Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iranian Culture

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iranian Culture
    Posted: 12-Sep-2010 at 08:23
Originally posted by Ince

I think Iranian girls Kurds,Persian,Afghans are one of the most beautiful in the world.  They have natural beauty without any need for make up.  I see many western girls who wear heavy amounts of make up but my cousins barely wear any and they are really pretty.   They have natural thick lashes and silvery shiny eyelids and lite dark circles around the eyes.

I once got told that I had femmin eyes because how my were shaped and how my eye lids look shiny and have thick lashes Confused

Unfortunately many things have been changed in Tehran, especially in the recent years! Ouch

Of course the important point is that women wear hijab in the Islamic republic of Iran!

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 12-Sep-2010 at 08:39
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2010 at 09:30
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

I think Iranian girls Kurds,Persian,Afghans are one of the most beautiful in the world.  They have natural beauty without any need for make up.  I see many western girls who wear heavy amounts of make up but my cousins barely wear any and they are really pretty.   They have natural thick lashes and silvery shiny eyelids and lite dark circles around the eyes.

I once got told that I had femmin eyes because how my were shaped and how my eye lids look shiny and have thick lashes Confused

Unfortunately many things have been changed in Tehran, especially in the recent years! Ouch

Of course the important point is that women wear hijab in the Islamic republic of Iran!

That girl in the middle looks damn hotBig smile
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2010 at 18:49

Those girls wear alot of make up Shocked.  I have noticed that Persian girls like to colour their hair blonde.  I just think they look more pretty without the excess make up, it makes them look like plastic with all that on. 

Compare those pics the one pre-1979 and the ladys were wearing less make up and looked much better in my opinion. 

I have noticed that Iranian women are sick of the Hijab, maybe in the near future women can have their own choice wether to wear it or not.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2010 at 18:52
Originally posted by Xorto

you should realy stop trying so hard to be iranian because neither afghans or you are. Afghans are of Iranic stock mostly pashtun and dari with some belutch in southwest. Kurds are iranic but not Iranian.
My eyelids look also a bit shiny the people say the same to me alsoWink.  

I think people on this forum know what I mean when I say Iranian.  Iranian is more widely used then Iranic, even many books it reads "Kurds, a Iranian People ...".  Blame the Person who started reffering to all the Iranic groups as iranian.  Smile

Edited by Ince - 12-Sep-2010 at 18:53
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2010 at 18:55

That girl in the middle looks damn hotBig smile

I think the girl in green, 2nd to last is hot. 

Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2010 at 21:03
Here are pictures of people from my district of Malatya.  The clothes do look very similar to what I remember the old ladys wearing around my village and sourounding villages.

This guys picture I found, who was born in a village near mine.  Oddly he looks simiar to me, with the eyes but mine has lite dark circles and thicker lashes and lips,nose and head shape are little similar  but my Eyesbrows are a bit different to his.

http://s.ytimg.com/vi/WksMnrh8wQg/0.jpg

Kaynak: Bydigi Forum http://www.bydigi.net/folklora-kurdi/340438-k-recik-k-rt-kurmanc-alevileri-ve-k-lt-rler.html#post24092

Edited by Ince - 12-Sep-2010 at 21:08
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2010 at 02:45

you should realy stop trying so hard to be iranian because neither afghans or you are. Afghans are of Iranic stock mostly pashtun and dari with some belutch in southwest. Kurds are iranic but not Iranian.
My eyelids look also a bit shiny the people say the same to me alsoWink.  

