Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kurdish ancestry: what is true, and what isn't?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 25>
Author
ideas View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ideas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurdish ancestry: what is true, and what isn't?
    Posted: 17-Apr-2010 at 06:25
Originally posted by kalhur

idea
 i am actually kalhor  kurd from gilane gharb origin and very proud of it  and i love kermanshah and would be proud to be kurd from kermanshah , because kermanshahi people are very proud and civilised people both fars and kermanshahi kurds  very unlike you they do not insult the others  kurd or fars. and do not lies about pkk being involved in kurdish war in southern kurdestan when even pkk  hasen't existed at that time. try to be a honest man if you are really kurdAngry or not an inflitrator from anatloliWink KURDS are all brothers  sorani ; hawrami ; jaff ; ghakhani ; kalhori ; zaaki; behdinany and they are brothers to all iranian peoples and even arab and turcs too even wehave faught against them ,because they diden't respect our nation, please stop your childish comments,

When did I say PKK was invloved? I said barzani.. read carefully man..
am a sorani kurd from kurdistan region .... stop bad mouthing us you jash.. we kurds in north iraq support turkey kurds.. and we all know you jash, so stop talking in behalf of kurds ok?!?!?
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2010 at 06:44
 who gives you that right to call other kurds jash ? why you try to splite kurds ? i never said you are a jash , but it seems you are one of themWink, because you are used to this word . 
you have been surely called for that . how old was you when the late mulah mustafa  barzani was alive ? 
how many war have you faught at that time? dosen't saddam massmurdered feylies in khanaghin? . you only call every body else jash  and yourself real kurdWink, do not be so stupid and insulting other peoples. how many war did you  fight for kurdestan and i answered you where i am comming from  . please tell us where are you from??? that is so pure kurdish LOL

Edited by kalhur - 17-Apr-2010 at 06:46
ideas View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote ideas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2010 at 06:50

who gives you that right to call other kurds jash ? why you try to splite kurds ? i never said you are a jash , but it seems you are one of themWink, because you are used to this word . 
you have been surely called for that . how old was you when the late mulah mistafa alive ? how many war have you faught at that time? dosen't saddam massmurdered feylies in khanaghin? . you only call every body else jash  and yourself real kurdWink, do not be so stupid and insulting other peoples. how many war did you  fight for kurdestan and i answered you where i am comming from  . please tell us where are you from??? that is so pure kurdish LOL

You seem to have a habit of not reading carefully..

I said am a sorani kurd.. from kurdistan (in iraq) ...
Let me tell you what a jash is, becuase you obviously dont know what it is..
A jash is what we kurds call "traitors" "self hating kurds" such as yourself, you fall into the traitor category, along with every other kermanshah kurd..

Actually, am not old enough to have been in wars, however was is not the only thing that will benefit kurds, education is another tool, and this is the root I'v chosen to take! otherwise everyone starting from my cousins to my grandad have been a peshmerga!

You are jash for not believing in the kurdish cuase, you are jash for not wanting a country for us kurds, jash!

Please do not ever again, spread propaganda about barzani! becuase he fought irani army in mahabad and its a fact

Edited by ideas - 17-Apr-2010 at 06:51
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2010 at 07:03
who said i hate my kurdish origin ? actually as a traitor and sadam'sboy  you are used to insult the other kurds . sorani is not a place it is a kurdish dialect . are you sorani speaking kurd from takritBig smile
you stupid little piece of shit liar . you don't even know that gilan gharb is hundredes of miles far from kermanshahShocked if you were in front of me i would  make you swallow every shit comming out of your mouth even i am a 60 years old manAngry. anyway as i understood you are a child and you have many mental disorder , once you are pure kurd aryan, then you are a kurdish freedom fighter which has never faught a warLOL, but have right to insult other kurds. please consult Dr. phil Big smile
!

Edited by kalhur - 20-Apr-2010 at 03:27
ideas View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote ideas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2010 at 07:07

who said i hate my kurdish origin ? actually as a traitor and sadam'sboy  you are used to insult the other kurds . sorani is not a place it is a kurdish dialect . are you sorani speaking kurd from takritBig smile
you stupid little peace of shit liar . you don't even know that gilan gharb is hundredes of miles far from kermanshahShocked if you were in front of me i would  make you swallow every shit comming out of your mouth even i am a 60 years old manAngry. anyway as i understood you are a child and you have many mental disorder , once you are pure kurd aryan, then you are a kurdish freedom fighter which has never faught a warLOL, but have right to insult other kurds. please consult Dr. phil Big smile
!

