Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Freedom for Palestine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Menumorut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Freedom for Palestine
    Posted: 02-Oct-2011 at 15:41
Originally posted by Nick1986

The Jews of the Classical era were a completely different people to modern Jews, most of whom are of Slavic descent.

No. They are the same people as genetic studies have shown. In fact the similarity with the genes of people in Levant is surprising.

To say that the modern Jews are of Slavic descent is just lighlty.

Edited by Menumorut - 02-Oct-2011 at 15:49

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2011 at 21:41
Genetic studies are still speculative at this time. They have both proved and refuted the theory Hitler was of Jewish descent
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2011 at 00:28
Agree with you Nick,genetic spreed sheets now days,look the same as betting house's catalogs.Info that will
help is fact that in Egyptian period,Sinai was place where military&administration people lived.That's a lot of
skilled people.I forgot priests,sorry!
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2011 at 02:24

I'm myself a Muslim but I believe if all fellow Muslims are killed then the world will be certainly more safe to live in, unfortunately this is a bitter fact that Muslims themselves have to believe it, from Indonesia to India and the Middle East, everywhere Muslims live, savagery and terrorism also exist.

Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2011 at 03:05
I could no more support that the eradication of the lame or the blind, people of color or a WASP... as, imo, it smacks of a mentality of ethnic cleansing and genocide.

I would submit that ''all fellow Muslims are killed then the world will be certainly more safe to live in,''.... is not only an extreme overgeneralization. But patently untrue in that the numbers of non-violent and or secular Muslims deaths would prove nothing. For they have done nothing inherently of a danger so great as to require this.

My landlord..An Iranian-American Muslim... given that qualification would be required to be eliminated....and as his friend, I would not approve nor allow it.... as long as I personally had the power to ensure it did not.

For in point of fact, terrorists and or terrorism is as much a matter of political ideology as theologically-culturally and economically based. Consequently, It remains a learned behavior not a genetically inherited one.

And learned behaviors can be changed and modified from the negative to a positive. It may not be practically possible for the "diehards" perse...but given the opportunity to catch and modified their behavior at a young enough age..... then the potential remains.

What course of action is required for this...I wont speculate. But I know that I would rather as necessary eliminate the die hards one at a time and even see the world suffer then to determine the loss of an  multi-ethnic,theologic and political group of peoples.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 03-Oct-2011 at 03:15
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2011 at 03:42
One final note.... as this thread has been drifting towards a semblance of a discussion over Islamic theology; then where that belongs is in "Philosophy and Theology" section of the forum.  My recommendation is then.. that if that is where this is..going then take it there.

S. T. Friedman

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2011 at 04:02

Centrix Vigilis, if you know nothing about the dangerous ideology of Islam, it will be really better that you don't talk about it, Nazists killed millions of people and there were some people like you who blindy supported them without knowing anything about their true beliefs.

It can be true to say modern Zionism is also a dangerous ideology, but if people are being killed by the followers of it, we shouldn't give power to the followers of a much more dangerous ideology. Of course there can be no difference between that Zionist soldier who kills a Palestinian kid and that Palestinain terrorist who proudly kills Israeli children, both of them have false beliefs.

I was born as a Muslim and I can never change my religion, otherwise I will be killed, like Nadarkhani and several other people who are being killed everyday in the Islamic countries becuase of apostasy, I wonder why people support the followers of this religion, just because there are some people who call themselves Muslims but know nothing about Islamic laws?
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2011 at 04:25
We read in Quran that real muslims are just those ones who "Fight those who believe not in Allah, nor hold the forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and his messenger (Muhammad), nor acknowledge the true religion (Islam) from among the People of the Book (Jews and Christians)" (Quran: Al Taubah: 9 - 29)

Therefore for example if you drink wine, which has been forbidden by Allah and his messenger, a true Muslim should fight against you, otherwise he/she can not be considered as a Muslim.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 03-Oct-2011 at 04:31
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2011 at 08:53
Originally posted by Menumorut

The references about the historical persecution of non-Muslims by Muslims was a correction to one of Nick's messages. Why you bring Christianity here? It has no relevance, as we talk about Islam.

