Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

World Cup 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World Cup 2010
    Posted: 24-Jun-2010 at 15:19
Originally posted by Mosquito

i do not agree with above statements

All the best football players play in the european clubs and there they earn their millions of euros. I do not say that WC are not important, but they do get much more for winning champions league or getting good position in it, than for winnin WC or getting good position there. Whats more, some of them earn even bigger money for just being a superstars and playing in advertisements.

The players from poorer teams do get opportunity to show themselves to everyone, but those who already are superstars and earn millions a year care more for their clubs than for their national teams. Winning or loosing in their national team wont change their position for better or worse but getting injured might cost them millions. And there were many top players in the history of football who didnt care much for their national teams or even didnt play in them. Also some countries that had a lot of very good players had problems with them, because they all felt like super stars, playing for the different clubs were not able to cooperate for national team.  I remember when years ago Holland had probably the best players from the best football clubs but they were not able to play together.

Let me put it this way:

Drogba (soccer superstar) broke his arm just before the WC, and before letting it heal completely he went out on the field and played hard for his home country.

Simply put, your argument doesnt really hold water.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 24-Jun-2010 at 15:21
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
DreamWeaver View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2010 at 04:38
40 odd years ago footballers werent paid such outrageous sums or who were in themselves massive icons and advertising images, even comparatively, so certainly then it must have been more about the beautiful game.
dave View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2010 at 03:23

i do not agree with above statements

All the best football players play in the european clubs and there they earn their millions of euros. I do not say that WC are not important, but they do get much more for winning champions league or getting good position in it, than for winnin WC or getting good position there. Whats more, some of them earn even bigger money for just being a superstars and playing in advertisements.

I think that there is a plethora of sentiments amongst sportspeople.  Some will play for material gain, some for personal glory, some for national pride.  Some will play for all those reasons as well as others.  Generalisations aren't possible when talking about so many people.
Maximus Germanicus I View Drop Down
Knight
Knight
Suspended

Quote Maximus Germanicus I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2010 at 03:55
NLDs  looks Good

GB vs GER I think GER will win but GB will play it higher level than they have so far-They need to let Rooney just be Rooney

US vs GHA-- USA USA--However GHA are some big dudes, it will be pretty physical.
Sander View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Quote Sander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2010 at 13:32
When I wrote this,  US-Ghana was  still 1-1  .
US plays better but Ghana  just scored 1-2 . 

Good  match to watch!
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2010 at 17:03
Originally posted by Sander

When I wrote this,  US-Ghana was  still 1-1  .
US plays better but Ghana  just scored 1-2 . 

Good  match to watch!

Americans didnt play better, they had many opportunities but didnt use them so didnt deserve for victory.
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Sander View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator

Quote Sander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2010 at 03:56

Netherlands- Slowakia 2-1.   Approve

Brasil-Chile 4-2 . Brasil will be the next opponent of the Dutch

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2010 at 08:56
BRAVO HOLLAND!!!!!! ORANJE kicked BRASIL out!
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2010 at 10:55
and now Argentina is out,
Azadi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
retired AE moderator

Quote Azadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2010 at 11:05
WC of the machines, individualistic football did not exist. Boooooring.

I just hope Espana wins, just to show Germany and Holland that skill, show and entertainment still is #1.

Edited by Azadi - 03-Jul-2010 at 11:06
DreamWeaver View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote DreamWeaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2010 at 12:45
There is no I in team and the Germans showed that

Well played Germany
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2010 at 17:43
Germany is the best team in the world. I keep saying this but year after year everyone doubts them.
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2010 at 00:38
well, Europe again confirmed its supremacy in football ..... and superstars from Brasil and Argentina who play in Europe and earn millions once again showned nothing... just like I was saying earlier ;)
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2010 at 08:17

well, Europe again confirmed its supremacy in football ..... and superstars from Brasil and Argentina who play in Europe and earn millions once again showned nothing... just like I was saying earlier ;)

Not at all. And Europe is not dominant in football, South America is. Brazil has consistently been ranked the number 1  team in the world. What you do not understand about soccer is that its become much more competitive than it used to be and games and turn at a moments notice.

Brazil was the overwhelming favorite to win the WC, and Argentina was also a favorite, alongside Spain (not Portugal, not Netherlands, not England, not France, not Germany, etc...), so I guess most people DO  think that South American soccer is still dominant.

Both Europe and S. American have won 9 world cups. Also, an argument can be made that the European club teams are so good BECAUSE they have so many foreign players (a lot of the best footballers in European soccer tend to be non-European, funny huh?)

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 04-Jul-2010 at 08:20
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2010 at 15:39
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

Not at all. And Europe is not dominant in football, South America is. Brazil has consistently been ranked the number 1  team in the world. What you do not understand about soccer is that its become much more competitive than it used to be and games and turn at a moments notice.

Brazil was the overwhelming favorite to win the WC, and Argentina was also a favorite, alongside Spain (not Portugal, not Netherlands, not England, not France, not Germany, etc...), so I guess most people DO  think that South American soccer is still dominant.

