Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Baseball Season 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baseball Season 2009
    Posted: 23-Oct-2009 at 21:03
Well, they did it.  The Phils are National league Champs.  Now we wait to see who takes the AL, Yanks or Angels.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2009 at 07:23
Here it is Oct. and the Phills are close to another first, first time back to back WS appearances. For them it's a first.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2009 at 00:24
I know I was at the game, it was awesome to see that.  That was the first time he pitched in almost a week.  I thought Granderson hit a good pitch but Mo probably missed his spot.

THe Jays won't be there in the end, once the Rays, Socks and Yanks get going.
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2009 at 21:47
Swisher jacked two from either side of the plate last night.  It was the eighth time he has done that in his career!

What is going on with Mariano Rivera?  I mean, Granderson is a good hitter, and he nailed that pitch, but Rivera has not been getting it done lately.

What about them Jays?  We have talked before about their chances in such a difficult division.  It seems like they are holding their own for now.

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2009 at 20:59
Pitching from the wind-up instead of from the stretch with a fast player on third and the third baseman at least 30 feet away from the bag.  It was a travesty to watch that play unfold.  Pettitte didn't even look at Ellsbury on that play.  Posada dropped the ball as well he should have stood up so that Pettite would know to throw a fast ball instead of the offspeed pitch he threw.  Over all the series was horrible for the Yankees, I mean they blew leads in the first two games, ridiculous! 
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2009 at 20:15
The Yankees vs. Red Sox game last night was rather low-key.  No bench-clearing brawls.  The highlight was Jacoby Ellsbury stealing home.  How did Pettitte let that happen?
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2009 at 22:13
Yeah he did better than Wang.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2009 at 17:35

How about that half inning that Swisher PITCHED?  He even got a K! LOL

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2009 at 19:55
Unfortunately the Jays won't be able to keep up with the Rays, Red Sox, and Yankees.  The Jays simply don't have the pitching to do this.
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2009 at 17:15
The Blue Jays are off to a great start, looks like they are going to make the playoff.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2009 at 06:05
No RBI for Swisher today and just one hit.  Sorry Byzantine.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2009 at 05:45
I certainly hope so. We are due for another trophy. A century of waiting is more than enough I hope
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2009 at 05:33

Originally posted by King John

Swisher just hit an RBI triple.  He's having quite the start of the season.

And the amazing start continues!  He is really tearing it up.  Imagine a full season of this? Clap

ESPN.com

Nick Swisher  #33  CF
2009 STATS
BA HR RBI OBP SLG
.538 2 9 .625 1.385

Originally posted by es_bih

Once again I am cheering for the Cubs to the World Series Embarrassed

I know, I know, I am a Northside Chicagoan, I must be optimistic even if it is 100 years in a row LOL

It is still possible!  If Soriano stays healthy and Zambrano stays consistent, not to mention the always steadfast Aramis Ramirez, they definitely have a chance.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2009 at 03:47

Today is the first game of the regular season with the Philadelphia Phillies playing the Atlanta Braves.  The rest of the teams are scheduled to start tomorrow.  I would like to know what those baseball fans out there see for this coming year.  Personally I think the Play off teams will be as follows:
AL East Yankees NL East Phillies
AL Central Twins NL Central Cubs
AL West Angels NL West Dodgers
Wild Card Rays Wild Card Mets
AL Champion Yankees NL Champion Cubs
World Series: Yankees vs. Cubs
WS Champ: Yankees in 6 games

MVP
AL= Texiera NL= Wright
Cy Young
AL= Sabbathia NL= Webb
ROY
AL=Weiters NL= no idea

Now I know my predictions are New York heavy but I'm originally from that area.

Once again I am cheering for the Cubs to the World Series Embarrassed

I know, I know, I am a Northside Chicagoan, I must be optimistic even if it is 100 years in a row LOL
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2009 at 00:49
Swisher just hit an RBI triple.  He's having quite the start of the season.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2009 at 21:18
I think the plan was always go get Swisher into games as often as possible, so I think Girardi is going to keep working with the rotation he is going with now.

*Edit: swisher just hit a 2 Run Double.  on the day he is 3/5 with 5 RBI.

Edited by King John - 09-Apr-2009 at 21:41
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2009 at 20:42

Swisher just singled in another run.

I saw it that time.  Is Girardi going to give him more playing time now?

Willis isn't even in the majors any more.  Bonderman and Verlander are over rated.  Bonderman was never really that good anyway.

Willis is on the DL as far as I know.  I agree that that they are overrated; however, they are not THIS bad and should be pitching a lot better than this over the past couple years.  It is the same group of starters (minus Kenny Rogers) who got them to the playoffs and the World Series.  Maybe these young guys they have in the rotation this year will do better.

Edited by Byzantine Emperor - 09-Apr-2009 at 20:43
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2009 at 20:34
Willis isn't even in the majors any more.  Bonderman and Verlander are over rated.  Bonderman was never really that good anyway.  
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2009 at 20:33
Swisher just singled in another run.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2009 at 20:26

Just for you Byzantine Emperor, Nick Swisher just hit a 2-Run Home Run.

I must have just missed it!  I was watching this game along with the Tigers vs. Blue Jays.

The Tigers seem like a very sad case.  They have one of the best offenses in the game, but their pitching has been AWFUL the past couple years.  Why can't Verlander, Bonderman, and Willis get it together?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>