Actually, your religion perspective is a bit unrelevant. it can be just second-third class topic. We are talking about a political situation. But, you don't want to see political(real, direct reason of conflict) side of issue and starting to talk about second class topics. Issue is politic conflict and politic problems like embargo and borders. Today, Israel capital is Jaruselam(in jewish laws), but after the arab-Israel war1949, Israel took just west part of the city, not all!!! but when Egypt and Jordan left those lands in 1967, they start occupasions and built Israel settlements. why all embassies in Israel are in Tel Aviv???

Christianity just for example against your idea about Islam. How similar two religion about historical and using both them for teror or killing. You are putting same fruits in the different baskets.

1. Yes, I deny.

Edited as unnecessarily potential inflammatory verbiage and trolling.
He is entitled to any position he wishes to include one contrary to yours. And as such your acerbic comment is no more conducive to civil discourse then that which he has been warned about.

Now I am officially warning you keep it civil or be prepared to suffer the consequences.

I deny that Christianity is violent. Is a completely peaceful religion, like Buddhism. In the same time, Islam teachings are violent. Stonings, mutilations, war, revenge, is the opposite of Christianity. If some Christians behave violently and some Muslims peacefully, is not relevant for the real nature of each religion, as they appear in their 'sacred' texts.

I have no idea about you, being an islamic and also christian scholar. You completly solve their nature, what they teach...  but your last sentence just funny.

Same Quran also says;
Quran:YÛNUS - 99
TR: Eğer Rabbin dileseydi, yeryüzünde bulunanların hepsi elbette topyekûn iman ederlerdi. Böyle iken sen mi mü’min olsunlar diye, insanları zorlayacaksın? (department of religious affairs, Turkey)
EN:If it had been the Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! Will you then compel mankind, against their will, to believe?

freedom of religion and conscience-don't push people, this is what I understood.

Quran: from MÂİDE
if any one slew a person, it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.

killing people

or Islamic atmospher also created good, sample movements and people too.
Love created because of the Creator(God) - Yunus Emre (Sufi, 1240?-1321?)
(Note: 1991 was also year of Yunus Emre-Unesco)

And while not an Atheist, I'm not a Christian either. I don't believe in the gospels fairy tales about miracles and I think 99% of the OT and 90% of the NT are pure inventions.

Declaration of own religion is becoming tradition in this topic. Supporting Israel or Palestine, not just about religion look at Cyrus Shahmiri or my previous photoes from UK and Greece. Supporting one person just because of his religion same with you is madness.
Note: You can image how similar my religion perpective with radicals from my avatar.Wink

@Menumorut
Islam and christianity are just mesages, what you learn from them is your business. You can kill people (even Christanity, but you are still dening it ) or love people. I suggest you, check your reaction and your target? If you target your reaction in more small areas(like killing Mr. X because of being non-muslims in ex. Iran), you find more supporters and you can reach a solution more quickly.

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

I believe if all fellow Muslims are killed then the world will be certainly more safe to live in

??? , you show that your are not so different than Iran goverment(according to your example), you can talk about killing people and you can believe it, just because of religion.

just because there are some people who call themselves Muslims but know nothing about Islamic laws?

There are many Mohammed followers who find Iran extremly stick, anachronistic, so If you know Islam just in Iran, just blame Islamic perspective in Iran and now, you are starting to decide people religion instead of them with these words. Are the people who are not like Iran mullah's, not real muslims and don't they deserve call themselves as muslim?

I sent many posts which show fanatic sides in christianity too(but some of you still deny it) and know in Israel-Jew culture

some slogans
"Arabs to the crematoria" & "Arabs - sub-humans"

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Arabism#Israel
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_and_racial_discrimination_in_Israel

Graffiti מוות לערבים reads "Death to Arabs"

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 03-Oct-2011 at 11:23
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2011 at 10:38

Centrix Vigilis, if you know nothing about the dangerous ideology of Islam, it will be really better that you don't talk about it, Nazists killed millions of people and there were some people like you who blindly supported them without knowing anything about their true beliefs.

