Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

home land of aryans?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
MediaWarLord View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: home land of aryans?
    Posted: 13-Jun-2011 at 17:07
Originally posted by archaiokapilos

I think that the people who spread the Indo-European languages did not belong to only one haplogroup ( like R1a1 or R1b ) and their homeland was in the Balkans (because there are not any pre-Indo-European languages in the Balkans). From there one group moved North East and became the ancestors of Slavic and Indo-Aryan languages, an other group moved West (Celtic-Italic-Germanic) while a third group moved South-East ( Greek-Phrygian-Armenian). The Anatolian speakers have moved centuries earlier (that's why their language seems archaic) and setled in modern Turkey.
How do you know there were not any other languages before the IE in the Balkans? The writing system was invented by the Sumerians only 4th millennium BC. Before the Indo-Europeans arrived whole Europe was already populated by other peoples, like the Neolithic farmers and before them the Cro-Magnon. Cro-magnon population spoke a different language and I think that the Neolithic farmers spoke different languages too. And many other peoples before them.

The Cro-Magnon migrated into Europe from West Asia.
The Neolithic farmers came from West Asia.
I think that the proto-Indo-Europeans emerged in Europe from the Asian minor too!

Before the Indo-European Hittites Central Anatolia was populated by the Hattians. The Hattians were related to the Hurrians and other peoples from Caucasus.

This is how Hattians looked like. Even today some modern Anatolian Turks have the same shape nose (known as the large Roman nose) :

The Hattians were conquered and replaced by the Indo-European Hittites from the east. Also the so called Cimmerians and other Indo-Euorpean peoples migrated into Europe from the Middle East.

Edited by MediaWarLord - 13-Jun-2011 at 17:11
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2011 at 22:22
According to Herodotus there was a tribe called Bryges (later know as Phrygians and Mushku tribe that overrun Cappadocia) from the Balkans that migrated into Anatolia between 1200 BC - 800 BC after the Hittites vanished from earth and the history books.
PakistaniShield View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2011 at 23:52
Originally posted by balochii

according to you from what you have studied about the aryans, where do you think there home land was??

personally i think it was located in southern central asia, north east iran, northern afghanistan, northern pakistan, Kashmir, and northern indian states very close to Himalayas(punjab, haryana,himachal)

That is where they settled but their point of origin is in the modern Russian steppes in the Caucasas mountain region along the black sea the birth place of all Indo-Europeans.

Sanskrit was originally spoken on the Caspian sea shores. The Sanskrit language itself has strong affinities with Slavic languages as well as Baltic languages. Balto-Slavic languages are very similar Indo-Aryan languages. The Iranic languages seem to be "odd man out" since they have lost gender distinction in many pronouns.

The language closest Sanskrit amongst Slavic languages is Slovenian because it evolved very slowly just as Lithuanian is the closest language to Proto-Indo-European due to lack of evolution.
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2011 at 23:58
Originally posted by MediaWarLord

Lol, that's crazy. At this moment you're asking from me something impossible.

And why should Greek (after Herodotus) historians lie about the Medes? And why would they change his text about the Medes.

Don't you think the Medes were Aryan people? For you the same parts and also in Greek language of antiquity.

The Medes were an Iranic people, not Indo-Aryan. They are said to split off into the Kurds and the Baloch just as the Vikings split into the modern-day Norwegians, Swedes, Danes and other Germanic peoples.

Edited by PakistaniShield - 14-Jun-2011 at 00:06
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 00:06
Originally posted by balochii

^ this map seems a india centeric to me, in reality the highest R1a1 is found in northern pakistan (hunza, chitral, Gilgit) and kashmir and also parts of eastern afghanistan and Tajikistan.

In india, south of Punjab the rates of R1a1 drop significantlly!

I think Dardic people of northern south asia have the highest rates in the world

North Indians are mostly R2 also called R1b2 though I prefer to call it R2. Most R1A carriers in India probably came from Pakistan in olden days and during independence when both countries exchanged populations.

Most likely all the R1A on the Indian haplogroup map includes such people but also probably counts people from Indian occupied Kashmir as well.

shikra View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote shikra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 05:13
Originally posted by archaiokapilos

I think that the people who spread the Indo-European languages did not belong to only one haplogroup ( like R1a1 or R1b ) and their homeland was in the Balkans

This is about aryans, not Indo-Europeans.
shikra View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote shikra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 06:01
R2 and R1b2 are different haplogroups. And your statement about R1a in India seems to be incorrect as well, atleast on the basis of whatever research i've gone thru. Please tell me on account of which research literature do you state that:

Originally posted by PakistaniShield

North Indians are mostly R2 also called R1b2 though I prefer to call it R2. Most R1A carriers in India probably came from Pakistan in olden days and during independence when both countries exchanged populations.

Most likely all the R1A on the Indian haplogroup map includes such people but also probably counts people from Indian occupied Kashmir as well.

