Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pushy People ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PADDYBOY View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Historum joker, suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote PADDYBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pushy People ?
    Posted: 29-Jun-2011 at 08:05
Why do some people feel the the need to push their views upon others ?

Obviously, I can understand the need to convince someone who thinks/believes that raping women is a good thing ? needs to be corrected in his opinion, but what about religion for instance.
Why do some people find it so necessary to convince others that their faith is right ? Is there some sort of idea that the more people who believe in MY God will make MY God more powerful, or something ? And what about atheists such as Dawkins. Why do they find it so important to convince others that God is a flying spaghetti monster.......What drives these people and who the heck cares ?

The same thing with history. What does it matter if the English are descended from ancient Britons or from Germanic settlers. At the end of the day they will be the same people whomever their ancestors where.

Why do people care so much about whatever others believe ?

PS
My apologies to the mods if this topic has already been covered. Please feel free to move or delete this thread accordingly.

Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2011 at 10:15
If you ever do find the answer, write it down, sell and make a million.

I too find people like Dawkins insufferable. I tend to see bolshy atheists and and people who ask you "have you been saved yet?" in one category and people who say "ok you believe blue fairies are all around pushing the atoms individually and I'll believe the great Mu Mu created the universe from a piece of semi ripe mango, right that's sorted, we'll live and let live, never mention it again, lets go to the pub" in another category.

Being interested in history and even wanting to know what is most likely to be correct is one thing, actually caring about something that's been and gone and is unalterable is another.
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
PADDYBOY View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Historum joker, suspended

Quote PADDYBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2011 at 11:05
Originally posted by Toltec

If you ever do find the answer, write it down, sell and make a million.

True.

Then I'll use the million to find a cure and make a billion.
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2011 at 02:59
I think it's some kind of fear that makes people become pushy; either fear that the others would think one is stupid, if they don;t agree with him/her; or fear that one is not on the right track if not everyone agree with him/her.
Unfortunately such people invoke in me the reaction to be a contrarian, so sometimes I end up arguing and going in a deeper extreme that I had in mind in the first place. I'm bad in letting go, so I make a bad combination with pushy people, in particular when they try to bully me.
 Post Reply Post Reply