Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kurds are German?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurds are German?
    Posted: 24-Feb-2016 at 17:48
Np. the Kurds have a tremendous and richly diverse ethnic heritage afaic.

what I wont tolerate is extreme nationalistiv views that perpetrate hostility and disrespect for an opposing view. Iow. if a nationalist wants to believe Kurds are remnants of the Hurrians or the Medes (tho I could never figure out that one because anti Iranian nationalists always iforget who the Medes were)...fine. do it iaw the Code of Conduct.

I found personally the history of the development of Christainity among Kurds to be very interesting....but as a retired soldier I respect their military exploits as well.

All is good... as long as we remember that respect is the 'watch word'
otherwise...

The war dog from hell ie...me..will insure that it is maintained.

good luck and post often.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

ChildrenOfMala'Kak View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ChildrenOfMala'Kak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2016 at 14:33
Saying Kurds are Germanic is like saying all Germans are Germanic. And that is not true. Germanic goes back to the Aryan root again. All nations has has Aryans but No nation or Continents are Aryans. Its a race and not a nation. Just like Jews. Every nations has them, but they can't call them selves Jews just because they have them. That would be wrong. 
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ChildrenOfMala'Kak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2016 at 18:41
No,Iran and Persia were to different people then. Iran was known as Elam they ancient Iranian. Medo Perisans spoke Avestan or Ancient sand sanscrit. Elamites were black people. Elam was one the sons of Shem. All of Shem's children were dark skinned. 

Edited by ChildrenOfMala'Kak - 10-Mar-2016 at 18:47
Aeoli View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Aeoli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2016 at 14:00
Originally posted by ChildrenOfMala'Kak

No,Iran and Persia were to different people then. Iran was known as Elam they ancient Iranian. Medo Perisans spoke Avestan or Ancient sand sanscrit. Elamites were black people. Elam was one the sons of Shem. All of Shem's children were dark skinned. 

The man figure has blue eyes, hasn't he? His skin seems to dark as black people? Is it because of time effect?

File:Josephustable 3.svg 

I have read a book which was written by Necme Necefi, a female teacher in Iran. Even she was mentioning  blond haired-blue eyed mountain Kurds who didn't effect Arab invasion. Of course I don't think she meant real germanic blonds 

Blonde in Middle East are different. 
Blonde Man in Turkish standart

Blond boy in Germanic Standart

Edited by Aeoli - 12-Mar-2016 at 14:03
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2016 at 17:24
I have seen this speculation before. I believe the confusion comes from the fact that Herodotus talked about a Persian tribe the Germanii (with two "i"s, and some think this Persian tribe were the Kurds.

The "Germanii" with 2 "i" that Herodotus used looks very similar to the Latin word "Germani", with one "i" that the Romans used to refer to a Teutonic, Germanic speaking tribe, but there is no relation.

Some Persians and Central Asian did have blonde hair and blue eyes, tribes of people traveled back and forth (Greeks, others), but that does not mean they were of "Germanic" descent. There were Celts, Greeks (Mycenaean Greeks were sometimes blonde), and others. Slaves, travelers, [passing armies could have left genetic contributions of blonde hair and blue eyes that you occasionally see in these populations.

Edited by Historian - 19-Mar-2016 at 17:35
J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote J.A.W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Mar-2016 at 04:43
Isn't the traditional  'evil eye' icon usually shown as being blue?

Wasn't Alexander of Macedon reputed to be a blue-eyed blonde?

Weren't 'northmen' traditionally employed by the Byzantines as bodyguards/mercenaries?

Likely, there was quite a bit of intercourse, social, & otherwise.. over the centuries..
Be Modest In Thyself..
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ChildrenOfMala'Kak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Apr-2016 at 10:56
One think I do know is that kurds are nomadic mountain people. Or at least their ancestors was. That is the best evidecne of kurdish origin.

Even the word kur mean mountain I think. Living in caves in mountain. And most still do. My point is that you do not get tanned living in the shadows and in the cold. Its obvious its the lifestyle that creates these features. Same goes for all races. It got nothing to with germanic or Aryan for that matter. You live in hot areas for long time your children will be dark skinned. It was not all about Invasion. There were kurds later who settled in warmer regions later. But they originated from these mountains and caves where the was not much sunlight.

http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?PaperID=49273

The toponym “kar-daKI-ka” (“ma-da kar-daKI-ka”) means land of “Karda”, which derives most likely out of Akkadian “qarda” (“qurda”) for heroic, brave, valiant, and warlike (mountain) people. It was geographically located in ancient heartlands of the Guti(ans) in central Zagros east areas in Northwest Iran of today, and was documented in several late Sumerian UrIII sources at the end of the 3rd millennium B.C.E. from Girsu in south Mesopotamia. Origin and ethnic affiliations of the inhabitants of the land of “Karda” are not known. The term “kar-daKI-ka” was one of the oldest cuneiform expressions used by Mesopotamians to denote various indigenous Zagros hilly/mountain nomads of multi-ethnical origin in the North and the (North-)East, whom they regarded as warlike and also as uncivilized because they were at the time mainly not urban organized in contrast to lowland Mesopotamians. Available cuneiform sources indicated that Mesopotamians saw “kar-daKI-ka” in consecutive connection with Guti(ans): first, because of its location in the center of (former) dominating Guti power coalitions in areas of central Zagros (east); second, because of the image of its population as warlike, similar to Guti(ans) where (who) was (were) portrayed by Mesopotamians; third, because of further suggesting that its society(ies) could have been militarily orsganized, possibly migrating and temporarily prevailing inter-regionally (across the Zagros); and last but not least, because of its obvious geo-strategic importance even for far away late UrIII leaders of south Mesopotamia, regardless whether or not they effectively controlled the area which seems for the time in question unlikely. Mesopotamians used to describe the inter-connected ancestral habitat of various multi-ethnic Zagros mountain coalitions in a vague terminology, and in waxing and waning concepts who were influenced by changing policies. They did not see regions (lands) like “kar-daKI-ka” as isolated single ones in a far north-east but embedded in an inter-regionally connected habitat of mountain nomad coalitions stretching from the North to the North-East of Mesopotamia. They also used a good number of different terms in particular assumed Sumerian “kur”-stem expressions (who later prevailed) to characterize them accordingly. In linguistic terms, the presumed Semitic (Akkadian) word-stem “kard-” (KI-ka” is formally not identical with the presumably Sumerian rooted “kurd-” one (for Kurds, land of Kurds). However, the content of both terms denoting (warlike) Zagros-Taurus mountain populations of multi-ethnical origins seems to be strikingly similar. Therefore, the explanation attempt of “kar-daKI-ka” as land of heroic, valiant, and warlike indigenous central Zagros (east) inhabitants could indicate a local/ regional militarily organized autochthonous pre-IE (proto-non-Iranian) population, and could even possibly point to ancient forefathers of Kurds in NW Iran of today, interpreted as Zagros-Taurus mountaineers

Edited by ChildrenOfMala'Kak - 05-Apr-2016 at 11:02
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920