Besides, i thought this thread was about aryans and not Y-DNA haplogroups. I know i made that mistake earlier as well ... LOL

Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 10:36
Originally posted by PakistaniShield

Originally posted by MediaWarLord

Lol, that's crazy. At this moment you're asking from me something impossible.

And why should Greek (after Herodotus) historians lie about the Medes? And why would they change his text about the Medes.

Don't you think the Medes were Aryan people? For you the same parts and also in Greek language of antiquity.

The Medes were an Iranic people, not Indo-Aryan. They are said to split off into the Kurds and the Baloch just as the Vikings split into the modern-day Norwegians, Swedes, Danes and other Germanic peoples.
I think you are confusing two different things. Aryans are Aryans and Indo-Aryans are Indo-Aryans!

Some Aryans from West Asia migrated into Northern India. Call them the Medes, Medo-Hurrians, Mittani-Hurrians or the ancient Persians. Those people spoke Iranian languages. And those people were the real Aryans (without 'Indo-', 'Proto-', 'Sindo-', 'Hindo-' etc.) !

Edited by MediaWarLord - 14-Jun-2011 at 11:09
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 13:25
That's the problem MediaLord, it's very difficult for any one to make this kind of separation between Indo-Aryan and Aryan. How do we know that Aryans didn't originate from the Caucasus and then split into both Indo-Aryans and Persians/Medes. Maybe it was the opposite, Indo-Aryans split up into Aryans both in the Caucasus and subsequently all of Europe...
Timidi mater non flet
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 16:39
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

That's the problem MediaLord, it's very difficult for any one to make this kind of separation between Indo-Aryan and Aryan. How do we know that Aryans didn't originate from the Caucasus and then split into both Indo-Aryans and Persians/Medes. Maybe it was the opposite, Indo-Aryans split up into Aryans both in the Caucasus and subsequently all of Europe...
Aryans from West Asia left a great mark on the world history and mankind. Aryans have such a legendary status because of the ancient Aryans in the upper regions of Mesopotamia and not because of some Indo-aryans in India.

My ancestors fought many great wars and won many battles. And people who try to confuse and complicate things try to destroy Aryan (Kurdish) legacy. They try to degrade Aryan heritage to a footnote in the history books. Or label it as fabricated.

I don't care what other people think about themselves or even about the Kurds, but we Kurds know our history and will honor our ancestors as long as we exist.

Kurdish genetics show that Kurds are native to their homeland. And it is a fact that Aryans lived in Kurdistan. Kurds speak an Aryan language, Kurds have the same culture and customs like our ancestors the Medo-Hurrians.
Every sane person can't reject the fact that Kurds are descendants of those Aryans (without Hindo-, Indo-, Pinto-, Sindi-, Shinto- or whatever) that lived in the Kurdish mountains.
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 17:42
You seem to be taking a quite offensive stance. I wasn't denying that Kurds are Aryans, on the contrary. I am just saying that we can't know for sure whether Aryans originated from that region and not another. Just because other groups might have Indo as a prefix doesn't discard the possibility of them being the origin, remember these are merely names that we later gave them (Indo-Aryan/Aryan/Indo-European).
Timidi mater non flet
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 18:15
No my friend, don't take it personal. It was not really written to you, but to the mainstream population on internet and ignorant people in general that write crazy things on other sites and blogs, come with wild fantasy claims about the Kurds and also about the Aryans.

I'm sorry if I offended you.

Aryans (Iranians) were not supernatural, but humans like me and you. Aryans didn't hate other ethnicities and cultures, they were not xenophobic, they didn't care much about they were blue, green or red. They were open-minded and were heavy influenced by other cultures.
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jun-2011 at 19:13

Actually, I just found something online which might strengthen your opinion that Aryans originate from somewhere near Iran and not the northern shores of the Caspian or India. Some of you might know about a russian archaeologist named Victor Sarianidi who discovered an ancient bronze age civilization in what is nowadays Turkmenistan. The civilization was named the Oxus or BMCA (Bactria-Margiana Archaeological Complex) and there is good reason to think that it belongs to Indo-Iranian peoples according to Sarianidi.

The connection between the BMCA and early Indus valley civilization (Harappa) seems to have been quite strong with an already well-established trade. Many objects belonging to the BCMA have been found in the Indus valley. Even more interesting, many BCMA materials have also been found in Susa, Shahdad, and Tepe Yahya in Iran, thus strengthening the theory that they originated from Iran.

Why would we think that the BCMA migrated to the Indus valley and not the other way around? First of all, we all know that the language of the Harappa was the Sanskrit which is also the language of the Veda scriptures. Let's also not forget the connections between Sanskrit and Avestan Zoroastrian language. Apparently, in the Rigveda there is extensive mention of horses as an important part of the religion. Yet we know that the Harappans did not tame horses. The BCMA complex features many tombs containing sacrificed horses which shows that they must have had a religious importance to those people.

