Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil waste has finally hit Mississippi!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil waste has finally hit Mississippi!
    Posted: 29-Jun-2010 at 14:00
Yes, dispite my unique efforts, there are now reports that small hunks of oil have finally hit the continental beaches of Mississippi! But, you all have to note that I did make the current tropical storm/ hurricane turn towards Mexico and S. Texas!

Hey, President Obama, where are all of those skimmers? Where is the tactical nuke that could be lowered into the sea floor and detonated over the leak?

I hope all of you just love Chinese and S. American shrimp and oysters?

Just looking for some leadership?

My regards, Mr. President!

I am just awaiting the steaming waters!

Edited by opuslola - 29-Jun-2010 at 14:02
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2010 at 17:58
You dont want the government to help others but you want the government to help you when you need it? Are you gonna beg and cry like governor jindal? HAHA, Mississippi is already taking enough of my money! 
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2010 at 05:39
Actually TGS, except for the Nuke, I think most Gulf States would just not like to be held back by Federal Regulations! BP would pay for the services even if ordered by one of the several states involved.

Just who said "Hey, were dying down heah!"
DreamWeaver View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2010 at 13:46
Good Work Opusola, but you after all only 1 superman
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2010 at 14:25
Just don't "tug on my cape!"

By the way, just why is a company now known as "Beyond Petrol", still looking for it?

Another; "By the way!"

Just why should Kagan be affirmed as a new Supreme Court Justice? She seems to agree with the Obama administration when it comes to making laws allowing the President to cut freedom of speech on the inter-net!

Maybe I will be able to finis

{THE PRESIDENT HAS DETERMINED THAT THE WORDS OF RONALD HUGHES, HAVE BEEN DETERMINED TO BE DETRIMENTAL TO THE GOVERNMENT OF THE USA!}

Edited by opuslola - 30-Jun-2010 at 14:36
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2010 at 18:46
Opuslola, you have no idea whats in the net neutrality bill. What the net neutrality bill does is that it prevents private corporations from blocking access to sites. For example, the bill would prevent Comcast from denying you access to certain websites at will, and will also prevent Comcast from turning the internet into cable TV (as in you have to pay for certain website packages, etc...).

It actually protects freedom on the internet, it will guarantee that you will be able to access whatever you want no matter which company you have your service from.

-------------

As for government aid regarding the oil spill, I'm actually against any government aid going to any part of the country that is against "big government".  Let poor Mississippi take care of this issue on its own.

You know whats interesting? A study was done in California, and it showed that conservative counties received the most federal aid, while liberal counties received no aid and actually contributed to the aid given to the poorer conservative counties.

What does this show? Why is it that all the Republican dominated areas of the country are the ones in need of most of the financial aid? Doesnt this mean that something isnt working?

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 30-Jun-2010 at 18:54
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2010 at 19:29
TGD, who could not stay silent, actually wrote this above;

"You know whats interesting? A study was done in California, and it showed that conservative counties received the most federal aid, while liberal counties received no aid and actually contributed to the aid given to the poorer conservative counties.

What does this show? Why is it that all the Republican dominated areas of the country are the ones in need of most of the financial aid? Doesnt this mean that something isnt working?"

TGS, since most Democrats always point to the Republicans/Conservatives as being the party of "MONEY", then just why would all of these "POOR" states vote Republican?

Hard to answer is it not? I guess you would have to argue that the "POOR" in these states is hypnotized by the "RICH" to vote for them?

But, I will just await your response with "baited breath?"

Edited by opuslola - 30-Jun-2010 at 19:30
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2010 at 19:38
TGS also wrote above;

"As for government aid regarding the oil spill, I'm actually against any government aid going to any part of the country that is against "big government". Let poor Mississippi take care of this issue on its own."

I agree! Just get your "big government" burocrates out of the way! Pull back the Coast Guard and their regulations, and the EPA, etc., and let the states actually facing the deluge, use their own minds, and devices, etc.!

No one knows their own backyard like the owners!

Keep the Federal buracracy out! OUT!

Give us "States Rights!" Let "Beyond Petrol" repay us, not other tax-payers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are able to do certain things without your help or the help of others like you! You are more like the little grain that bothered the princess, by being under her matress!

Irritating and mostly useless!

Remember, I worked for the Feds for 28 years! Maybe I know a little more than you think you know?
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2010 at 19:49
Actually it seem, upon my own personal evaluation, via investigation, etc., that my specific area has yet to see any of the virgin oil in our waters!

Please do not tug on Superman's cape?
DreamWeaver View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2010 at 03:32
So hows the hurricane affecting it all?
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2010 at 06:11
Off shore waves, etc., have caused the skimmers to retreat,and other small vessels to return to port at the site. Lots of rain and scattered thunderstorms, some nearby now!

