Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shadows of Amn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shadows of Amn
    Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 14:29

Anyone played it. I am playing it right now and it is wonderful. Great story, an amzing world to explore, alot of interaction and exitement after completing your quests. I am not very far with the game, but am sure going to try and finish off with that Irenicus fellow. The only problem is, only a majority of spells work on him and melee attacks might be zero.

Any opinions?

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Bryan View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 18:21

Baldur's Gate! Whoohoo! Great game. Irenicus... heh. A little tougher than the dragons. The key thing is to prepare. Have a lot of magic. Preferably some Level 8 and 9 scrolls as well. Keep some shield/barrier breaking spells handy. Also, use the Magic Missile spell to it's full potential. Combined with the right spells (such as Contingency, Spell Sequencer, and Spell Trigger (a suped up Spell Sequencer (it is a Level 8 spell, after all), and one of the best combinations to use Magic Missile with). So, what's your character? Name, Class, etc.

Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Suspended

Quote Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 22:25
Or you could buff up your front liners to maximum capacity and have your spellcasters continously dispel his defenses to keep him busy.
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2005 at 12:52

I am called Mad Elf, and i am an elf. An archer by class lvl 10 now. Not much spell fun, but nice short bow action with luring enemies into my trap with a single shot while under stealth cover. I have a +++++ short bow skill as well so it works well for me. Some mnor spells as well.

Jaheira, Anomen, Nalia, Viconia, Valygar Corthala, my sword bretherin, we roam the lands and kick evils butt FOR JUSTICE!!! Too bad i had to give up Minsc, he could have said it much better.

What is the best spellcaster, warrior ratio in the party? Too many spells aren't all that good, and without spells, a sword wont cut through magic barriers. And characters with no skills other than attack, aren't all that fun nor useful, other than Minsc of course, squick squick...

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
 Post Reply Post Reply