It can be true to say modern Zionism is also a dangerous ideology, but if people are being killed by the followers of it, we shouldn't give power to the followers of a much more dangerous ideology. Of course there can be no difference between that Zionist soldier who kills a Palestinian kid and that Palestinian terrorist who proudly kills Israeli children, both of them have false beliefs.

I was born as a Muslim and I can never change my religion, otherwise I will be killed, like Nadarkhani and several other people who are being killed everyday in the Islamic countries because of apostasy, I wonder why people support the followers of this religion, just because there are some people who call themselves Muslims but know nothing about Islamic laws?

This whole post is another example of an extreme overgeneralization. Certainly when it comes to your assertion : " if you know nothing about the dangerous ideology of Islam, it will be really better that you don't talk about it, Nazists killed millions of people and there were some people like you who blindly supported them without knowing anything about their true beliefs."

You have absolutely no idea what I know or not know..LOL discern and or perceive reference Islamist theologist terrorist threats. 

Nor what I have done individually or collectively to attempt to counter it in uniform, out of uniform, during combat operations and out. Anymore than those same imposers of bigotry and or the avowed practitioners of genocide....and racism.

But your attempted arrogance..and continued hyperbole in defense of your position... in assuming... that only you... an avowed but apparently unwilling Islamist, who essential hates other Islamists or apparently even other non secular Muslims...

(as that's the only apparent obvious interpretation being offered by your posts and latest comments. reference a self genocidalist wish in killing them all off in toto... as an answer)

...is qualified to speak... 

is astounding and rediculous.

And to assume that I was or am the type that would have idly stood by and permitted the atrocities of the Nazi's or modern day Islamist terrorists or any others for that matter... merely reveals... you... have got no clues as to who you are really talking to.

Which merely reinforces my point....your overgeneralizations.

Apparently you must believe that I am to be overawed and impressed by the fact your a Persian living in Iran and don't like being a Muslim. And that because you perceive them as the 'end of days' threat that I should as well. Well that's not going to happen.

And finally as it remains my prerogative to contribute when and where I shall on this forum... whether I should or should not... talk about this subject... is not your decision to make. Certainly if I am within the CoC.

You don't like it?

Take it up with the administrator-owner because as far as I am concerned.. in this issue, on this thread... your merely fast approaching trolling.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 03-Oct-2011 at 11:13

S. T. Friedman

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2011 at 11:40
Let's all just calm down. Why does every Palestine thread have to turn into a flame war?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2011 at 12:59

Originally posted by Ollios

??? , you show that your are not so different than Iran goverment(according to your example), you can talk about killing people and you can believe it, just because of religion.

Both you and Centrix Vigilis, removed the first part of my sentence to change the meaning of my irony post, I said that I'm myself a Muslim, almost everyone that I know is also a Muslim, isn't it silly to say "we should kill each other that other people of the world live more safe!!!"

I just talk about a dangerous ideology based on a book named Quran, you can call it Islam, Islamism or any other thing, you can read in that the only true religion is Islam and the followers of other religions should believe in this religion, otherwise Muslims should fight and kill them.

With this belief it is not possible to live in a safe world, the first ones who are killed are people like me who don't like to believe in this selfish religion and after us there will be the followers of other religions.

There are many Mohammed followers who find Iran extremly stick, anachronistic, so If you know Islam just in Iran, just blame Islamic perspective in Iran and now, you are starting to decide people religion instead of them with these words. Are the people who are not like Iran mullah's, not real muslims and don't they deserve call themselves as muslim?

Among all Muslims, Iranians have been certainly the most moderate ones maybe because their strong pre-Islamic moral culture, Mullahs of Iran support terrorists but you can hardly find any Iranian terrorist, after Israel, Iran has the largest Jewish population in the Middle East.