Another important aspect of the Vedic religion is drinking of Soma which is brewed from Ephedra which does not grow near the Indus valley. Again, according to Sarianidi the BCMA people used this drink in ritual ceremonies, though mixed with more interesting components such as cannabis and opium Big smile

The only problem with this theory is that there are no written texts to tell us more about the people who lived in the BCMA and as such we still have to ask ourselves where Sanskrit might have originated.

Edited by Baal Melqart - 14-Jun-2011 at 19:18
Timidi mater non flet
shikra View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote shikra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jun-2011 at 05:15
Originally posted by Baal Melqart

You seem to be taking a quite offensive stance. I wasn't denying that Kurds are Aryans, on the contrary. I am just saying that we can't know for sure whether Aryans originated from that region and not another. Just because other groups might have Indo as a prefix doesn't discard the possibility of them being the origin, remember these are merely names that we later gave them (Indo-Aryan/Aryan/Indo-European).

WELL SAID Clap
sanjoyma View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote sanjoyma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2011 at 10:50
I think you are absolutely right. Still Indians feel themselves aryans.But it seems they are the mix blood of aryans and locals. One answer I wanted to know how Sanskrit the language came in to existence and all the Indian Brahmanism books and sacred books were written in Sanskrit and every where even in Vedas THE ARYANS are mentioned? Is there any connection between Indian Sadhus and aryans? Starting from ancient times to present. Real sadhus still live a rigorous life and even they stay a long time without taking foods.  
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2011 at 09:22
Sanjoyma, welcome to the forum.

Do you connect "sadhus" to "fakir?"

Certainly in some Indo-European languages today the word "fakir" has been used for years (in English at least), in this form "faker!"

Early Christianity was full of similar "holy men" such as St. Simeon / Simon Stylites.

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2011 at 12:49
Originally posted by sanjoyma

I think you are absolutely right. Still Indians feel themselves aryans.But it seems they are the mix blood of aryans and locals. One answer I wanted to know how Sanskrit the language came in to existence and all the Indian Brahmanism books and sacred books were written in Sanskrit and every where even in Vedas THE ARYANS are mentioned? Is there any connection between Indian Sadhus and aryans? Starting from ancient times to present. Real sadhus still live a rigorous life and even they stay a long time without taking foods.  

finally some sensible non nationlistic indian. Anyways yes you are right, indians (north indians) in paticular are mixed, however even the highest caste indians usually have a high amount of of local Dravdian/australoid dna in them, Before aryans and others invaded India, India was mostly Dravidian and Austroloid, thats why even today in south and east india you see a lot of Dravdian/Austroloid influence. Dravdians are a dark caucasian people who ruled india before people from central asia started coming, (Indus valley) was most likely proto dravdian civilization. australoid are a people who have existed from India all the way to Australia for more then 30000 years, they are a really old people. So Indians as a whole are still largerly of the two groups (Dravdians/australoid). However in northern india, areas like punjab, himachal, Rajhistan, you do see more of a aryan or northwest influence, you can clearly see this in their faces. Other south asian areas like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kashmir obviously have a lot of aryan and central asian influence, with limited amount of dravdian or australoid influence. However even in Pakistan, rural areas of Sindh/Punjab, you do see a lot of dark Caucasian people, most likely related to the original proto dravdians who were in the indus civilization area, In Pakistan many people are dark, however they are caucasian dark, not australoid. The australoid influence in pakistan and even western/northern india seems very minimal

Edited by balochii - 28-Jul-2011 at 12:51
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2011 at 14:22
Originally posted by sanjoyma

Is there any connection between Indian Sadhus and aryans? Starting from ancient times to present. Real sadhus still live a rigorous life and even they stay a long time without taking foods.  
That is a very interesting question.... 

Now that you mentioned it, very few, if any, of the Sadhus interviewed in the book had Australoid, Dravidian or Negrito features.  Rather, the Sadhus in the book seemed to be lighter complected caucasoids (non dravidean). 

I dont know if that is a coincidence, if the author just interviewed north Indian Sadhus, or.... if maybe there is an ancient connection between sadhus and the historical Aryan migration.

Edited by Cryptic - 28-Jul-2011 at 14:28
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2011 at 16:50
If modern time-lines (chronology) are destroyed then one could well ask the question; "is there any connection between Indian Sadhus and 'Arians?'", or the faith called "Arianism?", or even "Catharism?"

I will let the Roman Catholic church explain;

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01707c.htm

Just a Fomenko question. No insult intended.

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 28-Jul-2011 at 16:53
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
utkarsh View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote utkarsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2011 at 03:51
balochi ..
u r mind is preoccupied u havent learn books the land of aryans as per veda is called aryavart which is from gandhar in afghnaistan to vindya ranges of mountains in central india so better check ur history mate. indians r true aryans.

Edited by utkarsh - 03-Sep-2011 at 04:02
arya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>