Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Baseball Playoffs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2010 Baseball Playoffs
    Posted: 25-Oct-2010 at 12:02
Originally posted by red clay

The Texas Rangers took the series from the Tampa Bay Rays in 5 games.  It was their first post season win ever.  They will get to face the Yankees and the Phills get the SF Giants.  Like I said before, I really want to see a rematch with the Yankees and the Phils.

Well, no rematch.  Both Yanks and Phils got knocked out.  Both series did go 6 games.  The Phillies just ran out of gas.  They were one starting pitcher short, can you say.........Cliff Lee.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2010 at 09:40
The Texas Rangers took the series from the Tampa Bay Rays in 5 games.  It was their first post season win ever.  They will get to face the Yankees and the Phills get the SF Giants.  Like I said before, I really want to see a rematch with the Yankees and the Phils.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2010 at 13:26
Thinking about that no hitter, I realized that I was lucky enough to have seen both post season no hit games.  When Don Larsen pitched his, I was in 4th grade. Big smile On the way home from school a crossing guard told us that Larsen had a no hit going, we left smoke trails getting home.

Hey Tiger, your Reds have the makings of a great team.  I think they are just a couple of key players away from "The Big Red Machine".  They need another starter on a level of Arroyo.  They played a better set than the outcome would have you believe, they just had the misfortune of running into 2 pitchers who are outstanding to start with, each having career games.  If they can tame Chapman down some he has the potential to be another Doc Gooden.  He's got a nasty slider he showed for the first time last night.

The Phightens are going to the NLCS for the 3rd consecutive year.  Just waiting to see who they face, San Fran or Atlanta. 

Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2010 at 10:41
Ummm, errr, At the risk of alienating TigerOK,  The Phils took the first game of their playoff series with the Cinnci. Reds.  In grand style, something a Philadelphia sports fan isn't used to.Clap Halladay pitched only the 2nd No Hit game in post season history.  I tuned in at about the 3rd inning and again around the 7th.  By that time he was in the groove and you could tell it was going to stay that way.  He could have gone another 2-3 innings and the outcome would have been the same.

In the AL the Yankees took game 1 with the Twins.  I really want to see a rematch with the Phils and Yankees in the WS.  This just might be the best Phillies team ever put on the field.

Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2010 at 07:34
Well, the Phills did it.  Nat. League East Champs for the 5th consecutive year.  I didn't look to see how the Reds did. 
Unknown.
Tiger of Kai View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Tiger of Kai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2010 at 15:55
My Reds' magic number is 1! I hope they clinch tonight!
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2010 at 08:10
It's down to just a few games left in regular season play. All the Phils have to do to clinch the NL East again is win one game. [Trust me, a Phils fan never takes something like that lightly, not after 1964] however they are 6 games ahead of the Braves.

Anyone here have a favorite?

In 1964, [before they had a National and American League playoff series]  the Phillies were out in front, first place.  All they had to do was win 1 game out of 10 remaining games and they were in the World series.  They even went ahead and printed the tickets, of which I have four.  What happened?  A classic collapse, they lost all 10 games.  The standard gag line of the day was that they were moving the team to the Phillipines where they would be renamed "the Manilla Folders".Big smile

Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply