Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iranian Diversity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Emil_Diniyev View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iranian Diversity
    Posted: 03-Jun-2010 at 17:52
Originally posted by opuslola

Is this what you spoke of?

http://www.pilipili-miniatures.com/pages_NT/NT-02_pages/NT02.html

I don't think so!

I would suggest that the term "Attaman" or "Hetman", might well be more correct?

see;Attaman!

"Attaman, the title of the supreme chief of the Cossacks, now retained only by those of the Don. The attaman was elected by the people in a general public meeting; the mode of election was by throwing their fur caps at the favorite, and he who had the largest heap of caps was chosen. When in the 16th century the Cossacks submitted to the Poles, the election of the attaman was confirmed by the Polish king. After the secession of the Cossacks from Poland and their submission to Russia in the 17th century, the attamans preserved the same rights until after the insurrection of Mazeppa, when the office was suppressed. In 1750 it was restored in the person of Count Razumovsky. When Catharine II. destroyed the organization of the Cossacks of the Ukraine, the dignity of attaman was confined to those of the Don. The last elective attaman of these Cossacks was Platoff, after whose death the emperor Nicholas made the dignity of attaman hereditary in the cesare-vitch. The commanders of various other Cossack organizations in Russia bear the title of attaman, but only by custom and courtesy.

From the word attaman was derived the word hetman, in ancient Poland the title of the commander of all the military forces of the nation."

So, let's see "Hetman?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetman

Here we find these strange words;

"One theory is the word is probably derived from the Old High German Hauptmann,[1] with Haupt meaning "main" or "head" and Mann meaning "man". Hauptmann was a common military title during medieval times meaning "captain" but corresponds more to today's "general". The German "Hauptmann" deriving from the Polish "Hetman/Hatman" is less likely. The more accepted theory is it derives from the steppic/Turkic term "otaman". Due to centuries of contact, Polish and Prussian states were influenced by each other's military traditions (see Rittmeister/rotmistrz) and administrations (Rathaus/ratusz, Bürgermeister/burmistrz), or the fact that almost 70% of Prussian generals and commanders were foreign, and the majority of these Polish, though many changed their names to more German sounding names[citation needed]. The entire Prussian cavalry, as well as most of Europe's, was based on Polish, Serbian and Hungarian traditions, and most cavalry were from these countries[citation needed]. However, an intermediation might have been provided in Czech[2]"

Especially these words from the above!

"The more accepted theory is it derives from the steppic/Turkic term "otaman"."

Is it me, or do I see the word "Otaman" in the above? This is but a short stutter to Ottoman!

What do you all think?

Opusluola, I really cannot understand you.

What they wear is called Papakh. Originally worn in Caucasus, among Georgians, Azerbaijanis and North Caucasians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papakhi
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2010 at 17:50
Whatever makes you happy. Confused

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 03-Jun-2010 at 18:09
Molokane View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Molokane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2010 at 08:43
Being Persian is an ethnicity. Iranian is a nationality. 
Molokane View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Molokane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2010 at 08:41
Originally posted by Emil_Diniyev

Originally posted by Shield-of-Dardania

Originally posted by Molokane

Why do Azeri Turks look semitic? Are a lot of Caucasians of the Caucasus region home to semitic minorities having significantly contributed to reflect Azeri culture? I never understood why A LOT of Turks look semitic. Just look at Ahmadinejad.
Geeeee. I didn't know that Mahmud was a Turk all this while.Approve

I suppose if one uses the word 'Semitic', then by inference it means that one also subscribes, whether fully or partly, to the 'Shem, Ham and Japhet' theory of human ancestry.

In other words, if you believe in a 'Semitic' race', then it means you also believe in a 'Hamitic' race and a 'Japhetic' race. Consequently, since Shem, Ham and Japhet came from the same father, some of their offspring would have inherited some physical similarities between them.

Especially those who have lived for a long time, like thousands of years, in adjacent regions. E.g. the Iranian regions, the Meditterranean regions, the Arabian lands, Western Central Asia, the Anatolia-Levant regions and the Western Himalayas.

He isn't, hes from Semnan. Pure Persian.

This guy is another Persian with inferiority complex. :).

Wrong. Just flat out wrong. First of all, he's from Talysh. He is a semitic Turk. He even looks semitic. Pure Persians look white, just like you Emil.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 19:36
Is this what you spoke of?

http://www.pilipili-miniatures.com/pages_NT/NT-02_pages/NT02.html

I don't think so!

I would suggest that the term "Attaman" or "Hetman", might well be more correct?

see;Attaman!

"Attaman, the title of the supreme chief of the Cossacks, now retained only by those of the Don. The attaman was elected by the people in a general public meeting; the mode of election was by throwing their fur caps at the favorite, and he who had the largest heap of caps was chosen. When in the 16th century the Cossacks submitted to the Poles, the election of the attaman was confirmed by the Polish king. After the secession of the Cossacks from Poland and their submission to Russia in the 17th century, the attamans preserved the same rights until after the insurrection of Mazeppa, when the office was suppressed. In 1750 it was restored in the person of Count Razumovsky. When Catharine II. destroyed the organization of the Cossacks of the Ukraine, the dignity of attaman was confined to those of the Don. The last elective attaman of these Cossacks was Platoff, after whose death the emperor Nicholas made the dignity of attaman hereditary in the cesare-vitch. The commanders of various other Cossack organizations in Russia bear the title of attaman, but only by custom and courtesy.

From the word attaman was derived the word hetman, in ancient Poland the title of the commander of all the military forces of the nation."

So, let's see "Hetman?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetman

Here we find these strange words;

"One theory is the word is probably derived from the Old High German Hauptmann,[1] with Haupt meaning "main" or "head" and Mann meaning "man". Hauptmann was a common military title during medieval times meaning "captain" but corresponds more to today's "general". The German "Hauptmann" deriving from the Polish "Hetman/Hatman" is less likely. The more accepted theory is it derives from the steppic/Turkic term "otaman". Due to centuries of contact, Polish and Prussian states were influenced by each other's military traditions (see Rittmeister/rotmistrz) and administrations (Rathaus/ratusz, Bürgermeister/burmistrz), or the fact that almost 70% of Prussian generals and commanders were foreign, and the majority of these Polish, though many changed their names to more German sounding names[citation needed]. The entire Prussian cavalry, as well as most of Europe's, was based on Polish, Serbian and Hungarian traditions, and most cavalry were from these countries[citation needed]. However, an intermediation might have been provided in Czech[2]"

Especially these words from the above!

"The more accepted theory is it derives from the steppic/Turkic term "otaman"."

Is it me, or do I see the word "Otaman" in the above? This is but a short stutter to Ottoman!

What do you all think?

Edited by opuslola - 02-Jun-2010 at 20:00
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 19:23
Originally posted by opuslola

http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php?topic=2043.0

Emil!

Did you look at the tenth post? From Lisa?

"Alexis in the uniform of theLife-Guards Atamanskiy Regiment"

Yes? Cossacks and Russian army copied the hat they used/use during their war against local tribes in Caucasus, wich inspired them. You can never see such hat and dress among Russians before 18th century. If you wonder how real Cossack outfit looked like, look at Ukrainian Cossacks.

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 02-Jun-2010 at 19:26
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 19:20
Originally posted by Shield-of-Dardania

Why do Azeri Turks look semitic? Are a lot of Caucasians of the Caucasus region home to semitic minorities having significantly contributed to reflect Azeri culture? I never understood why A LOT of Turks look semitic. Just look at Ahmadinejad.

I suppose if one uses the word 'Semitic', then by inference it means that one also subscribes, whether fully or partly, to the 'Shem, Ham and Japhet' theory of human ancestry.

In other words, if you believe in a 'Semitic' race', then it means you also believe in a 'Hamitic' race and a 'Japhetic' race. Consequently, since Shem, Ham and Japhet came from the same father, some of their offspring would have inherited some physical similarities between them.

Especially those who have lived for a long time, like thousands of years, in adjacent regions. E.g. the Iranian regions, the Meditterranean regions, the Arabian lands, Western Central Asia, the Anatolia-Levant regions and the Western Himalayas.

He isn't, hes from Semnan. Pure Persian.

This guy is another Persian with inferiority complex. :).

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 02-Jun-2010 at 19:30
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 19:06

Emil!

Did you look at the tenth post? From Lisa?

"Alexis in the uniform of theLife-Guards Atamanskiy Regiment"

Edited by opuslola - 02-Jun-2010 at 19:08
Shield-of-Dardania View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Suspended

Quote Shield-of-Dardania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 18:35

Edited by Shield-of-Dardania - 02-Jun-2010 at 18:54
History makes everything. Everything is history in the making.
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 15:11

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 02-Jun-2010 at 15:18
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 15:07
Cossacks copied it from us. :). Including their dress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papakhi

Papakha (Georgian: ფაფახი pʰɑpʰɑxi; Ukrainian: папаха; Russian: папа́ха ; Azerbaijani: papakh papakha) is a male wool hat worn throughout the Caucasus.

" were introduced to the Russian army following the campaigns in the Caucasus mountains, becoming an official part of the uniform in 1855 for the Cossacks, and, later, for the rest of the cavalry."

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 02-Jun-2010 at 15:09
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 14:04
"That is Papaq. Unique of Azerbaijan, worn by every regular people."