What the hell is wrong with you? just becuase your english is bad dont make assumptions..

Im 100% pro-kurdish state!
Im 100% anti jash-you!
Im 100% ainti saddam or iraq for that matter
Im 100% anti - turk/arab/ some persians

I don't care how old you are, or who you are!
WE kurds, the nationalists loyal to kurds only are the only ones who can decide who to call jash or not.. how dare you call me saddams boy?!?!? when my familiy has ben fighting him for years?!? idiot!

Plus, what have you dont? ha.. what have you done? other then ally yourself with iran?

Am not from tikrit.. AM FROM KIRKUK.
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2010 at 08:36
 it is your assumption of yourself  by yourself. Wink
mine  assumption is:
once you were pure (aryan median) kurdBig smilethen you become only 30% aryan!!! ooops not good for a pure race kurd like you!!! it seems you have deep racial problem in kirkuk!!!
then you know the things about war in iranian border and who was fighting att get killed before even you was born!! (not bad)!! bravo
 you are a perplexed arrogant children which knows very little about kurds  their  hisotry  and  their geografy and location there are 6 million kurds living in iran and nearly 1/3 of them living in what called kermanshah province. and you call them all jash as you are youself are  that.Angry
i suspect deeply that you are even kurd!!! in kirkuk there plenty of turkamans, arabs and many others  and  of cours kurds too and a lot of  mixed breed too any way it is not of importance , because we are all human.
. in gilane - gharb i am comming  i have to tell there are only kurdsBig smile living, no fars no arab or turkaman!
you don't know even that kermanshah is a mixed persian -kurd city and their is no such a thing as specific kermanshai kurds .
beside fars population of kermanshah  there are lores and leks (djalalavand, kakavand , osmanvand) then many different kurdish tribes. hawrami, kalhori, gorani, sennandaji, sandjabi,ghalkhani and many others,
 the kurds in kermanshah are not all shia muslims as you said before.
 there are great  amount of  them are ahle- hagh (goran, sanjabi. kalhor) and sunni from sanna(sanandej) mainly lek and lore non fars are shia muslim
 the kurds from kermanshah has not participated in war because they are living far from frontier with irak and they have been a great part of sasanid empire .
 before islam the kurds (mede) and fars were united not divided and even ardeshir sasani was ½ mede(kurd) and ½ fars and so was the cyrus the great too, iran was build by alliance of mede( southern kurds) and fars.
you say kermanshai kurds without knowing that all these southern kurdish tribes are partially living there beside farsi speaking people and call themselves kermanshani when they are living in kermanshah.please read more about kurdish history and do not insult other kurds if you are kurd or not turkaman from kirkuk!!

Edited by kalhur - 24-Apr-2010 at 08:18
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2010 at 09:03
Thread temporarily closed and Warning issued to ideas.

The thread is unlocked! Smile

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 19-Apr-2010 at 10:44
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2010 at 18:24
Reading more into Kurdish origins I came across this and it surprisingly supports my theory that todays Kurds came about after the fall of the Sassanids.

John Limbert: The Origins of the Kurds in Pre-Islamic Iran

In spite of the apparent similarity between the words Kurd and Kardu, Kyrtiae, and Corduene, philologists feel that the older terms are distinct from Kurd by reason of the final short vowel which is part of the root of these words, i.e., Kardu (kardu-karduw)     and Kyrti.  The initial K or Kardu may actually represent I, in which case there is a connection with the Semitic root QRD*, meaning brave or strong.  Furthermore, Kardu may be related to Kart'veli, the indigenous name for the Georgians.  The name Kurd probably comes from the Persian  Gord, meaning "hero", which would be an Iranian interpretation of the local name, Kardu or Qardu.

From what I have been reading, the only mention of Kurds in Iranian history pre-islamic times was during the Sassanids, to describe Nomadic tribes and they lived further south in Fars provance.  These tribes are believed to have been Lur in origin, some tribes by the names that are mentioned still exist among Lurs.

