Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ghosts and things that go bump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ghosts and things that go bump
    Posted: 01-Nov-2010 at 10:21
Yesterday was Halloween.  So I think this is appropriate.  My belief system does not allow for things such as the ethereal spirit of a dead person roaming the earth.  Yet, there are many who believe in ghosts because they think they and a lot of others, have seen ghosts.  I am not questioning if they are seeing anything, my question is, what are they seeing?

I have always wondered about the myriad hauntings reported across the globe.  The description quite frequently reads something like, "A women in period costume etc." Period costume? Clothes don't die, we do.  And just how do the ghosts aquire this attire?
I started wondering about this after seeing a series of photos taken in the vicinity of the Gettysburg battlefield.  They showed the image of a man dressed in a Union uniform performing some kind of duty.
There is also a famous photo that appeared in Life Mag. of a group of monks climbing a set of stairs in a cathedral in France.  The person who took it didn't realize they were there.  When the picture was analysed, it was noticed that the monks legs couldn't be seen past the knees.  What was found was, the stairs had been renovated in the 16th century.  The stairs had 2 feet added to them.  The monks were walking on the original level that the stairs had been.

I don't think this has anything to do with ghosts.  My opinion is that there is some natural process by which an event has been recorded and is played back repeatedly.  I believe the Electromagnetic fields that crisscross the earth are most responsible for this, not "ghosts".  This could also explain some of the things that are seen but never found, like the Loch Ness monster.

What do you think?

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2010 at 12:29
try spending a night all alone in a graveyard far away from a city, i can bet you 99% chance you will see some thing weird.

Edited by balochii - 01-Nov-2010 at 12:29
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2010 at 18:47
I lived next to a large cemetary[graveyard] Didn't have a lick of trouble with the neighbors. Wink

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2010 at 19:33
I would be happy to accompany any group looking for an out of the way old cemetary!

I would be more than happy to supply all of the Beef and Mushrooms, necessary for it to be a success!

If any of you would like a treatment, just inquire at "Opuslola@aol.com"
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2010 at 08:49
This whole idea came up from a discussion with several friends.  One idea is interesting, might we be able to play back history?  If in fact the earths electromagnetic fields have, by some manner, recorded events, couldn't we play back these events if we knew how this process functioned? 
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply