Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Games that have ruled your life

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Games that have ruled your life
    Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 19:30
     Mine is Age of Kings, I just can't stop destroying castles and massacring enemy villagers!

But I also like Battlefield 1942, it's a shooter where you can blast people with tanks, shoot down planes in a dogfight, and place demo charges on tanks. There must be some shooter lovers here....
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 08:54
Age of Empires II. Though it's not the best game I've played, it's definately the most 'classic' one (together with the Worms series perhaps). I still play it regulary (next saturday with some friends, we got 999 taunts ).
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 09:10
EU (both of them), Simcity (all four of them), Civ (all three of them), anno 1602/1503, and need for speed 
Arrrgh!!"
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 09:19
CIV2, which was the first PC game I ever bought, I came a bit late, and Age of Empires 2, which was mentioned in court during my divorce proceedings as the "guilty party".
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 13:32
Oh the Imperialism series, how could i forget, spent quite alot of time on those two as well.
I guess i could list AoK, as well, but i never played that genre as extensivly, sort of a brief interlude type thing.
MTW and RTW deserve honorable mention, even if i havn't had the opportunity to devote as much time to them yet (mainly through not having them as long).
Arrrgh!!"
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 16:15
Civ2 above all, still play it occasionally...Age of Kings as well...as for shooters, Half-Life, the Action-Halflife mod, occassionally Unreal Torunament as well (the original)
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2005 at 16:42
Hmm - when I have time it was AoK (as everyone else here) back in the day.  Most recent game is MTW, with the Viking Expansion.

And of course of the Electronic Arts NHL series (NHL 2005 obviously the latest one).  Great for mini-tournaments when the buddies are over!
white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2005 at 14:13
starcraft is the best. none better(little redundant, i know)
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
Le Renard View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Le Renard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2005 at 13:45
Hmmm. Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings
"History repeats itself because nobody listened the first time."
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2005 at 20:32
the Suikoden series. I'll also say Final Fantasy, Dynasty Warriors, and Shadow Hearts series also have a place close to my heart.
Dari View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Dari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 14:04
You all know that Age of Empires III is coming out soon right? Or Black and White II as well?

Dari is a pimp master
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 12:22
All Star Wars games, Dynasty Warriors 5, all of the Total War games i'm hooked on right now. But I like every genera of games.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote RED GUARD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2005 at 20:28
      Hey, guys. If you want to post the best screenshots you can find for your game, go to my other topic in this same section. I've already shown 2 awesome pics from the Battlefield series.
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Le Renard View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Le Renard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 12:38
New Game.... Starcraft.  a friend is lending it to me i am still getting the hang of it.  It is now dominating my life in terms of gameing
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 12:47
Max Payne, Supa and the best: Prince of Persia 1 !
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
SulcataIxlude View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote SulcataIxlude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 22:24
World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy Tactics, Abes Exoddus, and Rome: Total War.
giani_82 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote giani_82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 03:09
Used to be AoK:tC though i got bored with european units being recruitable for every nation. Rise of Nations is better for me, though Empire Earth II could change that. Out of the Total War series I'd pick Shogun.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2005 at 05:53

3 different games have ruled my life, each from a different genre

Medieval Total War, System Shock 2, Fallout 2

other honorary mentions, those that might even have been played more but arent the best of the best bestest best-ness (but still close)

Civilization 2 and 3

Master of Orion 1 and 2

Doom, Doom II, Doom III

Morrowind

Rise of Nations

battlefield 1942

Europa Universalis 2

Victoria

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 22:29
Age of Mythology, the Titans expansion pack pwns me I love that game... Its similar to Age of Kings, but much more interesting for the reason that it includes huge amounts of information on the mythology and workings of ancient civilizations such as the Greeks, Egyptians, Norse, and (the made up civ of the) Atlanteans.... Tis very cool indeed
Le Renard View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Le Renard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2005 at 09:51
I want that game, from what I have heard, it sounds really fun
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>