Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When did Kurds and Persians first names use ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When did Kurds and Persians first names use ?
    Posted: 10-Dec-2012 at 20:28
hello everybody!
thanks god i am still alive and can read all these theories about  the origin of kurds!how unique we are  and how good we are unlike other nations!around us LOLBig smile
SAMAD-AGHA
Azadi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
retired AE moderator

Quote Azadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2012 at 08:29
El commandante over there seems to be a troll. Other than that, some good posts in this thread.

Edited by Azadi - 04-Dec-2012 at 20:55
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2012 at 20:00
I do not know where some Kurds get these crack pot theorys from. But I blame the Kurdish historian Mehrdad Izady who wrote a book about Kurdish history and connected Kurds with every pre-iranic populations which is wrong.

Kurds are Iranic linguastically and even on gentetical level near
identical to Persians.   

One of the most immediate observations is the similarity between Kurdish and Iranian populations, with both expressing similar admixture percentages (deviation per component usually not >1%). This suggests that Kurds and Iranians have common origins, with the former largely maintaining those ancestral signals despite moving further westwards relative to their linguistic cousins in Iran.

http://vaedhya.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/autosomal-variation-from-anatolia-to.html

I have speculated about the origins of Indo-Iranians before, noting that the evidence links even the Kurds with a "South Asian" component; in subsequent higher-resolution analysis, such as the K12b, it appeared that this component was related to the Gedrosia component. In any case, the evidence is clear about the links of different Iranian and Indo-Aryan groups, so it is nice that this can be madeevident with the ACD tool and data from the Harappa Project. Notice the excess of the Baloch (~Gedrosia) component in Kurds and Iranians in contradistinction to the Indo-European Armenians and Semitic Assyrians. It is fairly clear to me that the Iranian ancestral homeland is to be sought to the east, with the Bactria-Margiana Archaeological Complex (BMAC) being a good candidate for its location.

http://dienekes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/visualizing-admixture-differences-with.html
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2012 at 12:50
Originally posted by Ince

Those two posts are full of such nonsense that I do not even wish to reply to such fairy tail nonsense from some Kurds. Please stop it.

I agree fully.  The Kurds were the first people on Earth?  No, they were not.Big smile

These posts are base level nationalism at best.  Please provide sources, credible sources, for your posts.
I will advise you to read the CoC, Code of Conduct, before posting again.

Consider this an official warning.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2012 at 08:11
Those two posts are full of such nonsense that I do not even wish to reply to such fairy tail nonsense from some Kurds. Please stop it.
el Kurdmanjo View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote el Kurdmanjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2012 at 08:05
>Prophet Abraham(Patriarch Abraham was born south eastern Kurdistan and lievd like his family,uncles in middle of Kurdistan,he was probaly kurdish as well when you look describtion of Abraham,Moses and Mohammed (S.A.S) they had same skin colour ,hair shape like us Kurds not black not white or not yellow ,little bid Goldy colour vavy hairs etc.
 but most ipmortant where they lived and their family lived .prophet noah was born in Kurdistan and his Ark also stopped in Kurdistan on Mt.Ararat or Cudi .
 so we know Kurds were before persian or any other people here on the earth,and dont forget for centuries was forbidden a language and culture how can survive till now?if not that old and strong!r ojbas
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote el Kurdmanjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2012 at 07:54
Originally posted by el Kurdmanjo

