Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stanley's here, have another beer.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stanley's here, have another beer.
    Posted: 19-Apr-2009 at 15:03
S&D, the Rangers are up two in the first series. I bet you're geeked. Of course now is the time of year to brag about the Wings again. I bet you'll love reading about that for the next month! Up 2- on the Blue Jackets. Is it any wonder? A name like that? Those playoff newbs should be happy just to be there.

Edited by Seko - 19-Apr-2009 at 15:04
Parnell View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Parnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2009 at 18:58
Ugh. American's and your strange sports. Tongue
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2009 at 19:17
You have no idea how excited I am! But unline Detroit, the Rangers are playing against a real team that's supposed to have a huge offensive upside and they aren't doin jack! I got a good feeling about this year! Everyone wants to count us out, but I'm feelin it! Can't wait for monday!Big smile
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2009 at 03:52
Originally posted by Parnell

Ugh. American's and your strange sports. Tongue
I am almost insulted but that, Baseball and American Football is bad. Hockey is purely a Canadian sport. One of the fastest growing in the world. TongueWink
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2009 at 19:45
I prefer air-hockey

Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2009 at 03:02
Well Rangers lost bad last night. I think I've fallen into depression.... By the way, I hate Ovechkin now...
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2009 at 14:38
Rangers will still take the series after playing flat for one game. Sharks are having a tough time getting by Anaheim. Vancouver made it into the next round. Wings are doing what we all expected them to do. Stanley's road leads to the Wizard of Oz. Angel
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2009 at 15:29
Tonight is a test for the Rangers. The Caps got a taste of blood, they are a offensive power house in my opinion, and their rookie goaltender can stand on his head! Rangers have no real offense. It's Lundqvist who keeps us in the game! He's been getting over 30 shots to him, our D while good isn't great. I look at our blueline and the defensive pairs just look lopsided, no real shut down pair. And Torts is probably right in doing that since I'd never trust lets say Redden and Mara. While good in certain ways, they would not be able to cover each other.

So we'll see what happens tonight. Staal seems to up his game against Ovechkin when he's on the ice, which is amazing for such a young defenseman and even if we lose the series, atleast we know we have a buildable future.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2009 at 18:20
Rangers passed the test so far S&D. How they did so is hard to figure until you take one magnificent player into the equation; and not I'm not talking about Ovechkin. King Henrik is magnificent. He stood on his head, squared off and stopped practically every pot shot slapped his way. Impressive and fun to watch a goaltender playing like that. As for the rest of the Rangers, well, let's just say that they are winning and ahead in the series. Washington was all over them but the score doesn't reflect that. 
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2009 at 02:03
Oi! Has anyone forgot bout the Flames and Blackhawks? 2-2; GO FLAMES GO! Calgary Flames FTW! idk bout the Flames series, it will be a tough one from now. I can cee a game 7. I am currently watching game 6 of the Rangers of Capitals. Ovechkin made a sexy goal, since he is the worlds best player. Iggy is also the top 5 in the world. Iggy will hopfully be team Canada's Captain in 2010 in Vancouver.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Maciej View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Maciej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2009 at 20:04
Looks like the Rangers have some hard work cut out for them tomorrow. I hope they win so that my Bruins have an easy team to roll over in the second round. :) 
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2009 at 06:42
I am saddened by the loss of the Flames, I have no more need to watch the NHL, oh well. io can now watch the World Hockey tourney and watch Canada take the gold, even though I worry bout Russia and Sweden. Two great team out of NA.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2009 at 14:03
Rangers-Caps tonight!

CG, tough going. You ran into a capable Chicago team.

What's with San Jose? Thornton played like he was on fire some of the time and, at other moments, like he was in need of a pillow and blanket.

Ducks - Wings. Scarey good.

General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2009 at 15:15
It dropped my heart that. The loss is a terrible thing to bear, even the C of Red wasn't enough to blow the Windy City away.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2009 at 19:04

Strange happenings. A night where the Rangers played a good game only to succumb to an aging vet. Note to Tortorella, when you need a goal in the series clincher how about firing more than one shot on net in the third! Also, it's called pulling the goalie for a reason. You're suppose to do just that. 

After turning the channel briefly to Sportscenter I was suprised to find out what lay in store when I turned back to the Devils-Hurricanes game. Unbelievable! Down with a couple minutes to go in game seven, Carolina pulls two goals out of their collective rears thus completing their little game of Rippley's believe it or not. Brodeur will have a long summer.

S&D and CG does this mean I'll be the only one left posting in this thread?

Edited by Seko - 29-Apr-2009 at 21:23
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2009 at 19:39
Nope, not yes, I am kinda excited now. Crosby Vs Ovechkin? That sounds very exciting. Big smile
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2009 at 23:40
lol I think I'll continue to follow hockey. But it was depressing seeing the season end for the Rangers.... Let's see what the offseason brings us down the road I guess. Hopefully get further next year.
Maciej View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Maciej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2009 at 03:02
It was a bit disappointing to see the Rangers go down especially after such a good effort in game 7. I think when it comes down to it though, King Henrik got knocked off his throne. I really think he could have played better. It should be very entertaining to watch Caps vs Pens though.

As far as the Flames and Chicago go, I was not surprised at all to see the Blackhawks win. Same goes for Sharks and Ducks. The Ducks team right now is a team built for the play offs and although the Sharks had a decent offense their defense was not all that impressive.

The biggest surprise for me was Carolina, especially since they were losing 3, 2 with two minutes left in the 3rd. I was prepared to see the Bruins playing against the Pens but was very pleasantly surprised to see Carolina send Jersey packing.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2009 at 23:39
So far today the Redwings and the Ducks have a really good game going.  It's 3-3 in 3OT.  Great game, I'm glad my girlfriend got me into Hockey this year, because of her I support the Redwings.
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 14:09
Good to hear you're following the sport John. There IS NOT a better sport out there! And it sounds like you're girl is awesome(can't go wrong with Hockey fans!), don't let her go!

Some Rangers news, Naslund has hung up the skates. So we now have another 4mil in cap space to use. And with that it's without a doubt going to go to waste since Glen Sathers in charge. Can't wait to see what garbage we pick up...

The Pens-Caps game was pretty fun to watch. Ovechkin had a hat trick, and I believe Sidney too. It really is a battle between the two. I don't know which one to root for though, I don't like either one of them. Maybe Pens since I'm bitter...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>