Both Europe and S. American have won 9 world cups. Also, an argument can be made that the European club teams are so good BECAUSE they have so many foreign players (a lot of the best footballers in European soccer tend to be non-European, funny huh?)
Doesnt matter at all what do people think or not think. Right now we can see 2 best South American national teams out from championships on the quaterfinal level and both lost badly with European teams. In the semifinals we got 3 european teams and only one south american - only because in the quater finals they met not european but african team. I bet that in the end we will have 3 european teams in the top and Uruguay forth. And FIFA ranking doesnt create the best teams, it all about statistics. Argentina lost 4 to 0, it wasnt even an equal game. Brasil lost 2 to 1 with Holland but played poor and brutal football, having no recipe how to win against brillant Dutchies. And after this tournament Europe will have 10 cups and South America only 9 hahahaha

TGS I understand your dissapointment but facts are facts and gentlemen do not argue with facts lol! Football its not only about having good players, its also about thinking, tactics and game strategy. And once again we can see that most intelligent are EUROPEANS!!!!!!

Edited by Mosquito - 04-Jul-2010 at 15:42
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2010 at 15:44

Doesnt matter at all what do people think or not think. Right now we can see 2 best South American national teams out from championships on the quaterfinal level and both lost badly with European teams. In the semifinals we got 3 european teams and only one south american - only because in the quater finals they met not european but african team. I best that in the end we will have 3 european teams in the top and Uruguay forth. And FIFA ranking doesnt create the best teams, it all about statistics. Argentina lost 4 to 0, it wasnt even an equal game. Brasil lost 2 to 1 with Holland but played poor and brutal football, having no recipe how to win against brillant Dutchies.

So by your logic, Asian teams dominated World Soccer in 2002 because there were more Asian teams in the top four than any other continent?

And after this tournament Europe will have 10 cups and South America only 9 hahahaha

I hope so, I'm rooting for Germany.

TGS I understand your dissapointment but facts are facts and gentlemen do not argue with facts lol!

I'm not arguing with the facts, I'm arguing with your logic and your ridiculous argument, which started off by you saying that "soccer players dont care about winning the World Cup".

Football its not only about having good players, its also about thinking, tactics and game strategy. And once again we can see that most intelligent are EUROPEANS!!!!!!

I agree with the first statement.Regarding the second statement, Brazil has dominated world football for decades...and they arent a European teamWink

There is a simply reason why European teams tend to be more successful in World Cup tournaments: They are richer and more populous countries, with a better soccer infrastructure. Once other continents reach the development levels of Europe, their soccer will also improve tremendously. South Korea and Japan have already made tremendous strides. The United States has a really fast growing soccer culture, and I predict that in a decade the United States will be a formidable force in soccer.

Even tiny Netherlands has 5 times the population of Uruguay.

Yet this has not stopped South America from producing the world best players and two of the world best teams.

You also do not consider the fact that major European soccer powers did horrible this year, including Italy, England and France.

France got beat my Mexico and South Africa, and tied Uruguay.

England barely made it to the next round, and it couldnt even beat the US and Algeria

Italy tied Paraguay and New Zealand, and lost to SLovakia, and got eliminated in the group stage.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 04-Jul-2010 at 16:03
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2010 at 16:01

I'm not arguing with the facts, I'm arguing with your logic and your ridiculous argument, which started off by you saying that "soccer players dont care about winning the World Cup".

There is a simply reason why European teams tend to be more successful in World Cup tournaments: They are richer and more populous countries, with a better soccer infrastructure. Once other continents reach the development levels of Europe, their soccer will also improve tremendously. South Korea and Japan have already made tremendous strides.

Even tiny Netherlands has 5 times the population of Uruguay.

Yet this has not stopped South America from producing the world best players and two of the world best teams.

Yeah, looks like those best teams are somwhere between #5 and #8 ;)

Lets talk about your logic.

There is a simply reason why European teams tend to be more successful in World Cup tournaments: They are richer and more populous countries, with a better soccer infrastructure. Even tiny Netherlands has 5 times the population of Uruguay.

CIA World Factbook:

Argentina - population: 41,343,201

Brasil: 201,103,330

Nertherlands: 16,783,092

Brazil seems to have almost 12 times the population of Holand :) Yet Brazil plays poor and brutal game getting red card and loosing 2 to 1. Hard to talk about greatsoccer infrastructure in Netherlands, they just got one good team but not from the top of European clubs (AJAX AMSTERDAM) and one or two average (FEYENORD and PSV Eindhoven). But it doesnt change the fact that dutch players for decades dominated european football.

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2010 at 16:04
Ok, you do not seem to understand, forget it, believe whatever you want, this really isnt that important to me.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 04-Jul-2010 at 16:04
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2010 at 16:15

Ok, you do not seem to understand, forget it, believe whatever you want, this really isnt that important to me.
well, sorry for using your own logic and arguments against you lol
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jul-2010 at 21:01
Unfortunately Germany has changed the meaning of "World Cup", some players of different nationalities play like Robots to just win, I think the Germans can bring their real robots, instead of them, in the next world cup!
OF course robots know nothing themselves and should be just well programmed to win, otherwise they can lose to the weakest teams, like Serbia.

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 04-Jul-2010 at 21:19
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>