Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boxing talk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shield-of-Dardania View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Shield-of-Dardania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boxing talk
    Posted: 01-May-2010 at 09:11
Originally posted by opuslola

But, a boxer can literally knock a man down and out for the count, with a well placed "body shot" with a boxing glove upon his hand! Or a kick to the groin or even the side of the neck!
You forgot the kick to the face/head. It's the favourite strike in oriental martial arts.

John Terry, supermacho captain of the England football team (ex-captain now, after his affair with the ex-gf of a close former team buddy came out - he's still captain of Chelsea, though) had a taste of that about ayear or so ago. As he was contesting for a loose ball, someone's boot hit him smack bang right on his jaw. He was immediately knocked out cold!
History makes everything. Everything is history in the making.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2010 at 14:23
As a much younger man, I was a big fan of Bill "Super-foot" Wallace, from Memphis, TN! He was a trainer for Elvis Presley, etc.

You might well want to look him up? Savate anyone?
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2010 at 18:19
Actually Sander, I thought we were only talking about the transfer of power thru armour, to parts of the body that would "shut down" for a while?

But, what do I know? Laugh!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
 Post Reply Post Reply