Could these tribes have moved to the North? But todays Kurds don't speak Lur, but share many cultural similarties, Or were todays Kurds born after fall of the Sassanids? Name was gradually adopted due to Social label or do to Arabs making a mistake in name?

What you guys think?

Edited by Ince - 24-Apr-2010 at 18:38
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2010 at 12:55
Like i wrote in the other Artice.  The ancestors of Kurds are Medians which themselves were just a conforderation of hundrets of Tribes like Urartian, Hurrians, Scyths, Hethits, Lullubis, Cassits, gutis, carduks and so on. The Medians we know were not a homogene Nation. Even the first Median King Kyaxares I. was a half Urartian  
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2010 at 16:43
Originally posted by Xorto

Like i wrote in the other Artice.  The ancestors of Kurds are Medians which themselves were just a conforderation of hundrets of Tribes like Urartian, Hurrians, Scyths, Hethits, Lullubis, Cassits, gutis, carduks and so on. The Medians we know were not a homogene Nation. Even the first Median King Kyaxares I. was a half Urartian  

Xorto, do you think linguastic can shed some more light on Kurdish history? I am still trying to understand why Kurmanji has strong SW elements.  Even tho Kurmanji speakers live right next Zaza in the North yet they have many similarties to Persian, even Gorani and Hawramni don't have this much similarties with Persian and they live more closer.

Kurds claim that Kurmanji was the language of the Medes? 

ZazakiPersianKurmanci
English
bdd
-
berdarderi
door

ZazakiPersianKurmanci
hrss
hrisese (loan)[10]
hrissisi (loan)[10]

ZazakiPersianKurmanci
English
wx(u)x(w)
-
witišxwābxew
sleep
wxxw
sweet
wend-xānd-xwend-
read
waxāharxweh
sister
werd-xord-xward-
swallow, eat
ZazakiPersianKurmanci
English
vb / gb / g
-
vābādbā
wind
vārānbārānbārān
rain
vācāvāzbēj
sing, say
vāz-bez-bez-
run
vangbangbang, dang
voice
veyvbayobuk
bride, wedding
varekbarrebarx
sheep
vawr, vorbarfbefr
snow
vēn, vīnbīn-bīn-
see
vīstbistbist
twenty
vīyābīvebī
widow
viyālbidbi
willow
vāšgiyāhgiyā
grass
vilgulgul
Flower
varggorggurg
wolf

ZazakiKurmanciPersian
English
z/sz/sd/h
-
zerridildil
heart
zerdzêrzar
gold
zan-zan-dān-
know
zamazavadāmād
groom
ezez (min)ed- (man)
I
berzbilindboland
borough, high
desdehdah
ten

ZazakiPersianKurmanci
English
ĵzž
-
ĵenizanžın
woman
ĵin-zan-žen-
playing music, to beat
ĵiwiyayıšzīstanžıyan
live
ĵindezendezındi (loan)
alive
ĵorzabar- (bala)žor
up
ĵêrzīržêr
down
ĵiaz/zeži
from
roĵzrož
day
vaĵāvāzž
say, sing
pewĵ-paz-ž
cook
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 02:34
Ince
actually the language of medes and pers maybe not being very different from begining.
 the lore tribes in central iran which are medes from beging do speak lory dialect which is even much more near to FARSI than kurdish.
a fars can nearly understand what a lore is saying in lory!!!it sounds more like a persian dialect than being a different language!!
 it is why there is such a similarity between kurdish and farsi language medes and persians were very close related peoples from the begining. they do build together achemenide and sasanide empire too.

Edited by kalhur - 07-May-2010 at 02:37
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 03:26

Ince
actually the language of medes and pers maybe not being very different from begining.
 the lore tribes in central iran which are medes from beging do speak lory dialect which is even much more near to FARSI than kurdish.
a fars can nearly understand what a lore is saying in lory!!!it sounds more like a persian dialect than being a different language!!
 it is why there is such a similarity between kurdish and farsi language medes and persians were very close related peoples from the begining. they do build together achemenide and sasanide empire too.