What is your idea about this pic from Tehran:

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2011 at 14:34

Both you and Centrix Vigilis, removed the first part of my sentence to change the meaning of my irony post, I said that I'm myself a Muslim, almost everyone that I know is also a Muslim, isn't it silly to say "we should kill each other that other people of the world live more safe!!!"

Sorry but if Centrix Vigilis did same thing too, it also show that your sentences is a sentence which can be misinterpreted.

I just talk about a dangerous ideology based on a book named Quran, you can call it Islam, Islamism or any other thing, you can read in that the only true religion is Islam and the followers of other religions should believe in this religion, otherwise Muslims should fight and kill them.

Every religions say similar thing, just it is true one Big smile and I am just trying to show that it is in every religion, so you can't fight religion, you can discuss just bad rules or applications.

Do you thing I will still support Hamas attacks agaisnt civils after solution of border problem? or Israel can use embargo for guns or gun materials but people in there can't export their goods as flowers and Christian in Gaza couldn't see Pope, because Israel just gave permission for limited people How can you hope, they can feel good things against Israel?

StarYou should know that if you target more small areas. For most of your example, I can support you like execution of mr.x just being non-muslim in Iran or any country. But not your wars agaist Islam or any other religion. In every religion some people killed or are still killing people just for their believes.

Among all Muslims, Iranians have been certainly the most moderate ones maybe because their strong pre-Islamic moral culture, Mullahs of Iran support terrorists but you can hardly find any Iranian terrorist, after Israel, Iran has the largest Jewish population in the Middle East.

Yes, I know Iran large jewish population, but if you put Turkey into Middle East, Turkey has got 2. biggest Jewish population in Middle East.

What is your idea about this pic from Tehran:

Are you trying to find my emotinal side? then you can hitLOL. Topic is so mass now. I think Nick86 who started this topic, couldn't guess today's situation. If you open new topic about Armenians, I can share my ideas, tell different perspectives in Turkey and also provide turkish sources with my bad translationLOL

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2011 at 05:14

It is really better to talk about Islam in another thread, let's back to the main topic.

I think there can be a Palestinian state after a regime change in Syria and then in Iran, if Hamas and Hizbullah lose their major sponsors, we can hope to see a stability in the region, I believe a non-Islamic regime in Iran will certainly support Israel, during the post-election demonstrations in Iran one of the main slogans was "Death to Gaza", it shows Iranians really hate the terrorists.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2011 at 09:40

It is really better to talk about Islam in another thread, let's back to the main topic.

I think there can be a Palestinian state after a regime change in Syria and then in Iran, if Hamas and Hizbullah lose their major sponsors, we can hope to see a stability in the region, I believe a non-Islamic regime in Iran will certainly support Israel, during the post-election demonstrations in Iran one of the main slogans was "Death to Gaza", it shows Iranians really hate the terrorists.

Hamas isn't like Al-Qaide. The State of Palestine is governed by democracy and Hamas won the last election so it doesn't seem fair to me, waiting for elected goverment gone.
Hamas has 76 seat
Fatah has 46 seat (they were last goverment)

In my opinion, Palestinians are oppressed side, today.
*taking lands, building jewish settelments
*refugees
*too stick embargo

I send photo in UK and Greece to, it is not just about religion. If non-Islamic regime in Iran support Israel, I believe that these Iranian just try to take revenge from their past goverment. That's why they support Israel.

I can guarantee it, if Israel go back to 1967 borders, get lighter the embargo(just ban the guns) and Hamas still attack Israeli civils, Turkish goverment and nation support will definately be minimize. Being agaist today's Israel policy is one the unique thing for Turkish left and right politic sides.

and slogans like "Death to Gaza" (Iran) or "Arabs to the crematoria"(Israel) and buring Israel flag(Turkey), these acts are just results of anger, madness

about Syria, I don't think Esad is a global or reginal threat (but I can't speak for his own country Syria, I don't know). His period is the best time in Syrian-Turkish relations and it is still better than the old bad times. 

