Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Russia should return Siberia to us

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Wadjet Horus View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Wadjet Horus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Russia should return Siberia to us
    Posted: 25-Jul-2011 at 00:06
Russia does not belong in Siberia, siberia had always been a territory of east asian tribes untill Mongol invasion. Japan and China should share Siberia togather.

Russia should get out from the Far East, go back to Europe.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2011 at 00:42
Just ask them gentle,maybe will do that!Big smile
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2011 at 09:13
Just don't hold your breath.Big smile
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2011 at 12:47
Yeah, China and Japan=great friends!
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2011 at 13:52
yeah. and to us Poles Russia should return Smolensk LOL
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
PADDYBOY View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Historum joker, suspended

Quote PADDYBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2011 at 14:32
And while we're at it. Could we also give England back to the Welsh.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2011 at 16:04
Paddyboy, perhaps they would "Welch" on the deal? Laugh!

If you feel I am wrong comparing the two words please,

See; http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080615172001AAuEmNL

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 25-Jul-2011 at 16:06
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Knight
Knight

Quote Wadjet Horus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2011 at 19:14
Russians are the descendents of the mongols, huns, enough of their rampage over the Eurasia already.

Konigsberg to Germany, Siberia to eskimos and Japan and China. Clap

Russians back to Middle East
Knight
Knight

Quote Wadjet Horus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2011 at 19:53

Russians belong in Middle East, Central Asia, they do not belong in Siberia, Arctic. Finland, Sweden, Germany, Japan, China all had been extorted of lands by russian mongols. Nationalist cooperation between the west and east will be based on common interest in splitting russia if white nationalism choosed Russia over us, they can have it, and they will make us racial enemies. Japanese and chinese nationalists can work togather.

India will ally with us, we will liberate low caste indians once Siberia is free.
Knight
Knight

Quote Wadjet Horus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2011 at 19:54
Originally posted by Mosquito

yeah. and to us Poles Russia should return Smolensk LOL

Yes, lets beat the mongolsSmile
baydlag View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote baydlag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2013 at 03:17
So Chinese need back to move to Shangdong, Japan give the Hokkaido and Honsu to Ainos. No present day independent countries were living in Siberia 500 years before excluding Mongols and Kazakhs.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2013 at 14:42
I actually had a question about this, when was it that white russians went in to Siberia?I was watching a show and they were showing that even most of siberia is now white, I mean most of the border towns with Mongolia/China have white populations, when did this happen?

Btw one aspect to consider is that white people were there in the region as early as 4000-5000 years ago, they might not be european, but still were white (tarim mummies)

so the question is, are white recent migrants to these areas or have they been there for 5000 years?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2013 at 20:55
Originally posted by balochii

I actually had a question about this, when was it that white russians went in to Siberia?I was watching a show and they were showing that even most of siberia is now white, I mean most of the border towns with Mongolia/China have white populations, when did this happen?

Btw one aspect to consider is that white people were there in the region as early as 4000-5000 years ago, they might not be european, but still were white (tarim mummies)

so the question is, are white recent migrants to these areas or have they been there for 5000 years?

I think they went there for the mineral resources, and to establish trade routes with China and the Islamic world.
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
lirelou View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote lirelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2013 at 11:55
"so the question is, are white recent migrants to these areas or have they been there for 5000 years?"

The simple answer is that the great majority date back to the late Tsarist and later Stalinist regimes. But the Russian move east was one of the great achievements of human history. All you have to do is track the names and settlements and you reach the Pacific, get across the Bering Straight to Alaska, and down through Washington and Oregon to northern California (the Russian River). 

They established outposts in the Amur river region before the Chinese, got expelled by the Manchus, and later returned to the Amur in the 19th Century, having their claim recognized in 1860 in the wake of the Second Opium War.

Frankly, I think the region's inhabitants benefit more from being part of Russia at this stage. But a future independent Eurasian nation is not beyond the realm of imagination. 

ps, my interest in this was piqued by a trip to Beijing, which has a "Russian Market" district dating back to the fur trade days. Apparently the Manchu emperors got their finest furs from the Russians. I believe that Vladimir Lenin promised to return the southern Amur region to China, but that promise was never carried out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yermak_Timofeyevich
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amur_Cossacks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian%E2%80%93Manchu_border_conflicts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Kuskov

Edited by lirelou - 02-Mar-2013 at 12:00
Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá gì
pdtoler View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote pdtoler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2013 at 15:06
The Russian expansion into Siberia, and Alaska, parallels the European expansion into North America.  Both were fueled in the seventeenth century by a growing demand for furs in Europe.  Thanks to the gold and silver from the Americas and the increased trade with Asia, wealthy merchants and a new and growing middle class were able to afford furs that had previously only been available to aristocrats and the very wealthy. 

The best book I've read on this subject is Raymond H Fisher's The Russian Fur Trade, 1550-1700. (University of California Press. 1943)
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2013 at 15:18
Originally posted by pdtoler

The Russian expansion into Siberia, and Alaska, parallels the European expansion into North America.  Both were fueled in the seventeenth century by a growing demand for furs in Europe.  Thanks to the gold and silver from the Americas and the increased trade with Asia, wealthy merchants and a new and growing middle class were able to afford furs that had previously only been available to aristocrats and the very wealthy. 

The best book I've read on this subject is Raymond H Fisher's The Russian Fur Trade, 1550-1700. (University of California Press. 1943)

Have reviewed you blog link in your signature. Will allow it to stand as it appears to be excellent work and well oriented to historical topics and discussion. Ntl, CoC and other staff guidance requires you to receive permission from the owner or staff prior to posting same. We do this to avoid spam and hacks. Please ensure in the future you comply. A failure to do so will result in your suspension. If you have questions pm a staff member for further guidance.

Thanks for your cooperation.

CV/Moderator
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

pdtoler View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote pdtoler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2013 at 17:19

Have reviewed you blog link in your signature. Will allow it to stand as it appears to be excellent work and well oriented to historical topics and discussion. Ntl, CoC and other staff guidance requires you to receive permission from the owner or staff prior to posting same. We do this to avoid spam and hacks. Please ensure in the future you comply. A failure to do so will result in your suspension. If you have questions pm a staff member for further guidance.

Thanks for your cooperation.

CV/Moderator

Thanks for the heads-up. Blog links are normal in the other forums I belong to, so it didn't even occur to me that it would be a problem. I want to be a member in good standing with this group, so I've removed it. 
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2013 at 20:43
Nonsense. Return it to your signature. We encourage legitimate bloggers to share their wealth. As a courtesy to you I will also place it here: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=24

Best
CV
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

pdtoler View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote pdtoler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2013 at 14:02
I've tried several times now to add it back, but the system is denying me access.  Suggestions?
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2014 at 11:14
Originally posted by Wadjet Horus

Russians are the descendents of the mongols, huns, enough of their rampage over the Eurasia already.

Konigsberg to Germany, Siberia to eskimos and Japan and China. Clap

Russians back to Middle East

Not really. The Rus existed before the rise of the Mongols. I'm certain that Vlad Putin would be only too happy to hand back Siberia to whom ever asks. Where is that Russian oil again?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>