I have noticed that Lur is similar to Persian, which angerd some Kurdish Nationalists who claim Lurs are Kurds, even Laki who identify themselves as Kurds have many Persian and Lur words.

Infact many of the Kurdish languages are pretty different from eachother but have inlfuenced eachother over time.  Kalhuri and Sorani is somtimes categorized as sub dialects of Kurmanji.  Where as Gorani and Zaza are categorized as Zaza-Gorani, been more similar to eachother.  Laki and Feyli are seen as Luri.

Not much or any written words of the Medes has been found, so it makes it difficult to point out which language group is descended from it.  Sometimes Kurdish is categorized as been offshoot of Parthian.

Heres a text that was found in N.Iraq and is believed to have been in the Parthian language, and Hawrmani speakers can understand it.  Also damm the Arab invasion Angry

Hurmizgan (also Hurmuzgan, Hormizgan) is the name of an ancient Kurdish poem written on skin from muslim Arabs attacks era about 13 centuries ago. It was found around Hezarmerd village in Sulaimani province in Iraqi Kurdistan in the beginning of 19th century.

The Kurdish text and its translation in English is as following:

Hurmizgan riman, Atiran kujan
Wishan Shardewe gewrey gewrekan
Zorkar ereb kirne xapûr
Ginay paleyi heta Sharezûr
Jin u kenikan we dil beshina
Mêrd aza tli we ruy hwêna
Reweshti Zerdeshtre manuwe bekes
Bezeyika neka Hewrmez we hwichkes.
  • English translation:
The temples destroyed, the fires were turn off, (killed)
the greatest of the sirs hided himself
Cruel Arabs destroyed
The villages of poor peoples till Sharezur
They enslaved girls and women
brave men dived into their blood
The Zoroastrianism lost its followers
Ahuramazda felt pity on no one.
  • Kurdish(Hawrami Dialect) transliteration:

هورمزگان رمان، ئاتران کوژان

ویشان شاردوه گه‌وره‌ی گه‌وره‌کان

زۆر کار ئه‌ره‌ب کرنه‌ خاپور

گنای پاله ئی هه‌تا شارزور

ژن و که‌نکیان وه دیل به‌شینا

میرد ئازا تلی وه روی هوێنا

روشت زه‌رده‌شتره مانوه بی که‌س

به‌زه‌یکا نیکا هورمز وه‌ هویچ که‌س

Edited by Ince - 07-May-2010 at 03:29
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 04:41
how old is this text, because without translation it is  easy for me to understand  it !! almost the words are same !!! it is not much different from our kalhuri dialectShocked!! i love hawrami music . they are very talanted in music and poems.!
unfortunately the extrem nationalism often damge the historical truth about the peoplescultural and ethnical back ground!! often many racistical fictions and not much historical and ethnological factsUnhappy

Edited by kalhur - 07-May-2010 at 05:02
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 04:53

how old is this text, because without translation it is  easy for me to understand  it !! almost the words are same !!! it is not much different from our kalhuri dialectShocked!! i love hawrami music . they are very talanted in music and poems.!

It says around, 1300 years ago.  So around 100 years after the Arab Invasion.  I also notice many similar words to Kurmanji, but my Kurdish is not that good so maybe more words are similar.

I too like Hawramni music, specially this one, I little bit of what the singer says. I recently found out that Parwana is a girls name, in India it means Butterfly  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GERJdZl5goo
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 05:16
 i saw that video klip it was very nice  dance. hawramani are very nice people. i have been a couple of times traveling in hawaramant  more than 40 years agoUnhappy the hawrami girls are among most beautiful girls Wink and hawrami men are known to be very brave fighters too.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 05:23

i saw that video klip it was very nice  dance. hawramani are very nice people. i have been a couple of times traveling in hawaramant  more than 40 years agoUnhappy the hawrami girls are among most beautiful girls Wink and hawrami men are known to be very brave fighters too.

