Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AE Forum comes back online

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AE Forum comes back online
    Posted: 27-Jun-2011 at 12:22
As you probably know I'm a computer software engineer, during the last months I was too busy with a great Iranian website project, so I couldn't be active in AE, the project was finished about one month ago and I wanted to come back to AE but someone hacked our website, we moved it to a secure dedicated server and this problem was also solved but the hacker didn't leave me, he/she/they hacked all other websites which were designed by me or could be related to me, one of them was AE.

I should apologize to all of you, especially Red Clay who was the real owner of AE webhost account.
unclefred View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended, Historum joker

Quote unclefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2011 at 12:29
Thanks you Cyrus and Red for getting us back online!
Sander View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Quote Sander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2011 at 12:31
Well done. Here we are again Thumbs Up
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2011 at 13:28
Thanks Cyrus and Red. Any idea who hacked allempires?
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2011 at 14:22
Any one of many brain damaged miscreants.  Though Cyrus is probably right,  It was likely directed at the other site.  However,Evil Smile It is a fact that rumor on the web is blaming it on a "rival website".

I am aware that the folks at .net were having a great time with this.  In case anyone is wondering, no, I don't think they did it.  But I do think that if anyone had doubts as to why we split, their reactions erased them.
At no time did I wish ill on that "other site".  However, that's not quite the attitude from there side.
Their "glee" at our misfortune could come back to haunt them someday.  AE has been attacked before, several times actually.  For them to act like it couldn't happen to them is just whistling past the graveyard.

Welcome back everyone!

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2011 at 15:27
I am alive again.Thanks people.World of dark and silence is not very good for me.Well done Cyrus.
PADDYBOY View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Historum joker, suspended

Quote PADDYBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2011 at 17:48
Good to see you guys back on line. Smile
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2011 at 18:03
Hope you stick around a bit longer Paddyboy. I miss our discussions on historum
Michael Collins View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Michael Collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2011 at 20:35
ah, back in business.
Is í labhairt a dteanga an moladh is mó is féidir linn a thabhairt dár namhaid.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jun-2011 at 20:46
Guess how I feel.

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 27-Jun-2011 at 20:47
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2011 at 06:51

Edited by Toltec - 28-Jun-2011 at 06:53
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
PADDYBOY View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote PADDYBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2011 at 09:32

Originally posted by Nick1986

Hope you stick around a bit longer Paddyboy. I miss our discussions on historum

Thanks for that and ditto. Smile

The fact is, I don't have a lot of spare time at the moment, but things will sort out in a month or two and I'll be posting regularly again. Then you guys will get sick of my bletherings.  LOL
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2011 at 14:09
This is a great website, its probably the best (history/empire) forums on the net. Is there a way we can attract more people coming to this website? every person i have shown this forum too has been really impressed by it!
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2011 at 14:40
Well, more folks doing what you are would help. Word of mouth is a strong source.  We are going to do more to bring in new people.  I'm working on some upgrades that should help also.  In order to power up the Magazine we need a larger Dbase.  Once that's back online I think you'll see a marked increase in membership.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2011 at 15:34
Allempires is a sleeping giant with the potential to eclipse all the other history forums. I predict a Periclean-style golden age once we have a core group of regular posters
PADDYBOY View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote PADDYBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2011 at 09:20
Fingers crossed then.
All you guys need is a couple of charismatic posters in here and the rest will happen.
You've already got a nice community spirit going and a decent set of mods. The rest will happen in its own good time.

Oh, and what Nick said.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2011 at 10:20
We have been there before. At one time AE was among the top 100 sites.  However, there is something to be said about quality vs. quantity.  And popularity also brings with it problems we don't need, like spammers and other Inet low life.
Another pitfall is complacency.  Even a long defunct site like Talk History, which I was a sup. mod at, could draw a one or 2 time online reading of 3-400 folks online at one time.  The owner, a former member here by the name of Stewart, got over confident and left it on it's own.  I kept it alive by artificial means for a year and a half.
Someone here mentioned that it merged with AE, not to my knowledge.  I tried to buy it from him and he just turned it off.  No reason given.

Unknown.
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2011 at 10:30
Originally posted by PADDYBOY

Fingers crossed then.
All you guys need is a couple of charismatic posters in here and the rest will happen.

A couple more, you mean surely......
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
PADDYBOY View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote PADDYBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2011 at 10:56
Originally posted by Toltec

Originally posted by PADDYBOY

Fingers crossed then.

A couple more, you mean surely......

Well, maybe another one, will do.

Don't want too many of them, otherwise the rest of us lesser mortals wont get a word in.
PADDYBOY View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote PADDYBOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2011 at 10:59
Originally posted by red clay

Someone here mentioned that it merged with AE, not to my knowledge.  I tried to buy it from him and he just turned it off.  No reason given.

That was me.  My mistake.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>