Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iranian Languages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iranian Languages
    Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 17:09
Hey kalhur, heres a Zaza song.  See if you can understand much.  I can only pick up a few words and the Zaza only live a few miles from my village I was born in.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Garudaa#p/f/0/fVjL_muy6vM

Edited by Ince - 22-Apr-2010 at 17:10
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 17:28
ha ha  not much i could understandShocked, but when sewan perwer singing i understand nearly 90%. 
try masod azizi on you tube he is singing in kalhuri , then tell me how much you understand of his songsBig smile
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 17:36
Originally posted by kalhur

ha ha  not much i could understandShocked, but when sewan perwer singing i understand nearly 90%. 
try masod azizi on you tube he is singing in kalhuri , then tell me how much you understand of his songsBig smile

I can pick up many words.  I can understand Sorani more but I can pick up a lot of words tho.  it might be the accent difference.  I have a hard time understanding Gorani,Hawramni.

My Kurdish is not great that either, I can barely speak it. but can understand it Ok but not all.

Edited by Ince - 22-Apr-2010 at 17:37
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 17:49
Hey Kalhur.  Heres Sivan Perwer singing in Zaza.  I did not know what Xime Xime meant, I asked my mother she said it means something like "What do you mean".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj45NH9EMcs
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 17:51
we had a very odd dialect in my tribeBig smile, but i love it. i understand  very much gorani and hawaramani too. i love dialect of senna and hawrami .
 they have very talented musician like mez-her xaleqi  he is absolutely my favourite. kamkaran,too and rojan also and many many others. i listen asmuch to kurdish music and some time more than persian. and kurmanji only few i know like sewan perwer i understand his songs very well. it is real fun to listen to music of different kurdish dialects

Edited by kalhur - 22-Apr-2010 at 17:56
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 18:02

we had a very odd dialect in my tribeBig smile, but i love it. i understand  very much gorani and hawaramani too. i love dialect of senna and hawrami .
 they have very talented musician like mez-her xaleqi  he is absolutely my favourite. kamaran,too and rojan also and many many others. i listen asmuch to kurdish music and some time more than persian. and kurmanji only few i know like sewan perwer i understand his songs very well. it is real fun to listen to music of different kurdish dialects

I listen to a lot of Kurdish music as well.  I don't understand Gorani and Hawrmani much but I still like the music.  I even listen to some Persian music as it sounds familiar as well.

Heres a few Kurmanji songs that are my favs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24yfKrjFZBU (I know some persians who like this and can understand some of it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwwGHlR2qVM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG6TkbsNb04
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 18:12
i can't open your  web links any longer  please writh the name i can search on youtube 
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 18:21

i can't open your  web links any longer  please writh the name i can search on youtube 

Here you go

Diyar - Serin Serin
Diyar - Leyla
Kurdish Music- Agir Ketyê Dilemin (Izzet Yildizhan)

Edited by Ince - 22-Apr-2010 at 18:23
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 18:35
Kalhur, you should see this, Kuramnji Comedy Big smile

kurmanji comedy part1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6WzxmvMavY
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 18:39
 agir ketye dilimen
haha  wa kalhuri bood 
ager kaftie wa deli men
shirin nawie duywate mene= my daughter's name is shirin. ha ha

Edited by kalhur - 22-Apr-2010 at 18:46
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 18:45
we may should ask cyrus for making a music corner for all iranian and iranic folklores and songs.  from every corner of iran  and  kurdestan, afganestan . tajikestan . uzbakestan azari, kavkas . it would be very nice !
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2010 at 18:48

we may should ask cyrus for making a music corner for all iranian and iranic folklores and songs.  from every corner of iran  and  kurdestan, afganestan . tajikestan . uzbakestan azari, kavkas . it would be very nice !

I don't think he will do that as this is a history forum.  But it would be good tho.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2010 at 16:59
Does anyone know if the Kurdish words for father "Bova" and the word for Daughter "Keca" is iranian in origin? or is it from another langauge?
Shield-of-Dardania View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Suspended

Quote Shield-of-Dardania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2010 at 10:10

Tajik girls are beautiful, I think. Don't know bout their music.

History makes everything. Everything is history in the making.
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2010 at 13:58
Originally posted by Ince

Does anyone know if the Kurdish words for father "Bova" and the word for Daughter "Keca" is iranian in origin? or is it from another langauge?

Bova sounds like papa or baba the slang for father in many langugages I don't think that the actual word for father in Kurdish

Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2010 at 13:59
Originally posted by Shield-of-Dardania

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR1kQxhC01M&sns=em

kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2010 at 14:03
Originally posted by Miller

Originally posted by Shield-of-Dardania

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR1kQxhC01M&sns=em 
the music is not as important as beauty of ladiesWinkLOL

kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2010 at 14:43
what about this nice uzbaki song 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOL614AifXc

Edited by kalhur - 01-May-2010 at 14:55
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2010 at 16:54
Originally posted by Miller

Originally posted by Ince

Bova sounds like papa or baba the slang for father in many langugages I don't think that the actual word for father in Kurdish

It is the word for father in Kurdish, in Kuramanji and Sorani and I think Gorani as well.   It's actually Bov but some say Bova.  Could of been from the Hurrians, some claim Kurdish has some influence from the Hurrian language.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2010 at 10:40

I think Miller is right about the Kurdish word for "father", that is similar to Luri "Boa" and Arabic "Baba" but the word for daughter, as I mentioned in this thread: Kurds are German?:

In Greek gyne means "woman" but in Kurdish that is jin/zjin, in Persian zan and Slavic zena but in Germanic that is kwen/ken (English queen), so like several other words, "g" has been changed to "k" in the Germanic languages, but does "ken" mean "woman" in the Iranian languages too?

The original Hewrami/Gorani word for "daughter" is "Kenacha" ("Ken"=woman + diminutive suffix "cha"), that is similar to Sistani Kenja (Young girl, daughter), Tati/Talysh Kina (little gril, daughter), Gilaki/Mazandarani Kija (daughter), Bojnurdi Khorasani Kechek, Sorani Kizj, ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>