Otherwise, nothing this far North! The East winds are a problem with moving surface oil our way. We unfortunately have the annual "Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo beginning this weekend, which it seems will be a big flop since very little "deep sea" is available to fish in!

This has been a very big event here on the coast for many years and this year it seems will be a washout!

Maybe you will enjoy this?

http://webmail.aol.com/32213-111/aol-1/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=1.26280318&folder=NewMail&partId=4&saveAs=theBPSpill.wmv

Thanks for your concern!

Edited by opuslola - 01-Jul-2010 at 06:27
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2010 at 07:07
Originally posted by opuslola

TGS, since most Democrats always point to the Republicans/Conservatives as being the party of "MONEY", then just why would all of these "POOR" states vote Republican?

Hard to answer is it not? I guess you would have to argue that the "POOR" in these states is hypnotized by the "RICH" to vote for them?

But, I will just await your response with "baited breath?"

This is actually very easy to answer. The people are conservative in those areas, thus they vote for the Republican Party ----> The Republican Party doesnt care about the average person, only personal wealth ---> therefore these states/counties tend to be poor because the Republican model of government simply does not work.

So they are not poor because they are  conservatives, they are poor because they vote Republican. This isnt the case in Democratic states/counties, which tend to be richer and more prosperous and actually have to give aid to the struggling Republican states/counties.

The Republican ideology simply does not work.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2010 at 07:10

I agree! Just get your "big government" burocrates out of the way! Pull back the Coast Guard and their regulations, and the EPA, etc., and let the states actually facing the deluge, use their own minds, and devices, etc.!

No one knows their own backyard like the owners!

Keep the Federal buracracy out! OUT!

I completely agree with you here.

I say that the federal government should stop giving any aid to any state that is against "big government" (i.e the South).

You have more to lose than we do, actually, the rest of the country has nothing to lose considering that its our tax money going to your economically struggling states thats keeping you afloat!

Stop giving my tax money to Mississippi!

Give us "States Rights!" Let "Beyond Petrol" repay us, not other tax-payers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BP will not pay you anything because the Republican Party (which controls your states) does not want to hold BP accountable. So you wouldnt get anything from anybody.

We are able to do certain things without your help or the help of others like you! You are more like the little grain that bothered the princess, by being under her matress!

Irritating and mostly useless!

Really? You dont need us for anything? Than why is it our money that is being given in aid to your poor states? Without us states like Mississippi would become like third world countries. We are giving you the economic aid that you need to survive, remember that.

Remember, I worked for the Feds for 28 years! Maybe I know a little more than you think you know?

No, you dont.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 01-Jul-2010 at 07:13
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2010 at 16:06
TGS, don't you realize I am trying to gain my super powers back? Your constant interferrence is severly limiting my recouperative time!

But, don't worry, I will soon gain my "super breath" back and blow the evil substance which we all depend upon, back into the deep blue sea! Where it will of course, cause no appreciable damage!

By the way, the group I call "Santa's little helpers", were back on the beaches, working as little as possible, removing little turds of oil from some of our beaches!

Gosh! They are only allowed to work 20 minutes out of an hour! I just hope these guys and gals can last over the long haul? After all they are making a very good wage for their type of job here on the coast line of Mississippi, that is $12.00 per hour! Since they are only allowed to work one third of an hour at a time, then I would suggest we pay them what they are worth, that is $4.00 per hour!

Locals are not allowed to participate in the clean up, since deeply oiled areas are considered as "off limits!" I would suggest these idiots might well arrest anyone who tried to remove these poisons without permission! Perhaps they might even shoot us?

Who knows?

The people with whom I share this little part of America, have had to live behind the protecting bands of concertina wire before! We were even threatened by the troops who patrolled the area!

But most of those guys could not follow their orders! They had common sense!

Edited by opuslola - 01-Jul-2010 at 16:12
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2010 at 22:11

TGS, don't you realize I am trying to gain my super powers back? Your constant interferrence is severly limiting my recouperative time!

Praying to a man in the sky is a super power? LOL

But, don't worry, I will soon gain my "super breath" back and blow the evil substance which we all depend upon, back into the deep blue sea! Where it will of course, cause no appreciable damage!

Sure, just go by the ocean and huff and puff.

By the way, the group I call "Santa's little helpers", were back on the beaches, working as little as possible, removing little turds of oil from some of our beaches!

Well go down there and do some work.

Gosh! They are only allowed to work 20 minutes out of an hour! I just hope these guys and gals can last over the long haul? After all they are making a very good wage for their type of job here on the coast line of Mississippi, that is $12.00 per hour! Since they are only allowed to work one third of an hour at a time, then I would suggest we pay them what they are worth, that is $4.00 per hour!

