Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Were ancient civilizations visited by aliens?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Were ancient civilizations visited by aliens?
    Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 13:04
We seldom forget that there were dark ages that affected different civilizations and caused a sort of regression in terms of literature and sciences. Best example is the dark age in Europe which would seem incomparable to Roman and Greek antiquity. There's no reason to think that technological/scientific development was linear throughout the history of mankind. Consider the case of the Antikythera clock which was thought to have been buit around 150 BCE. The technology that would enable us to built something of such intricacy would only resurface during the Renaissance period almost 16 centuries later!
Timidi mater non flet
PakistaniShield View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 13:48
The strongest point is that it's too coincidental that the stone "gods" that ancient peoples around the world worshipped resemble beings in space suits. The folklore of people coming from the skies is also too coincidental.

Alexander's accounts of shiny metal object in the sky shooting fire (probably lasers) and breaking down the gates of Phonecia or it's resemblences to modern UFO sightings caught on eye and camera but not on radar give these theories plenty of credibility.

The theories are legitimate, but highly exaggerated and often used to explain unanswered questions. Take for example the Egyptian drawings. Ancient alien theoriests saw the grey alien  amongst them but actually they were plants used by the ancient Egyptians for various purposes.

Skeptics also have their respectable opinions but they also have to admit they cannot discredit the evidence found by ancient alien theorists. I see myself in agreement with the ancient alien theories, but I don't believe every single ancient mystery can be explained by these theories or even religious beliefs such as Jesus being sent by aliens or any of that sort. 

Edited by PakistaniShield - 19-Feb-2012 at 13:49
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 15:02
Can you give me examples of such stone deities. I'm quite curious about what you're saying.
Timidi mater non flet
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2012 at 18:28
  A couple of many examples:

http://skepticalcubefarm.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/ancient-aliens-the-visitors.jpg

http://www.crystalinks.com/ufokiev434.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2d/Ancientastronauts.jpg

Edited by PakistaniShield - 19-Feb-2012 at 18:30
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2012 at 07:04
Originally posted by PakistaniShield

http://skepticalcubefarm.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/ancient-aliens-the-visitors.jpg

Strange, I'll give you that! They look almost like astronauts, especially the last relief which must be quite ancient if it's a cave drawing.
Timidi mater non flet
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2012 at 16:46
They are also from all over the world, not just from one civilization in South America, giving this theory only more credibility. 
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2012 at 19:33
Originally posted by red clay

We are missing large chunks of our history.  Who's to say that the ancients didn't have these technologies, developed by themselves.  Why is it easier to believe that "spacemen" gave us these tools, rather than the ancients developing them on their own?
About 5 years ago a group of college students, using only what the Nazca people would have had access to, built and flew a hot air balloon to a height of 200 ft, plenty high enough to view the lines. 
As for the stones used in the pyramids, a little guy by the name of Ed Leedskalnin figured out how they did it, back in the 30's.  Google- Coral Castle.

A balloon is plausible. If you throw a piece of paper on the fire it rises due to the heat. Through trial and error the Nazca could have constructed a cloth bag and heated it over the fire until it began to rise
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2012 at 17:00
Hot air balloons don't explain those statues or those cave drawings. 
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2012 at 17:32
Amen my brother....AMEN.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2012 at 19:09

The first one looks like a mummified corpse wearing a headdress with badages covering the torso, arms and legs
The second one is a tattooed man (probably a priest or shaman wearing a mask)
The third one is merely two dancers with feathers in their hair
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2012 at 20:02
Oh come on Nick, you must acknowledge that something is odd. Not saying this PROVES that aliens exist (I doubt they do) but I don't think your over-simplification fits.
Timidi mater non flet
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2012 at 19:32
My "oversimplications" as you call them are still more plausible than little green men. Just have a look at African tribal masks and compare them to the face of the first statue. As for the last image, compare it to the head-dress of this Indian chief:

General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2012 at 07:00
They look quite different imo. The picture shows a person who has some kind of halo or round spherical object on top of his/her head. Then there some kind of pins or feathers coming out of it. That's not how I would have drawn an Indian head-dress if I was the one living in that cave, that's for sure... In the end, I think it's all subjective really but you are right, your theory is much more plausible that little green men (as I mentioned earlier, I don't believe in their existence). I'm simply saying that these pictures look strange and I can't really recognise what they are supposed to represent.
Timidi mater non flet
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2012 at 21:41
You need to check more evidence in the documentaries before jumping to conclusions. The documentaries do present convincing evidence though they later exaggerate these ideas as the ancient aliens series progress into the third and forth seasons. 
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2012 at 20:04
What do the documentaries say they are? I still think they are representations of dancers or possibly shamans
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2012 at 12:48

Problem solved! Ancient civilisations founded by Inuit;

You don't need to be from outer space to wear something covering your head.

The human race is a wonderfully creative and inventive species. Why can't we just give our ancestors, and the ancestors of others, the credit for their own achievements?

Edited by Sidney - 26-Feb-2012 at 12:54
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2012 at 15:12
Originally posted by Nick1986

What do the documentaries say they are? I still think they are representations of dancers or possibly shamans

You need to watch them. However after season 2 they seize to make sense.
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2012 at 15:18
I had never written here, so I have to state that my personal opinion that I don;t push on anyone is that we don;t need aliens to explain most of the human creations, ideas, etc. There are things we cannot explain yet, done for reasons that we don't know, but there is no reason to lump things that have explanations /masks, hats, etc/ with those we have not /like the Nasca lines/.
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2012 at 15:40
Originally posted by Don Quixote

I had never written here, so I have to state that my personal opinion that I don;t push on anyone is that we don;t need aliens to explain most of the human creations, ideas, etc. There are things we cannot explain yet, done for reasons that we don't know, but there is no reason to lump things that have explanations /masks, hats, etc/ with those we have not /like the Nasca lines/.

That's exactly my opinion. Just because it's a mystery doesn't mean it's bound to be aliens.
Timidi mater non flet
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2012 at 16:04
You need to read and listen to the opposing points before judging what they claim. It is not that the ancient astronaut theory is simply claiming all the mysteries of ancient civilizations should be suddenly answered by aliens.

Read the books, watch the documentaries and then judge their points. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>