i cannot agree some friends comment who wrote racist feelings,they do steal like their governments our Kurds history and legend but one thing,we will not let it happen.
now lets go:our Persians brothers,were gypsy tribes around Asia minor,they came to iran to live,its about 3000 thousands years ago,they did achemenids with Kurds and sassanids with Kurds also last after Kurdish Media empire(which strength from black sea to indian ocean) they  made a big emparor;The Kurdish calendar starts at 612 BC. The Median kingdom and the founding of its capital city at Ecbatana (modern Hamadan) was probably not before 625 BC that Cyaxares succeeded in uniting the many Median tribes into a single kingdom. In 614 BC, he captured Ashur, and in 612, in an alliance with Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, his forces stormed Nineveh, putting an end to the Assyrian Empire.
 Perians(50% persians,20%Kurds,15% slaves and 15%others) against to Alexander great.
  Kurds had history past about 8000 BC so 10 000 years ago,From Hurrias till Zelanids(Kurdish Dynasty who reached until eastern Africa to Zanzibar(Kurdsih ,Zengibar=black coast),one of the first emperial people were also Kurds.
 and Hitites in central Anatolia were probably Kurds(from language most close to Kurdish) who did first agreement Kadesh 13.BC in Acad language which was semitic.
 Carducies ,still some Greek islands name Carduk,or kardak.
 some people write that Kurds not southern maybe caucasian,dont forget this Kurds have not only one peaople(Kurdmanj,Zaza,Soran,Goran,Lur,Gur)and dont forget now in Trukish30%percent words are Kurdish origin which they call persian or old turkish.its naturally possible language get effects from neighbourhoods,like every language had this no language is pure.
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote el Kurdmanjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2012 at 07:54
i cannot agree some friends comment who wrote racist feelings,they do steal like their governments outr Kurds history and legend but one thing,we will not let it happen.
now lets go:our Persians brothers,were gypsy tribes around Asia minor,they came to iran to live,its about 3000 thousands years ago,they did achemenids with Kurds and sassanids with Kurds also last after Kurdish Media empire(which strength from black sea to indian ocean) they  made a big emparor;The Kurdish calendar starts at 612 BC. The Median kingdom and the founding of its capital city at Ecbatana (modern Hamadan) was probably not before 625 BC that Cyaxares succeeded in uniting the many Median tribes into a single kingdom. In 614 BC, he captured Ashur, and in 612, in an alliance with Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, his forces stormed Nineveh, putting an end to the Assyrian Empire.
 Perians(50% persians,20%Kurds,15% slaves and 15%others) against to Alexander great.
  Kurds had history past about 8000 BC so 10 000 years ago,From Hurrias till Zelanids(Kurdish Dynasty who reached until eastern Africa to Zanzibar(Kurdsih ,Zengibar=black coast),one of the first emperial people were also Kurds.
 and Hitites in central Anatolia were probably Kurds(from language most close to Kurdish) who did first agreement Kadesh 13.BC in Acad language which was semitic.
 Carducies ,still some Greek islands name Carduk,or kardak.
 some people write that Kurds not southern maybe caucasian,dont forget this Kurds have not only one peaople(Kurdmanj,Zaza,Soran,Goran,Lur,Gur)and dont forget now in Trukish30%percent words are Kurdish origin which they call persian or old turkish.its naturally possible language get effects from neighbourhoods,like every language had this no language is pure.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2012 at 21:42
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

These things have happened several times in Iran, about 1.7 million Kurds already live in the northeast of Iran, we still hear that there are some conflicts between Turkmen and Kurds in this region, in the northwest of Iran and the north of Iraq, Kurds have several times fought against Assyrians and Armenians and displaced them, of course the same things have happened several times for Kurds themsevles too and we see in some regions where Kurds lived for a long time, there is already almost no Kurd, like Shahrekord (City of Kurds).

I do not think ShahreKord has any connection to todays Kurds. There are theorys that it is meant to mean Gord also that it was refference to the Nomadic Lori tribes as the term Kurd was widely used for Nomads.

In the Mu'jam Al-Buldan of Yaqut al-Hamawi mention is made of the Lurs as a Kurdish tribe living in the mountains between Khuzestan and Isfahan. However, the term Kurd according to Richard Frye was used for all Iranian nomads (including the population of Luristan as well as tribes in Kuhistan and Baluchis in Kirman) for all nomads, whether they were linguistically connected to the Kurds or not.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurs

Richard Frye,"The Golden age of Persia", Phoneix Press, 1975. Second Impression December
2003. pp 111: "Tribes always have been a feature of Persian history, but the sources are
extremly scant in reference to them sincethey did not 'make' history. The general designation
'Kurd' is found in many Arabic sources, as well as in Pahlavi book on the deeds of Ardashir the
first Sassanian ruler, for all nomads no matter whether they were linguistically connected to the
Kurds of today or not. The population of Luristan, for example, was considered to be Kurdish,
as were tribes in Kuhistan and Baluchis in Kirman"

So in conclusion the term Kurds denoted Iranian groups who lived a particular lifestyle.