Maybe you should go down there and show them how to do their job instead of complaining on an internet forum?

Also, how much is minimum wage in Mississippi, $4? Yike?!Dead

Locals are not allowed to participate in the clean up, since deeply oiled areas are considered as "off limits!" I would suggest these idiots might well arrest anyone who tried to remove these poisons without permission! Perhaps they might even shoot us?

Who knows?

Go volunteer or apply for a job then. Go do something about it, its in your back yard. What, youre waiting for the government to come to your aid? Youre waiting for my tax money? Stop complaining and go do it yourself.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2010 at 13:28
TGS, just what do you not understand in my postings? I specifically asked for nothing from Obama but a tactical Nuke to close the leak! As far as I know, Iran or N. Korea will not lend us one!

I don't want to take a pay cut to work for the "team!", but surprise, surprise, it seems many of these so called "workers" have been "imported" to Mississippi! A lot of them, it seems are from Illinois and Wisconsin, etc., or in your words those states who give their money to Mississippi! Local Mississippi workers seem unable to be asked to work even though they are registered and trained!

Strange huh?

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2010 at 15:52

TGS, just what do you not understand in my postings? I specifically asked for nothing from Obama but a tactical Nuke to close the leak! As far as I know, Iran or N. Korea will not lend us one!

Nukes are federal property, make your own nukes and use them, why do you want to use the nukes that I pay for with my tax money? I dont want the nukes that everyone pays for to be used for Mississippi, if you want a nuke to use to plug up the whole, invest the money, develop the technology, build your own nukes, with your own money.

Originally posted by Mosquito

I don't want to take a pay cut to work for the "team!", but surprise, surprise, it seems many of these so called "workers" have been "imported" to Mississippi! A lot of them, it seems are from Illinois and Wisconsin, etc., or in your words those states who give their money to Mississippi! Local Mississippi workers seem unable to be asked to work even though they are registered and trained!

Strange huh?

Very strange that Mississippi that struggles all the time needs outside help...AGAIN? Not strange at all.

Ask your Republican governments why they have never prepared for such a disaster, even though they are heavily involved in, and rely on, the oil industry in the South.

---------------

I never thought I'd say this, but Opuslola, I 100% agree with you in that government aid should not be given to those who do not want it. Counties/states who vote Republican should have all their federal aid taken away from them..that means money for schools, law enforcement, infrastructure, health care, etc... and that extra bit of money you get which keeps your states afloat.

We should have a new census which allows people to indicate whether they want government aid or not at an individual level. Those who choose not to pay taxes should have their government given privileges taken away, and those who choose to pay taxes should go on enjoying the benefits.

But this does mean that those who voted against federal aid would may be left stranded to fend for themselves.

No big government!

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 04-Jul-2010 at 15:57
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2010 at 17:02
TGS actually wrote;

"I never thought I'd say this, but Opuslola, I 100% agree with you in that government aid should not be given to those who do not want it. Counties/states who vote Republican should have all their federal aid taken away from them..that means money for schools, law enforcement, infrastructure, health care, etc... and that extra bit of money you get which keeps your states afloat."

I hope you feel the same way after the next two elections! We will then take even more of you overpaid states monies and place them in our pockets! Yum! Yum!

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2010 at 18:17

I hope you feel the same way after the next two elections! We will then take even more of you overpaid states monies and place them in our pockets! Yum! Yum!

Well I thought you didnt need our aid? How about Mississippi, A Republican run state, simply refuse to accept government money? Surely there is no law preventing Mississippi from doing that?

Please stop taking our money. Contact your governor tomorrow and ask him to, as a good conservative, refuse to accept aid money from the federal government because its big government.

Just dont come back crying to the rest of the country when you realize that Mississippi isnt that great of a place to live when its reduced to third world conditions.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2010 at 18:43
And, when the "big shift" happens in the next few years, I would suggest thaat us backward, poor, uneducated, Southern States, enact new tax laws that mmostly benefit us, that is those states most likely to be not under the control of labor unions!

We could then, as you serendipitely suggest, pass "progressive laws" that whould force highly paid places, such as where TGS lives, with harch taxes, whereby they would be taken from TGS, and paid directly to my checking account!

It is called "Noblis Oblige!"

So, TGS, be "nobel" for a change?

We are watching you and we know just where you live! We only attack rich Democrates, that have not filed income tax for many years! Lots of current Democrat leaders have yet to find out how to do their taxes!

I wonder why?

Edited by opuslola - 04-Jul-2010 at 18:48
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>