Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kurdish ancestry: what is true, and what isn't?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 22232425>
Author
MediaWarLord View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurdish ancestry: what is true, and what isn't?
    Posted: 23-Jan-2011 at 22:22
2001? I used the old source to indicate the duration (time) of the problem. It started decates ago.

I'm not a liar. Why should I lie? I'm not from Armenia.

In the year of 2011 (ten years later), there're not much Yezidi Kurds left in Armenia (and Georgia). I don't have exact numbers though. And the Armenian government is still surppressing the Kurds.

Btw, those Yezidis who protect the Armenian government are the same who claim that Yezidis aren't Kurds. They're a minority, we call such people 'Jash' = little donkies = traitors.

Kurds have a lot Jash among them (who work for the Turks, Arabs, Iranians) , that's why they still don't have a country.

Edited by MediaWarLord - 23-Jan-2011 at 22:44
Azadi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
retired AE moderator

Quote Azadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2011 at 11:51
Armenian, please, do not set the blame on the Kurdish nation (whom consist of many different tribes, languages and cultures). The Ottomans are to be blamed, which - at that time - used some Kurdish tribes to fight, deport and kill Armenians. Those were the same tribes whom were used to betray their fellow Kurdish brothers, and stood in the way for the creation of a free and independent Kurdish state. How dare you blame the whole Kurdish nation for what was done against the Armenians ? (Which indeed was terrible and acts of disgust).
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2011 at 11:36
When Kassites (with Gutians) gained control of Babylonia for a period of 576 years, they renamed their kingdom into: Karduniash. Maybe it is the original name for Kurdistan ?!

Kassite Empire / Karduniash ( = Kurdistan ? ) (1550 - 1000 BC)

The original homeland of the Kassites have been located in the Zagros Mountains in Lorestan. They lived together with the Gutians and later with the Medes and were neighbors of the Elamites. When Herodotus was referring to Kassites he called them Cissians or 'Asiatic Ethiopians'.

Edited by MediaWarLord - 17-Feb-2011 at 20:05
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2011 at 11:53
The Kassites

Earlier, the Kassites had migrated into the northwestern part of Elam. By 1800 B.C, they had begun a westward movement toward Mesopotamia from Elam. They at first tried making war, but after their defeats by Samsuiluna and Abieshu, they instead quietly filtered into Mesopotamia, and established their own towns and principalities. With the fall of the amorite dynasty of Hammurabi, they found their opening and were able to gradually take over the whole of mesopotamia. It was the Kassite king Ulamburiash, who later campaigned in the south, and finally defeated the Sumerian princes in the Sea Land (chaldea) in 1450 B.C.

Here is a face of an ancient man found in the region when Kassites and Gutians lived there:

And this is one of their Kings, Karaindash I:

Edited by MediaWarLord - 17-Feb-2011 at 20:16
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2011 at 19:42
About the Gutians and the Kassites:

... The Gutians were also evidently kin of the Kassites, as Saba Dara notes, “The Babylonian army was eventually defeated by a combined force of Gutium and their kinsmen, the Kashshu (Kas-Pi) or Kassites.” (Dara 2000) The Kassites have long been identified as Iranoid. ...

... Gutium or Guti, the ancient Kurds who spoke a branch of Hurrian language, which was also spoken by their kin of Lulu, Kassite, and Mittani. Their capital city was in and around the town of Kirkuk, named Arrapha ...

I think this is the place and it origin where Kurds were identified as Kurds for the first time! When Gutians and Kassites defeated the Babylonian army they called their land Karduniash, or Kurdistan. Even before the Medes. When the Medes repatriated back to their homeland, they were 'Kurdified' again.

Edited by MediaWarLord - 17-Feb-2011 at 19:58
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2011 at 20:01
The "Kassite head", shown by MediaWarLord, above seems to me to look very much like Etruscan art! Perhaps there is a relationship? Afterall, these people, reportedly were forced to migrate to Italy?

There are was somewhat familar to me, as being related to that of the coastal area of the Levant!

And, I still stand by my earlier remarks whereby, I identify the "Kurds" via the milk food product of the same name!

"whey" not?

Regards,

Edited by opuslola - 17-Feb-2011 at 20:04
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2011 at 20:31
Originally posted by opuslola

The "Kassite head", shown by MediaWarLord, above seems to me to look very much like Etruscan art! Perhaps there is a relationship? Afterall, these people, reportedly were forced to migrate to Italy?
Wow, very sharp of you to catch that, sir! I’m not familiar with the Etruscan art, but indeed after googleing I found some similarities. Especially how those huge eyes are emphasized. Like the Egyptian art... !

Yours sincerely,

MWL
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2011 at 20:58
Yes! Very unique indeed! I am glad to see that you are not a "lazy" war lord!