Wladimir Iwanov:"The term Kurd in the middle ages was applied to all nomads of Iranian
origin".(Wladimir Ivanon, "The Gabrdi dialect spoken by the Zoroastrians of Persia", Published
by G. Bardim 1940. pg 42)

According to Vladimir Minorsky:

―The vague and indiscriminate use of the term Kurd goes back to early times. According to
Hamza Isfahani (circa 350/961), ed, . Berlin, 151, ―The Persians used to call the Daylamites ‗
The Kurds of Tabaristan‘, as they used to call Arabs ‗the Kurds of Suristan‘, i.e. of ‗Iraq‖. Other
Arab and Persian authors of the tenth century A.D. mean by Kurd any Iranian nomads of
Western Persia, such as the tent dwellers of Fars.

A viewpoint of Iranian ethnonyms: ―Kurd‖, ―Persian‖, ―Iranian‖, Islam and Iranian civilization
azargoshnasp.net/Pasokhbehanirani/Iranicunity2.pdf

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:E1XVggOsmhgJ:azargoshnasp.net/Pasokhbehanirani/Iranicunity2.pdf+&hl=en&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShuIf7wLLs8-1stFCmN4s-UOAjWnhOizMPRSsWuhH3hRm5IWK66cuOHCn-qV3TVN2jk2yNjgZas72Ec__WzFXNjcT71KWTFeEjBJhWQCm0to8hmmf1kfk0dKmylo8XGcnzxInBo&sig=AHIEtbT7ez0loRBJEyt_aMVdjkGutxCA_g

Edited by Ince - 03-Dec-2012 at 22:40
MediaWarLord View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2010 at 21:46

My ethnicity is Kurdish, but I was born and raised in the USSR. When I was a teenager my parents moved to Europe (not Germany, nor UK). I’m living in Europe for 2 decades (longer than in the USSR) , but at home we communicated most often in Russian and occasionally in Kurdish.

I can speak and write Russian, though not on academic level. But I can read and understand everything. And my Russian is much, much better than my English.

I’m ready to translate some words, sentences or even passages for you. But due lack of spare time I’m not able to translate complete papers or pages from books.

My knowledge of Deutsch is just at the high school level. I can’t speak German, but I can read it and I do understand newspapers in that language.

Have you tried the Google translate engine (German-English)? It’s not perfect, but it can help.

If you want to know something, just sent me a private message. Good luck!

Edited by MediaWarLord - 22-Dec-2010 at 21:58
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2010 at 18:30
But, can you also translate German?
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2010 at 17:46
MediaWarLord, you have alreafy admitted that you can both read as well as able to translate, certain portions of the
Fomenko works!

So? How about it? Can you reallly translate the "Russian words", found in the works of "Fomenko?"

If you are really able, then, perhaps?, you might well help me?

Edited by opuslola - 22-Dec-2010 at 18:29
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2010 at 10:09
Originally posted by Ince

Originally posted by Xorto

@Ince and Medianwarlord Iam sorry that I attacked you a bit personally I was on my bad day :D

In fact Ince there are Caucasian traditions among Kurds were I am from Example they play Laz-Pontus type Kemence and Dance to it.

No problem,  I did not even see it as an attack.

Their might be some similarties to do been neighbours and cultural exchange.  But in whole still not much similarties.

It is my Friend. In Batman Mardin Sirnak and also Siirt they play this kind of Dance also together to the Gowend dance. This has definitly to do with Hurrian admixture why should they play otherwise this art of dance this is 100% like pontus one. When some Turks came on our weddings they even asked us if this isn´t laz dance. We told them this is our traditional dance and not laz.