And, I will suggest that it is merely a version of the famous hat worn by the Cossacks! Special black woolen hats, set of the Cossacks from other military units!

One example;

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/kuban-cossack-uniform-sheepskin-hat-papakha-2

Please take the time to look at all of the examples here?

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 02-Jun-2010 at 14:13
Molokane View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Molokane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 11:59
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2010 at 19:53
Originally posted by Kanas_Krumesis

My friend, I`m talking about large period of time. Thousands of years. Persians are under Burqa from 1979, and Azerbajan was a republic for short in 1918. Republic is not 100 % progressive government form. Even today UK and over a half countries in Europe are a Constitutional Monarchy. Democracy is something relatively. In many cases people have a right to vote, but they are discriminated and lived a poor life. I remember the communism.  

Political statement is something different from cultural tradition.

You fail to see something, it was also a secular and democratic one, and the first being such in Muslim world. That is the point, not it being a Republic.

Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2010 at 19:49
Opusluola, what are you talking about? Confused

That is Papaq. Unique of Azerbaijan, worn by every regular people.

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 30-May-2010 at 22:14
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2010 at 16:48
This may be my bad?, but the head gear is nothing less nor more than the same gear worn in years past by "those who wore them!"

I will leave it to some of you, who are from such a society, to fill in the "blank?"

It has to do with a very special lamb, or goat? The hair is not dyed or mixted with lessor wool! Any one who had one of these on their heads, was a member of a very special group!

The group, and the lamb, etc., are all part of a very important part of our history, that has been "forgotten!"

There is an old name for them, however?

In otherwords, these were not "Afros!"

I have given all of you some hints! I.e,, a special goat or lamb, etc.? And a very special group who were allowed to wear such a "Head gear!"

For just what special group, and or Lamb, am I referring to?

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 30-May-2010 at 16:57
Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2010 at 15:06
My friend, I`m talking about large period of time. Thousands of years. Persians are under Burqa from 1979, and Azerbajan was a republic for short in 1918. Republic is not 100 % progressive government form. Even today UK and over a half countries in Europe are a Constitutional Monarchy. Democracy is something relatively. In many cases people have a right to vote, but they are discriminated and lived a poor life. I remember the communism.  

Political statement is something different from cultural tradition.

Edited by Kanas_Krumesis - 30-May-2010 at 15:07
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2010 at 14:52
Originally posted by Kanas_Krumesis

The only thing which make you a Turk is the langauge. If you are not agree just go to Central Asia or Siberia and compare. Iranic culture, art, stile, literature, creativity, maths, music is well-known to the world. I don`t think that countries like Ottoman empire can boast with such a stuff. They just copy Persians and others. They themselves admit it. This ancestral artistry in Safura`s family is not an accident to me.
Bulgaria gave it`s 12 points to Safura, but unfortunately she can`t win. Don`t care, because everybody knows that Eurovision is all rigged and not objective Wink

Care to elobrate? Or do you read my post? Azerbaijan were the first nation in Muslim and Turkic world to form a democratic and secular Republic, and actually a Republic. The first theatre Turkic and of Muslim world and many other things...When Persians were under Burqa.

We created such pieces: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDorT39bwSU

So I don't know what your really talking about. And even now, Iran is a sharia country ruled by Mollahs.

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 30-May-2010 at 14:55
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2010 at 14:40
My bad, that picture is not of Azeri but Tati. They are a people of Azerbaijan with "Persian" origin.

Among so many pictures, its natural to mix some.

? Russians refered to Azeris as Caucasian Tatars, as they distinguished us from Iranian Muslims.

You may also want to see the other pictures I posted.

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 30-May-2010 at 14:49
Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2010 at 13:56
Dear Emil_Diniyev, I`m really surprised why you so hardly try to deny your Iranic roots? For the Russians in 19th century there was no doubt about Iranic roots of people from Azerbajan. I`ll remind you this excellent photo posted from you of Azeri male with traditional dress. I`m sure we both understand Russian and can read the inscription below. It is: "Caucasian type" on left and after this "a Persian" on right. 

Originally posted by Emil_Diniyev

The only thing which make you a Turk is the langauge. If you are not agree just go to Central Asia or Siberia and compare. Iranic culture, art, stile, literature, creativity, maths, music is well-known to the world. I don`t think that countries like Ottoman empire can boast with such a stuff. They just copy Persians and others. They themselves admit it. This ancestral artistry in Safura`s family is not an accident to me.
Bulgaria gave it`s 12 points to Safura, but unfortunately she can`t win. Don`t care, because everybody knows that Eurovision is all rigged and not objective Wink

Edited by Kanas_Krumesis - 30-May-2010 at 14:40
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>