Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How about that North Korean Rocket?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How about that North Korean Rocket?
    Posted: 06-Apr-2009 at 04:28
Well what do you guys think about it? lol I thought it would have been bigger... So what do you guys think the U.N. going to do about it?
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2009 at 05:24
Good for Koreans! they are making long range missiles with all restrictions.Dead
Anfører
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2009 at 05:36
Yeah I'm impressed. If they can put satelites up they aren't very far away from ICBMs.

I think "the global community" (particularly one nearby nation) needs to relax up a bit though, its not the North Koreans who are coming off unreasonable here.
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Sun Tzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2009 at 06:13
Well I've chagned my mind a bit about the situation and I agree somewhat with you Omar, I guess Japan is just scared of nukes. If they put towards peaceful uses, then I don't have a problem.(The U.S. still holds the name of the first nation to use an atomic bomb in war) Nobody today ever condemns the U.S. for basically commiting an act of terrorism in 1945 against Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Although as a U.S. citizen I tend to beleive that it actually did save lives(they estimated more than a million would die in invasion) My grandfather was going to be on the second wave of the invasion of Southern Japan(prolly might not have survived), so in a sense I'm here today because of the bomb...

Edited by Sun Tzu - 06-Apr-2009 at 06:16
Sun Tzu

All warfare is based on deception - Sun Tzu
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2009 at 11:39
Well I am agianst it.

Japan will follow suite, and the south korea to add to already heavy amount of weaponry in that region.
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2009 at 01:28
What easier way for the PRC to conduct missile tests and assess the results than to have the North Koreans do it for them and stay at arm's length from all the controversy?

Really, does any of us think the NKs are in this by themselves?  North Korea can't feed itself; is dependant on China for electricity; is a state supported by artificial narcotics (meth) production, counterfeiting, extortion by means of foreign aid, and is led by the "fourth stooge."

Who thinks this vestige of Communism can evacuate it's collective bowels without the consent of the PRC?

Certainly as long as the Kims are at the center of the cult of personality, they will dance to the tune of Beijing....probably longer.  North Korea is too valuable as a desperate, bankrupt puppet, taking the heat, for the Chinese to discipline their 1950 lunacy.

Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2009 at 05:03
Originally posted by Sun Tzu

(The U.S. still holds the name of the first nation to use an atomic bomb in war) Nobody today ever condemns the U.S. for basically commiting an act of terrorism in 1945 against Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Sun Tzu, i disagree. I think there was a thread here some time ago with a lot of people criticizing the US decision to employ the two bombs. In fact, i have seen a lot of internet boards holding such discussion's, with more people condemning than defending the US decisions to drop the bombs.

As for the NoRk rocket, i believe it fizzled and dropped into the mid-Pacific contrary to expectations? Though i do need to check on that.

BTW... i am against it for so many reasons, first because it has the potential to cause a regional arms race and the build up of forces; And as for the other reasons, well... it just snowballs from there into one big global cluster-F#@k after another!

Edited by Panther - 08-Apr-2009 at 05:27
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2009 at 07:55
Originally posted by Pike

What easier way for the PRC to conduct missile tests and assess the results than to have the North Koreans do it for them and stay at arm's length from all the controversy?

Why on earth would China need to use NK for missile tests?
They put a man in space not long ago, and launch satellites at will. If they wanted to test a missile carrying a satellite into orbit they'd have fired from Xinjiang and no-one would have noticed much. I can't see any controversy they are avoiding by have NK fire their satellites for them. In fact they make it worse for themselves in terms of internation pressure.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2009 at 11:17
it may not be the test itself but the pressure it puts on Japan, SK and the USA. The whole PRC-NK thinking/relationship is opaque at best, so i dont like assuming anything let alone intentions. I dont think the US really knows what going on. But NK i think has a bit of that 'wild card' indepedance about it, even if its PRC proxy.

AFAIK the Nth Koreans also use slightly different rockets, so if the PRC wants to export to Iran, pakistan or whoever else, it would do so indirectly via NK - using 'not so Chinese' weapons that use enough NK derived technology to mask the chess move.

Post Reply Post Reply