I think people on this forum know what I mean when I say Iranian.  Iranian is more widely used then Iranic, even many books it reads "Kurds, a Iranian People ...".  Blame the Person who started reffering to all the Iranic groups as iranian.  Smile

not everyone who writes a book has to be a proffesor you know what i meanSmile . And even than you should be more inteligent and don´t use itWink Iranian= citizen of Iran  Iranic=Iranic stock of language. 
Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2010 at 04:31
This is one of the most beautiful woman I ever see. She is a Persian as I see.  Thumbs Up

Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2010 at 06:29
Balochi People, even tho they are very close to Kurds by language, their clothes differ from Kurds,

click to unzoom
[untitled.JPG]
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MxQP-E8GdMk/TDBp_mu_5MI/AAAAAAAAAGA/9o7Sld96Qc8/s1600/Balochi-design-1.jpg

http://www.pakcultures.com/images/Car2008-BalochiGirl.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3090/2540325905_2d5b0ee7b0.jpg

Talysh people. Only pictures I can find of them

http://www.amoeba.com/dynamic-images/blog/Eric_B/talysh-nowruz.jpg

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/Mahbuba_Fatullaeva.jpg
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2010 at 14:39
Originally posted by Kanas_Krumesis

This is one of the most beautiful woman I ever see. She is a Persian as I see.  Thumbs Up

She seems to be more an anti-Arab than a Persian!!
Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2010 at 15:25

She seems to be more an anti-Arab than a Persian!!

No. She just introduce the audience with some moments from Iranian history. Here she talking about letter of Chaliph Omar to Yazdgird III

She don`t speak only about historic theme, but also about Iranian culture.

I manage to understand that her name is Elham Sataki and she worked for Persian-speaking private channel in USA.

Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2010 at 09:38
The Kamkars a music group from South Kurdistan/West Iran.

Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2010 at 10:03
Lori music

This one I can understand some of what the singer is saying,

This one is really hard to understand anything apart from a few words.  Great song.

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2010 at 10:16
I manage to understand that her name is Elham Sataki and she worked for Persian-speaking private channel in USA.

Anyway it is dangerous to be an anti-Arab and say these things against Islam, you probably know about her current situation?

The Board of Governors, the Acting General Counsel and managers in the Persian News Network (PNN) of Voice of America (VOA) have been sued in a $150 million USD complaint for covering up rampant and widespread sexual harassment at the network. To make matters worse, the women who were harassed, and in particular, the principal anchor and star of PNN, Ms. Elham Sataki, were then retaliated against by the defendants when they complained of the sexual harassment.
As set forth in the complaint, the reason for the workplace retaliation stems from an unhealthy sculture of corruption at PNN, where anchors, such as Ms. Sataki, are punished for their personal political views in favor of more aggressive, pro-Iranian freedom news reporting, particularly during this critical period in Iranian history. Indeed, Congressional investigations are underway concerning PNNs news coverage on Iranian issues, where 69 House members (and influential U.S. Senators) recently wrote to President Obama asking him to look into anti-American and pro-Regime rhetoric being broadcast by PNN into Iran, at at time when the United States should be more supportive of the Iranian freedom movement. The Washington Times recently ran an editorial characterizing the current V0A as Voice of the Mullahs.
As a result of the sexual harassment and severe agency retaliation, Ms. Sataki was rendered medically disabled and is currently convalescing in her native home of Los Angeles.

atropat View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote atropat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2010 at 10:11
I agree with dear cyrus!
In further, there is a big misconception, that always bother us, that's a stereotypy story:(We Are Arabian People!) while that's quite wrong and irrelevant! we have independent language, culture and race.
of course I'm not anti arab, the matter is ignorance about my country and my people!  

thanks cyrus!     
(sepasgozaram)

Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2010 at 19:12
Originally posted by atropat

I agree with dear cyrus!
In further, there is a big misconception, that always bother us, that's a stereotypy story:(We Are Arabian People!) while that's quite wrong and irrelevant! we have independent language, culture and race.
of course I'm not anti arab, the matter is ignorance about my country and my people!  

thanks cyrus!     
(sepasgozaram)

I think it's mainly because of Islam, that people assume iranians are Arabs.  I have met some Persians who hate Arabs and get angry when people compare Persians to Arabs, but I have also come across just as more Kurds who hate Arabs as well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234