I can understand why Arab countries attack Israel in 1947 because just in 50 years lands demograph really changed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Palestine

However, today I support Israel existence(but with 1967 bordersBig smile). You can't deny it. Hamas or any Palestinian politic side should recognize Israel existence

My happy end;
*Israel return 1967 borders.
*Syria take Golan Heights, then Syria finish support attacks agaist Israeli civils
*Refugees in Lebanon and all round the world, return Palestine, it also help to reduce tension in Lebanon and be reason of Hizbullah power decrasing in Lebanon
*Palestine recognise Israel and stop attacks
*Israel stop miliarty attacks and embargo, also destroy the defense wall
*Israel apologies from Turkey, then Turkey start to make politic contact again
*Israel change the Jerusalem Law/Basic Law and just make West Jarusalem is capital and all UN accept it(because UN don't accept the Jerusalem Law)

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/1980_1989/Basic%20Law-%20Jerusalem-%20Capital%20of%20Israel

http://domino.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/0/dde590c6ff232007852560df0065fddb?OpenDocument

Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2011 at 17:19

I think Turkey is looking for a role in this political game, Mullahs of Iran have already played better, they want the full destruction of Israel and have placed their pieces, like Hizbullah, around this country, they are equipping themselves with nuclear weapons and moving toward this purpose. It is clear that if it is happened then Iran will be the major power in the region, so it is better for other powers in the region, like Turkey, that Israel exists but with the least power. Of ocurse the very important role of the United States shouldn't be forgotten, they prefer to increase the power of Israel, as a non-Islamic country, in the region, anyway Palestinians are just some victims in the hands of these powers.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2011 at 18:49
The History of the Middle East Conflict in 11 Minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZY8m0cm1oY&feature=player_embedded#!

I originally got this from Walid Shoebat a former PLO terrorist.

http://www.shoebat.com/videos/MEconflict.htm
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2011 at 19:41

I think Turkey is looking for a role in this political game, Mullahs of Iran have already played better, they want the full destruction of Israel and have placed their pieces, like Hizbullah, around this country, they are equipping themselves with nuclear weapons and moving toward this purpose. It is clear that if it is happened then Iran will be the major power in the region, so it is better for other powers in the region, like Turkey, that Israel exists but with the least power. Of ocurse the very important role of the United States shouldn't be forgotten, they prefer to increase the power of Israel, as a non-Islamic country, in the region, anyway Palestinians are just some victims in the hands of these powers.

Every country play own game, welcome to worldBig smile

one example from Spain
Spain always want Gilbraltar but they never think to give spanish cities in cost of Morocco, even  small rocky island near Morocco cost. I don't say something like, this land should be this country. But you should be neutral. You can't want to take Gilbraltar and also African lands.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perejil_Island_crisis

when I heard the words of nuclear weapons, I remember three things Cry

and japanese girl Sadako Sasaki with Turkish writer Nazım Hikmet's poem, "the little girl"

It is me knocking at your door
- at how many doors i've been
But no one can see me
Since the dead are invisible.

I died at Hiroshima
that was ten years ago
I am a girl of seven
Dead children do not grow.

First my hair caught fire
then my eyes burnt out
I became a handful of ashes
blown away by the wind.

I don't wish anything for myself
for a child who is burnt to cinders
cannot even eat sweets.

I'm knocking at your doors
aunts and uncles, to get your signatures
so that never again children will burn
and so they can eat sweets.
Cry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadako_Sasaki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmD-QpyYdhk

nuclear weapons are dangerous in control of any country.  For me, nuclear weapons in Iran, Israel, India, France or USA all same and have same danger. Example: USA didn't use it agaist just japanese military force. They used it on cities.

