Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AE Film Critics Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AE Film Critics Club
    Posted: 24-Aug-2012 at 19:15
He's "just a boy from Brooklyn..."

3/5 (I like all the huge, fake German war machines Thumbs Up)

Edited by Mountain Man - 24-Aug-2012 at 19:28
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2012 at 19:20
Originally posted by Mountain Man

Oh, give me home,
Where the Aliens roam,
And the truth is not always nearby!

Entertaining, though.  2/5

I'd have given it a higher rating, but i agree with the review: it's a bit of lighthearted entertainment, not a period dramaBig smile
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2012 at 19:32
Originally posted by Nick1986

Oh, give me home,
Where the Aliens roam,
And the truth is not always nearby!

Entertaining, though.  2/5

I'd have given it a higher rating, but i agree with the review: it's a bit of lighthearted entertainment, not a period dramaBig smile

I almost did, but Craig as the Steely Eyed Man of Action and Ford as the Grumpy Old Man are just a little too stereotyped.  The alien machines were interesting, though, and I enjoyed it for a laugh.  I would have liked it better, though, if it turned out justo nce that the old Colt .44 Peacemaker was more than a match for fancy alien metal work.
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2012 at 19:33
"In space no one can hear you scream."

5/5

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2012 at 20:00
Fellowship of the Ring

Fat kid with hairy feet sets out with his gardener to throw a ring into a volcano while Richard Sharpe gets killed by Dracula's genetically modified orcs
Rating: 4
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 00:10

Fellowship of the Ring

Fat kid with hairy feet sets out with his gardener to throw a ring into a volcano while Richard Sharpe gets killed by Dracula's genetically modified orcs

Now here we disagree.  I rated that series as a solid 5 all the way through, even though they killed off Sean Bean, which is getting to be a habit because they killed him off early in Game of Thrones, too.
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 00:11
Prometheus:

They didn't learn from the last five movies.

3/5

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2012 at 19:45

Fellowship of the Ring

Now here we disagree.  I rated that series as a solid 5 all the way through, even though they killed off Sean Bean, which is getting to be a habit because they killed him off early in Game of Thrones, too.

That's only the first movie. Below is my review for the Two Towers:

American prince, English hairdresser and bearded Welsh drunk singlehandedly defend castle of decrepit king while a bunch of talking trees kick the butts of Dracula's genetically-modified army
Rating: 5
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2012 at 14:12
Then my review of Return of the King would be Ghostbusters are back, and they returned the Ring!  5/5

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2012 at 19:08

Dreamcatcher - Retarded kid gives his pals psychic powers while General Morgan Freeman goes crazy and massacres defenceless aliens
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2012 at 19:28

Dreamcatcher - Retarded kid gives his pals psychic powers while General Morgan Freeman goes crazy and massacres defenceless aliens

Haven't seen it.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Sep-2012 at 19:01

It's well worth seeing Mountainman. Do you remember Steven King's It? That movie made me scared of clowns for years
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2012 at 18:03

It's well worth seeing Mountainman. Do you remember Steven King's It? That movie made me scared of clowns for years

My reaction to clowns outside of a circus venue is he same as FBI Special Agent
Seely Boothe's - shoot first and chuckle later.  Cool
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2012 at 20:16

You Only Live Twice - James Bond fakes his death, travels to Japan and puts Blofeld's space station out of commission
Rating: 6 out of 5
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2012 at 12:43

You Only Live Twice - James Bond fakes his death, travels to Japan and puts Blofeld's space station out of commission
Rating: 6 out of 5

Bond imitating a Japanese, despite being too tall and a host of other issues.

2/5
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2012 at 11:32
I just watched the remake of Robin Cook's Coma done as a two-parter for the tube.  Very well done.

Rating: 4/5
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2012 at 20:10

Soldier Blue - Just one of many incidents during the Indian Wars where Yankees massacre defenceless Indian women and children
TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2012 at 16:41

This Irish vampire looks so special. Embarrassed The movie is titled Byzantium... It won't be released before early 2013 though. Ouch Her Celtic blue eyes, red hair and pale skin are really attractive. Star
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2012 at 20:18

Dredd - Dystopian cops take back apartment block from criminal gang
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2012 at 22:26
Originally posted by TITAN_

This Irish vampire looks so special. Embarrassed The movie is titled Byzantium... It won't be released before early 2013 though. Ouch Her Celtic blue eyes, red hair and pale skin are really attractive. Star
Don't tell me, TITAN, would that be a certain American born Irish lass called Saoirse Ronan by any chance?
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>