle the German economy by coercing most nations and banks to stop trading with Germany. But it was an act of war since all world Jewry were on a single page, no trading with the Nazis.
Timidi mater non flet
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2011 at 10:56
The numbers are based on the Nazis own records.  They kept impeccable records on everything.

Baal wrote-

As Ollios said, it was a solely economic war which was actually quite successful in angering the Germans. The Jews managed to strangle the German economy by coercing most nations and banks to stop trading with Germany. But it was an act of war since all world Jewry were on a single page, no trading with the Nazis.

This is the Great Myth, "the International Jewish Conspiracy".  It's what the Nazis used to justify their actions.  Your repeating the "big lie".   Joe Goebbels would be proud.

Edited by red clay - 07-Dec-2011 at 10:58
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2011 at 11:19
Originally posted by red clay

The numbers are based on the Nazis own records.  They kept impeccable records on everything.

Baal wrote-

This is the Great Myth, "the International Jewish Conspiracy".  It's what the Nazis used to justify their actions.  Your repeating the "big lie".   Joe Goebbels would be proud.

I posted a link above of the Newspaper article... Otherwise, how is it the Great Myth, I don't understand why Jews wouldn't stick together against the Germans.
Timidi mater non flet
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2011 at 14:39
I don't understand why you would believe that bull.  I will remind you that anti semitism is one thing not tolerated on AE.
The Global Jewish Conspiracy schitick is the mainstay for todays Neo Nazis and antisemites in general.  It does not now, or then, exist.

As for choking the German economy, do a little digging and reading, and you'll find that many "jewish banks" actually financed Hitler's industrial buildup.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>