Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who's Your Favorite Basketball Player?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's Your Favorite Basketball Player?
    Posted: 13-Feb-2011 at 10:26
Basketball is undisputedly an American game.  However, very quietly over the years it has become internationally popular, in some countries, 2nd only to Soccer.
I was surprized to find out recently that most US fans [and some sportscasters also] were almost completely unaware of the high level of play in the Euro league.  This came to light recently when Allen Iverson signed on with a Turkish Team.

I have several favs when it comes to basketball.

Earl Williams- 4 Years NBA, Celtics.  6 Years Macabee Elite, 1980- 1986, finished 20 years playing for Koln. Aside from scoring 32 points in the 1981 Championship game, which the Macabees won, he's also a very good friend and neighbor.
AKA- Earl the Twirl.

Bob Cousy - [spelling?]

Sir Charles Barkley.  Big smile

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Tiger of Kai View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Tiger of Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2011 at 12:52
My favorite player  of all time - Earvin "Magic" Johnson.

My favorite active player - Kobe Bryant.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2011 at 10:07
Originally posted by Tiger of Kai

My all time favs. would be Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberland.  As far as an active favorite, I don't follow B Ball that closely any more.  I think it has a lot to do with the seasons overlapping.   
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Tiger of Kai View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Tiger of Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2011 at 20:51
Originally posted by red clay

Originally posted by Tiger of Kai

My all time favs. would be Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberland.  As far as an active favorite, I don't follow B Ball that closely any more.  I think it has a lot to do with the seasons overlapping.   

I definitely can understand that. Overlapping seasons can get tough to follow. Basketball is my first love, though. So it gets my full attention. Smile
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2011 at 10:47
Right now, my favorite player is the former star of the U. of Memphis Tigers, Derrick Rose, who now plays for the Chicago Bulls.

Favorite player of the past was Larry Bird. But, of course I was a Celtic fan for a long time.
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
bjanic View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote bjanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2011 at 09:46
My favorite player would have to be Jason Kidd.  He is not that star player of his team but a very integral part at that. I mean, he would not go out and score big numbers but the intangibles are there.  

I believe that good players are not only those who can score but rather move others to score and participate as well. But points carry teams to win so I guess that is what people see about it, really.
 Post Reply Post Reply