The resemblence is almost obvious once you are familar with Etruscan art!

Please keep it going?
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2011 at 21:36
Maybe I’m 'crazy' (war lord) but definitely not lazy!

But back on-topic, look what I’ve found and maybe that explains why those styles (Etruscan, Egyptian and Kassite) are, or look so similar.

I think it was a 'fashion' of that time, or something like that. Wink

The Kassites, like the Mittani, enjoyed a strong relationship with Egypt. It is known that a diplomatic marriage alliance also existed between the Egyptians and the Kassites. Although the original details of the negotiations are unknown, there is evidence that indicates Amenhotep II’s grandson, Amhenhotep III, married a princess from Babylonia, the daughter of the renowned Ziggurat builder, the Kassite King, Kurigalzu the Elder (ca.1400-1374 B.C.E.).

Edited by MediaWarLord - 17-Feb-2011 at 22:00
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2011 at 21:48
Aryans who introduced iron smithing to the Indus valley came from Kurdistan around 1800 BCE.

The earliest production of iron originates in eastern Anatolia and southern Caucasus even before 2500 BCE.

"It is a dagger with an smelted iron blade and a bronze handle, found in a Hattic royal tomb dated about 2500 BC, at Alaca Höyük in northern Anatolia. The Hattic people preceded the Hittites, and were already working bronze in a sophisticated way at this time."

Even the metallurgy originates in Kurdistan!

"From about 7000 BC a few neolithic communities begin hammering copper into crude knives and sickles, which work as well as their stone equivalents and last far longer. Some of the earliest implements of this kind have been found in eastern Anatolia."

Edited by MediaWarLord - 08-Mar-2011 at 21:56
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2011 at 20:23
Largest and oldest Zoroasterian Fire Temple in the world is in Kurdistan. Kudistan is the birth place of the Zoroastrianism!

Edited by MediaWarLord - 10-Mar-2011 at 20:45
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2011 at 23:33
New discoveries in "Charstin" an ancient Mitanni site of 2000 BCE. Dihok, South Kurdistan. A Pharao statue has also been found!

Edited by MediaWarLord - 12-Mar-2011 at 11:34
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2011 at 04:12

This is the only and real true! Which nation has got women's battalions, besides us Kurds (ok and the USSR in the past)?

Edited by MediaWarLord - 19-Mar-2011 at 13:06
Verethraghna View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Verethraghna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2011 at 17:50
dfefHello guys, I just registered to the forum

I am a half Kurd myself, residing in Scandinavia 

I met some Iranians in my city, some told me I could go for Iranic, some said that I had no resemblance whatsoever
Zert View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Zert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2011 at 18:40
Welcome to the forum.
Are you half Kurd-half Danish?

Btw, tbh I don't think you really look Iranic, but I know how you can find out what your phenotype is, check your pm bro Smile .

Btw, are you Zerdeshti?
Verethraghna View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Verethraghna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2011 at 19:01
Thank you

Yes, my mother is from Iranian Kurdistan and my Father is Danish with mixed Germanic ancestry

Again, a lot of people tell me I look Nordic, some tell me I could go for a Kurd (some light haired, light eyed kurds with freckles etc) and some even told me I look Slav

No I'm not, but im studying alot about Zoroastrianism at the moment
Consul
Consul

Quote MediaWarLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2011 at 18:28
Originally posted by MediaWarLord

When Kassites (with Gutians) gained control of Babylonia for a period of 576 years, they renamed their kingdom into: Karduniash. Maybe it is the original name for Kurdistan ?!

Kassite Empire / Karduniash ( = Kurdistan ? ) (1550 - 1000 BC)

The original homeland of the Kassites have been located in the Zagros Mountains in Lorestan. They lived together with the Gutians and later with the Medes and were neighbors of the Elamites. When Herodotus was referring to Kassites he called them Cissians or 'Asiatic Ethiopians'.

According Ilya Gershevitch in the Cambridge History of Iran the ending -iash means 'earth.' I believe that the Kassites ending -iash changed in -stan.

So Kardun-iash transformed to Kardun-stan, or Kurdistan!

Aryakq View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Aryakq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2011 at 08:19

Kurdish colthing in Iranian Kurdistan and Iraqi Kurdistan

http://ups.night-skin.com/images/ylmbkf4mwlg7j5vvdwn6.jpg

Kurdish colthing in Syrian Kurdistan

http://ups.night-skin.com/images/v21npu6fkxsslm90sfnf.jpg

Kurdish colthing in Turkish Kurdistan

http://ups.night-skin.com/images/4q6cl39sb88kq0gr3m.jpg

elamites View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote elamites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2011 at 20:23
ChildrenOfMala'Kak View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote ChildrenOfMala'Kak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2016 at 10:28
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 22232425>