I've never met a Harmani Kurd, but looking at that video I can see why they are seen as brave, they look strong built.
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 05:35
Hurmizgan riman, Atiran kujan= hurmozgan remanen agerian kujten
Wishan Shardewe gewrey gewrekan  =we ishan shardawei gauray gauragan(nearl same)
Zorkar ereb kirne xapûr =  fre=zur both are used in kalhuri  fre kar arab krdene kharaw(khapur)
Ginay paleyi heta Sharezûr = giyay( geea or geda=POOR) diaka kan(vilage s) hata sharezur (maybe it means big city= share - zur also can be used instead of gawra =big)
Jin u kenikan we dil beshina=  jen o kenishka (young woman  teenager) kan we del besine(nearly same)
Mêrd aza tli we ruy hwêna= merd-aza(free man=brave) kaftie we ruye xweine
Reweshti Zerdeshtre manuwe bekes= rawheshti zardosht ma- na- wei be- kas(exactly same )
Bezeyika neka Hewrmez we hwichkes.= be-zhyan-ka nekerd hormoz wa hichkas.
 translation:to kalhuri
you see how near is this two languagesShocked

Edited by kalhur - 09-May-2010 at 11:51
Xorto View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Xorto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 09:21
@Ince are you shadow? if yes you should know best why it is. If not i can tell you the guy who made this tables is well known by me. look it is a lie and total false to say kurmanci has more persian influence than hewrami!! Hewrami even adopted in some areas the persian suffix mi while kurmanci is still using it´s own suffix de! The reason why zazaki has less persian influence is because zazaki was just used in villages and foreclosed from the other big languages while kurmanci was  used as conservation language between persians and other kurdish tribes! Thats why the population of kurmanci speaker is today higher than the one of zazaki speaker. And it is not proved that the medians used v instead of b! according to the latest results we can be sure that the scyths even used b instead of v. The important thing is just what do you see as the source language. 
kalhur View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kalhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 14:45
xorto
when i listen to kurdish music from turkey it sounds that the pronounciation of words are much similar to persian than our own dialect in southern kurdestan, but as you say the  kurmanji gramatic is very different from  farsi .
i don't know why, but somehow the words are pronouncrd much more like persian in kurmanji.
 i listened to ibrahim tatlisa song . shemame the words for things are often very identical to persian.
i have noticed too that:
 kurmanji berf = barf persian wafer in my dialect.
               baran= baran persian . waaran in my dialect 
often B is changed to W i southern kurdestan but it is B in north like in persian!!
unfortunately in our days after the iran iraq war which resulted to the devastation of many vilages and cities . many people from our tribe have  left thier homes and setteled around  persian speaking cities like kermanshah and our dialect is changed too i see when younger people are speaking kalhuri often they use persian words instead of using their own and the result is slowly the language changes !! and an old dialect is disapearing Unhappy

Edited by kalhur - 07-May-2010 at 15:06
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2010 at 16:44
Originally posted by Xorto

@Ince are you shadow? if yes you should know best why it is. If not i can tell you the guy who made this tables is well known by me. look it is a lie and total false to say kurmanci has more persian influence than hewrami!! Hewrami even adopted in some areas the persian suffix mi while kurmanci is still using it´s own suffix de! The reason why zazaki has less persian influence is because zazaki was just used in villages and foreclosed from the other big languages while kurmanci was  used as conservation language between persians and other kurdish tribes! Thats why the population of kurmanci speaker is today higher than the one of zazaki speaker. And it is not proved that the medians used v instead of b! according to the latest results we can be sure that the scyths even used b instead of v. The important thing is just what do you see as the source language. 

No I did not make that I got it from here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zazaki_language#Phonological_Correspondences_of_Zazaki_and_other_Iranian_Languages

I am Kurmanji speaker and my Kurdish is ok not very good, the Kurmanji words that I know look correct to me, I am not if all,  I also am not sure about the Zazaki and Persian, I think when they use Persian on that Chart it does not mean soley Farsi it could also be Tajik and Dari.

I just turned 17 a few weeks ago, so I am still knew to all this.  I have for the past few months looking for articles regarding Kurdish languages and most of them always mention that Kurmanji/Sorani has SW elements, example here http://www.iranica.com/articles/kurdish-language-i

These similarties could of taken shape during Old or Middle-Persian, I've read somewhere that Kurdish is more similar to Middle-Persian then to Modern Persian.   It does not have to be that Persian influenced Kurdish, it could be that Kurdish speakers were in more closer contact with Persians and the similarties could of shaped together

Edited by Ince - 07-May-2010 at 16:54
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 25>