@eaglecap, nice video

Edited by Ollios - 04-Oct-2011 at 22:39
Ellerin Kabe'si var,
Benim Kabem İnsandır
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2011 at 17:01

It's a pity we don't have punishments like that in the UK for all the thieves, murderers and child molesters overfilling our prisons. On the other hand, be careful not to confuse the Islamic religion with the Islamist political ideology similar to 17th century Puritanism. All Islamists are Muslims, but not every Muslim is an Islamist

These punishments are not for just those ones but wine drinkers, girlfriends of boys, boyfriends of girls, dancers, gamblers, women with no hijab, ... let's not fool ourselves, the problem is just Islam, the first group that you call Muslims are some people who don't follow Islamic laws and the second group that you call Islamists are real followers of Islam. I'm myself a Muslim, more than 80 percent of Iranians call themselves Muslims but drink wine, dance in parties, love gambling, ... but always fear of real Muslims.

You've been shown a false image of Islam. Idk how things are in Iran but to say that Islamists are real muslims is untrue.

What you mentioned about the Christian apostate being killed for leaving Islam, that punishment is not sound and is against Islam and I can prove it. It is mentioned in hadiths that the murtadeen or apostates should be fought and killed at any possible chance. Yet this no longer applies nowadays since it was only valid in the context in which it was said. That being that treason in islam is forbidden and punishable by death. When the hadith was made, Muslims who joined Muhammad had not only pledged to be muslims but also to fight against the pagan Arabs who were more numerous and were on a 'witch-hunt' against muslims. In that context, rejecting the faith meant leaving one's muslim brothers at the hands of the people of Quraysh. So because in those days apostacy was equated with treason, it was punishable by death. Nowadays, to kill someone for apostacy makes no sense since they would not be 'betraying' the muslim community...

Again, as for drinking, the punishment is receiving 100 lashes, not death. Same punishment applies to fornication.  
Timidi mater non flet
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2011 at 14:00
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

It's a pity we don't have punishments like that in the UK for all the thieves, murderers and child molesters overfilling our prisons. On the other hand, be careful not to confuse the Islamic religion with the Islamist political ideology similar to 17th century Puritanism. All Islamists are Muslims, but not every Muslim is an Islamist

These punishments are not for just those ones but wine drinkers, girlfriends of boys, boyfriends of girls, dancers, gamblers, women with no hijab, ... let's not fool ourselves, the problem is just Islam, the first group that you call Muslims are some people who don't follow Islamic laws and the second group that you call Islamists are real followers of Islam. I'm myself a Muslim, more than 80 percent of Iranians call themselves Muslims but drink wine, dance in parties, love gambling, ... but always fear of real Muslims.

You've been shown a false image of Islam. Idk how things are in Iran but to say that Islamists are real muslims is untrue.

What you mentioned about the Christian apostate being killed for leaving Islam, that punishment is not sound and is against Islam and I can prove it. It is mentioned in hadiths that the murtadeen or apostates should be fought and killed at any possible chance. Yet this no longer applies nowadays since it was only valid in the context in which it was said. That being that treason in islam is forbidden and punishable by death. When the hadith was made, Muslims who joined Muhammad had not only pledged to be muslims but also to fight against the pagan Arabs who were more numerous and were on a 'witch-hunt' against muslims. In that context, rejecting the faith meant leaving one's muslim brothers at the hands of the people of Quraysh. So because in those days apostacy was equated with treason, it was punishable by death. Nowadays, to kill someone for apostacy makes no sense since they would not be 'betraying' the muslim community...

Again, as for drinking, the punishment is receiving 100 lashes, not death. Same punishment applies to fornication.  

Even if what you are saying is so, still all bunch of Islamic countries have apostasy forbidden and punishable - I don't care about the theory, but the practice.
So, 100 lashes is just fine then? I bet if I lay 100 lashes on you good you may as well give up the ghost; like the raped Bangladeshi teen who got flogged with 70 I think and died as a result of that.
Rape is largely seen as fornication in Islamic view, for what I have seen - with of course the female having to pay for it.

So don't buy "false image of Islam" game - I very well see the excesses and the cruelties that are brought by variety of Islamic practices.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>