Edited by Xorto - 11-Dec-2010 at 12:17
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2010 at 08:20

@Ince and Medianwarlord Iam sorry that I attacked you a bit personally I was on my bad day :D

In fact Ince there are Caucasian traditions among Kurds were I am from Example they play Laz-Pontus type Kemence and Dance to it.

No problem,  I did not even see it as an attack.

Their might be some similarties to do been neighbours and cultural exchange.  But in whole still not much similarties.
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2010 at 23:02

Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2010 at 22:27
Regarding the term Kurd and possible Sycthian origin? just a thought.  Could be related to the Scythian word Skudra? .  The Corduene, who were believe to have been Sycthians and were known under these names Corduene, Cordyene, Cardyene, Carduene, Gordyene, Gordyaea, Korduene, Korchayk, Gordian

In Darius inscriptions, their is a mention of the Kudraha, some say it refers to the Kurds and sounds similar to Skudra.

Edited by Ince - 10-Dec-2010 at 22:35
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2010 at 05:57
Originally posted by Zert

They remind me of Eziditi:

I have noticed that as well, Yezidis clothes do resemble Zoroastrians. 
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2010 at 05:53

@ Ince with his  comparings again.  Let me ask you something. Are you denying the impact of Caucasian tribes like Hurrians on Kurds you ultra Aryanist? And why are you only showing kurdish clothes which look close to Indoeuropean ones but not the one which actually look similar to Caucasian ones?  

Here a comparing from me for you.

Irish "Indoeuropean Folkdance" and Caucasian Lezginka 

Did I now proved you that Irish People are actually Caucasian?

My point is simply is Kurds have nothing really in common with Caucasian people.  Do they have Hurrian ancestory, yes.  But is as dominant as the Indo-European one No.  Izady was claiming the Hurrian part was more dominant.  Also please show me where Kurdish clothes resemble Caucasians?, and not Armenians, they are Indo-Europeans.  Please also not a small pocket of kurds who only range in the few thousand and could possibly be Kurdified Caucasians.   I showed those images of Kurds, because that was what I found on search and they are the most widely worn Kurdish clothes.

Irish dance might be a litle similar but no way the same and they don't even wear the same clothes .  Please don't even compare.  The closest people to georgian culture is Azerbaijan.

No I am not a Ultra-Aryanist.  I just do not see Kurds having anything in common with caucasians, but they do with Eastern Europeans.

Azeri dance

Similar dance and near identical clothes.  Azeris were Caucasians before the Turkification.

http://www.bangkokcompanies.com/Dance/AzeriDance1.jpg

Edited by Ince - 07-Dec-2010 at 07:04
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2010 at 21:19
Originally posted by MediaWarLord

I don't know how old you are, but you sound really childish!

Herodotus lived in the 5th (c. 484 BC – c. 425 BC) century BC.

I’m talking about the Medes before Herodotus. In the time of Herodotus the Medes and Scythians lived together. But before Herodotus and centuries earlier the Medes and the Scythian people were two different tribes. Cyaxares lived in r. 625 - 585 BC! And according the Herodotus the first Median king was Deioces who lived 8th century BC.

Together with the Babilonians the Medes overthrew the Assyrian Empire. Not the Scythians, but the Medes destroyed the Assyrians. Scythians were just a bunch of barbarian nomads.

Don´t ask me how old I am who is childish is Visible on our Nicknames. Is it realy that hard to understand, That Heredotus wrote the Medes were made up by Six tribes. he doesen´t talk about with whom the Medes lived. He says Medes are made up by six different tribes he doesen´t says there are some Scythian tribes among the Medes. He says 2 of the main Median tribes are Scythian related People is that realy so hard to understand?

Edited by Xorto - 06-Dec-2010 at 21:23
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2010 at 21:17

@ Ince with his  comparings again.  Let me ask you something. Are you denying the impact of Caucasian tribes like Hurrians on Kurds you ultra Aryanist? And why are you only showing kurdish clothes which look close to Indoeuropean ones but not the one which actually look similar to Caucasian ones?  

Here a comparing from me for you.

Irish "Indoeuropean Folkdance" and Caucasian Lezginka 

Did I now proved you that Irish People are actually Caucasian?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>